IGNORED

Adomah

RAD_Red

Can’t see Adomah being part of Villa’s plans in the Prem.

Would a move for him be a good move for City now or am I just being nostalgic? Think he’s an excellent player but goes against our policy of focusing on youth. 

I can't see how he would fit in with Lee Johnson's plans if we were to set up in a similar manner to this season. We've built a side based on discipline where each player puts in a shift and nail their positional/defensive duties. Thinking back to when Adomah was at City, and based on what I've seen of him at Villa, he sadly isn't adept at tracking back or playing as a tight unit. He's far more useful as an advanced winger who has some freedom and can run at defenders. It's taken Eliasson a couple of seasons to adapt his game and he's yet to perfect it. With Albert being 31, I'm not sure it would be worth investing the time in him. 

56 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Nope - backward step.

Football fans are all romantics but the reality is that it rarely works out going back with an old flame.

Wouldn't see him as an backwards step, we sold him to a bigger club. Put it this way if he weren't a former player, would he improve us?

1 hour ago, RAD_Red said:

Can’t see Adomah being part of Villa’s plans in the Prem.

Would a move for him be a good move for City now or am I just being nostalgic? Think he’s an excellent player but goes against our policy of focusing on youth. 

Nostalgia is interesting but would we benefit from him coming here?

I believe not.

We all love Uncle Albert but if Villa offloads him as not good enough for them in the Prem what sort of contract could we offer him to tempt him back?

Would a single year be enough? … if not why would he benefit us if our ambition is seriously to get promoted? We'd be in the same boat as Villa are right now but with AA being a year older.., if he's not suitable for them this year why would he be good enough for us next year when we go up? … ;) .

If we offer him a longer contract to secure his signature would that be prudent at this moment in time?

He is 31. High wages. Doesn't really go with who we usually bring in. We want the next Adomah rather than an old Adomah. Is Adelakun that man? No one really knows how good he is and still very young.

8 hours ago, hodge said:

Wouldn't see him as an backwards step, we sold him to a bigger club. Put it this way if he weren't a former player, would he improve us?

Yes, not a backwards step in that sense but taking him on will potentially block Eliasson whom I am expecting to be a key player next season.

He has incredible delivery and if we can get a more mobile striker who will ‘attack’ the ball we could get quite a bit of joy from that.

56 minutes ago, Negan said:

Hell to reasoning, bring Alb back! He could still play a part for a year or 2. Doesn’t have to be playing 46 games for 90 minutes. Would be a more than decent option as back up and rotation. 

£ ! 

What's not to love about Albert the person.

However, as player he fails a number of tests.

Too old at 31.

No re-sale value.

Wages will probably be high.

He doesn't defend from the front as other posters have mentioned.

Definitely Nodomah.

When asked about Albert at the fans forum last season LJ said that Albert would be keen to come back the city. He also said that the £40 grand a week wages would make it a non starter. We could probably sign Kalas (different type of player and different position I know) for those type of wages who would be the more important to us next season. 

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

He doesn't defend from the front as other posters have mentioned.

7 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Adomah was actually part of the issue we had leaking goals.  His attacking game was great, but his tracking back and was non-existent. 

Karanka completely changed him as a player.

I've watched him a lot in the past couple of seasons, and he's always back helping his full back out now. He's not as direct now as he once was, he'll go for an early cross rather than trying to beat his man. 

I wouldn't be against bringing him back if he doesn't cost us silly money. Think the fact Smith started him in the play-off final shows he trusts him & there may be a squad place for him there next season. 

I wanted us to sign Adelakun for a couple of years before last summer, and I'd like to see him get more of a chance, he's got very similar attributes to Albert. 

Archived