IGNORED

Ross McCormack

Unan

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

So how much did they pay him off with - £70k * 52???  Or a big percentage of that with clauses if he finds another club within that 12 months.

They’ve quoted a variation agreement, which is a new one on me so, I suspect, it’s  as you’ve inferred and the deal is subject to what he does during the next year.

7 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

They’ve quoted a variation agreement, which is a new one on me so, I suspect, it’s  as you’ve inferred and the deal is subject to what he does during the next year.

Does that mean, something along the lines of, they make up the difference from what he’s offered next , to what he’s on now?

So he will have earned £3.64m if he saw out his contract and sat on his arse. 

Would imagine they have offered him a settlement to leave now and hopefully find another club without that other club having to match the £70k per week. 

It will either be something like:

- here’s £2.5m and if you find a club then great, or

- go find yourself a club and we will pay you a lump sum of the difference of your first year earnings (inc signing on fees) and £3.64m or possibly less if he secures a longer deal

otherwise there is no incentive for him to leave. 

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So he will have earned £3.64m if he saw out his contract and sat on his arse. 

Would imagine they have offered him a settlement to leave now and hopefully find another club without that other club having to match the £70k per week. 

It will either be something like:

- here’s £2.5m and if you find a club then great, or

- go find yourself a club and we will pay you a lump sum of the difference of your first year earnings (inc signing on fees) and £3.64m or possibly less if he secures a longer deal

otherwise there is no incentive for him to leave. 

Unless he just wants to play first team football. Maybe he is more motivated by legacy than by cash. 

11 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Unless he just wants to play first team football. Maybe he is more motivated by legacy than by cash. 

He could do that at Villa if he worked hard and actually earn his £70k. He couldn’t be arsed for £35k, doubt he can be arsed for double. ?

Archived