IGNORED

Where will we finish next season? (Pre transfer window)

Unan

Where will we finish next season? (Pre transfer window)  

256 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Norwich anyone? :noexp:

3 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Because we will never have enough information anyway - I mean,  we sign Sammy Sazmodric and that makes your guess less wild than guessing now? 

This, and people don't have anything better to do. People like me, and you.

I have him on ignore so didn't see he had posted but please can nobody feed the lonely old man, there are right ways and wrong ways to go about getting attention.

How to cope with loneliness

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I must admit I`d given it ten posts before a certain troll butted in with some meaningless comment but he outdid himself this time - post four!

He thinks he's OTIB's Neil Warnock but he's just 100% Colin

As the squad stands if we signed no one we’d be below midtable. I can’t really judge it differently until we do some business. As it stands our starting lineup is probably this

Maenpaa

Hunt Wright Webster Baker

Pack Brownhill

Weimann Paterson  Eliasson

Diedhiou

So yea lower midtable but not sure relegation candidates!

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

As the squad stands if we signed no one we’d be below midtable. I can’t really judge it differently until we do some business. As it stands our starting lineup is probably this

Maenpaa

Pack Brownhill

Diedhiou

You have to say when you see it written down we are pretty lightweight!

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You have to say when you see it written down we are pretty lightweight!

Yep which is why my expectations are tempered at the moment. Bit antsy waiting on our first signing but there was still a lot of football to be played through this weekend. Think everything bar european finals is now finished so maybe we start seeing some movement. 

As we all know it's a tough division and a long old season which we have progressed in last few seasons but if we're serious about being a top 2 / 6 player this year we need to improve our signings in pivotal area's which we all know have left us wondering what if.... 

1 solid keeper who commands the box

2 soild LB & RBS

3 ball winning / creative CM

4 20+ goal scorer 

And that's the bottom line before filling any gaps with more departures. We can only hope these players have been identified and talks are in motion. Time will tell obviously but surely the management and board will have a clear time scale before the trip to Tampa. Massive few weeks ahead to shape our season.

I’m going “bold”. For several reasons:

- I genuinely believe we have a manager (or head coach) who is growing and improving. I’d back LJ to get a lower mid table side to mid table, mid table to top 8 and so on. Common consensus is at worst, with no additions, we have a lower mid table squad so mid table is minimum

- The division is genuinely weaker than it has been for some time. None of the three coming down look in great shape, those down from the prior year (Stoke/Swansea) are in flux and this years PO contenders, with the possible exception of WBA, feel in trouble. I don’t think anyone really expects Luton, Barnsley or Charlton to make a serious run so unless someone unexpectedly comes out of mid table, we may not have a better opportunity

- I know it’s pre deals but I do think we’ll spend - and big. LJ is independent wealthy so has no need to commit for 4 years unless he’s sure he can get job satisfaction - I.e, achieve. To do that he needs backing, and I’d be shocked if it’s not there. I’m adamant Jay is back. I’m hopeful Tomas is back and then it’s plus two/three. People are keen (including our own fans) to talk us down, but as a top 8 promotion challenging championship side we are TK/JDS level currently- and with the relationship, I reckon they’ll come.

So, yeah, top two or playoffs. Because I’m pretty sure what’s coming in the next six weeks

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Maenpaa

Pack Brownhill

Diedhiou

I’m not sure Webster will still be with us ...

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

How can anyone make a prediction without all the latest information?

May as well have copied and pasted your comment from last year....

'Jeez..........:facepalm:

Your asking us to predict where City will finish next season when none of us know what players will be in the squad ot how other clubs will strengthen? 

Its so ridiculous it's funny.................:rofl2br:'

Just looking at the table no one really stands out to me,  West Brom probably look the best equipped despite needing to replace Gayle but they'll get a good chunk from selling Rondon, just a question of who they bring in as manager puts a question mark over them, same goes for Middlesbrough. Warnock will have Cardiff there or there abouts for the play offs. Huddersfield I think will do a Swansea from this season. Derby lose their loan players, will be interesting to see what Lampard does, however a good start next season and he'll probably be head hunted by a premier league team as well which could throw them into trouble. Leeds will depend on Bielsa. I'd say we're one of the most settled teams at this stage which gives us a good platform.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

How can anyone make a prediction without all the latest information?

Agree, a lot of it is pure guess work mixed with a huge dollop of wishful thinking. bookies early or pre season odds are based mostly on going for the ex prem sides or big names, despite going close expect the bookies to right off our chances again. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m not sure Webster will still be with us ...

I think it's very unlikely he will leave.

He has had a great season for us, but was one of the first times he played a full season at this level (he spent near half the season injured at Ipswich). 

It's also unusual for a player to leave a club after just one season*

*The exceptions being when there has been a big falling out between the player and manager/coaches/fans.

I genuinely don't see Webster going unless we received a bid of £20m+, and I don't think anyone would bid that much.

I'd even go so far as to say that I'd wager half a shandy on him staying.

6 hours ago, joenaldo said:

Well some bookies have Swansea above us which is a joke with them losing many players + Potter!!

How is it “a joke”, to predict that a recent premier league club, receiving parachute payments, will finish above us..?!

6 hours ago, joenaldo said:

Well some bookies have Swansea above us which is a joke with them losing many players + Potter!!

It’s the same every season - the bookies offer odds on all 92 clubs and to most fans they seem completely ludicrous. Just how the odds are calculated is mystery to most of us.

Does anybody on here know how the bookies work out the odds?   :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s the same every season - the bookies offer odds on all 92 clubs and to most fans they seem completely ludicrous. Just how the odds are calculated is mystery to most of us.

Does anybody on here know how the bookies work out the odds?   :dunno:

They have an expert who calculates them.

209226508_abbottodds.jpg.e962c3989bc002f2d48655d8ab99a479.jpg

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Maenpaa

Pack Brownhill

Diedhiou

yep, currently our team as it stands has lost Kalas, JDS, Kelly, Pisano, Palmer, and COD looks set to go. So we are 8 players short. We have no Left back so Cameron Pring is our only cover atm, RB we have Hunt / Wright / Brownhill / Vyner - to be honest, we need a quality RB.  CB's we have Wright, Webster, Baker, Moore and Vyner - that is a worrying lack of experience to get through a full season. Our midfield and attack was shown to be very shallow this season with few options when things were not working out, and without COD and Palmer we are looking like we will really short. Walsh, Eisa, Morrell, Adelukan and Semenyo will all have to step up and we have not really seen enough of any of them to know how they would fare under a full first team season.

So midtable would be probably the best we could hope for with that set up. Though, 4-5 academy players all in the setup would be nice to see, though in reality we are going to be bringing in 7 players (as mentioned at the end of the season) - so then the opposite is the worry, how will our youngsters get a chance ?

Archived