IGNORED

First significant signing ?

barneyrubble

What's the betting that the first championship team to announce a "decent" signing will cause a flood of OTIB posts bemoaning our lack of signings, suggesting that SL does not want promotion, is not prepared to put his hand in his pocket, what is MA doing  and that we will only sign a load of "ones for the future" ?

4 hours ago, Barney red said:

My hunch is first sort of signing will be Jay da Silva with fee not disclosed. 

Da Silva has said he won't make a decision until after the U21 Euros.

This tournament ends on 30/6, after which the lad will no doubt go on holiday for a week or two.

So depending on how well England perform, he might not give us an answer until well into July.

On that basis I'd like to think he won't be the first signing and one or two announcements will have been made in the meantime.  

Furthermore, should we be waiting that long to fill a position for which we currently have no cover at all? (I'm discounting Cameron Pring).    

• Admin
1 hour ago, downendcity said:

What's the betting that the first championship team to announce a "decent" signing will cause a flood of OTIB posts bemoaning our lack of signings, suggesting that SL does not want promotion, is not prepared to put his hand in his pocket, what is MA doing  and that we will only sign a load of "ones for the future" ?

What if its us? Has to happen one day. 

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

6/1

12 hours ago, downendcity said:

Nah - think you’re being a bit paranoid/negative there - can’t remember a ‘flood of OTIB posts...’ when The Blades signed David McGoldrick on a FREE transfer from Ipswich last summer - and he was much more than a ‘decent’ signing ...and he’s a premier league striker now ...

On 28/05/2019 at 07:56, Barney red said:

When can we really expect our first significant signing and who do you reckon it  will be.

Could someone explain the new transfer dates as I'm lost.

bought Seargent today 

On 28/05/2019 at 07:56, Barney red said:

When can we really expect our first significant signing and who do you reckon it  will be.

I thought this thread could do with a bump.

Don’t really see why this is being bumped in an attempt to trash the original posters when the general consensus on this topic was very much that signings were coming in time, that the view on this forum that painted the club negatively was widely panned and mocked (rightly so if I may add) and this topic was just intended for people to predict which the first signing would be.

Archived