IGNORED

Albert Adomah Signs For Forest (Merged)

Knighty

Surely signing Albert would go against everything that we're working towards. 

And he'd miss out on his last chance of being in a Premier league squad.

And his wages must be high.

Great rumour apart from that though!

28 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Next 2 weeks

Another boring lie.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

The poster makes stuff up every summer. 

20 minutes ago, mozo said:

Like Oneil was against our strategy?

Sometimes you need that bit if experience and know how in the team. Albert would be welcomed back by the fans and to be honest he has been in a few promotion winning sides. A 2 year contract should suffice and hopefully some of his magic can run off on our team and get us promoted

25 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Like Oneil was against our strategy?

Sometimes you need that bit if experience and know how in the team. Albert would be welcomed back by the fans and to be honest he has been in a few promotion winning sides. A 2 year contract should suffice and hopefully some of his magic can run off on our team and get us promoted

Isn't O'Neil a cautionary tale about why older players carry extra risk?

Genuine question - why are we waiting two weeks if you're so certain? Things happen very quickly in football and I can't see why anything would be concrete now if it was to be announced in two weeks. Villa also got promoted two days ago, I'd be shocked if they would have communicated their plans to Adomah already; he started in the PO final which makes it even more strange. 

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

Genuine question - why are we waiting two weeks if you're so certain? Things happen very quickly in football and I can't see why anything would be concrete now if it was to be announced in two weeks. Villa also got promoted two days ago, I'd be shocked if they would have communicated their plans to Adomah already; he started in the PO final which makes it even more strange. 

Players get told way before it goes public. Remember Pisanos tweets. I can see this happening if Albert is willing to fit in with our wage structure. 2 year deal on sensible wages. The guy is quality on and off the pitch. Would be a great signing!!!!

4 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Players get told way before it goes public. Remember Pisanos tweets. I can see this happening if Albert is willing to fit in with our wage structure. 2 year deal on sensible wages. The guy is quality on and off the pitch. Would be a great signing!!!!

Yeah but the discussions would not have been ongoing before the play-off final. Villa wouldn't have allowed the player to be distracted given that he is a starter. Given that all club employees were probably celebrating the win late on Monday and into Tuesday, negotiations would've got very far. Albert wouldn't have been told where he sits at Villa next season so he will be waiting to sit down with them later this week/early next week. Like I said, I'm very sceptical and I hope I'm right as he's not really what I need in my opinion.  

Don’t think Knighty is bad. In January he said we were looking at a player up north who wanted to move back south. We signed Kasey Palmer. Think he had a few others close to the mark too. 

As for Albert, I am reluctant to think we would sign him. However there are plenty of reasons why it could happen. He is out of contract so no fee and he therefore would be earning nothing. He loves it here and knows the fanbase loves him. Seems sensible enough not to expect 30k a week here. As a club we are not against signing experience for low fees or frees for a couple seasons.

It is probably as likely a free signing we could make and would easily soften the blow of losing COD. Meaning his fee in its whole can be used elsewhere. 

I thought Kightly had a strong record. Isn’t he the chap close to an analyst? I wouldnt write this off, although I wouldn’t want us after Albert. He doesn’t suit our current system... not against LJ to have different systems in mind, a change in primary for the next season or clubs in bag mind. 

Been told by my mate that once Eire game are finished there be movement on Callum.... in the mean time we been looking at Albert as he is free and surplus to requirements, also want to look at moussat on loan from Bournemouth, been told Johnson really likes him and always asking about him. Believe what u like I got Pisano, Eisa and Palmer spit on... as I said before on my post I got told some that come off some that don’t... the scouting team looking at many players.. but this year we going for more established again and not many Eisa risks 

Archived