IGNORED

Albert Adomah Signs For Forest (Merged)

Knighty

49 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Been told by my mate that once Eire game are finished there be movement on Callum.... in the mean time we been looking at Albert as he is free and surplus to requirements, also want to look at moussat on loan from Bournemouth, been told Johnson really likes him and always asking about him. Believe what u like I got Pisano, Eisa and Palmer spit on... as I said before on my post I got told some that come off some that don’t... the scouting team looking at many players.. but this year we going for more established again and not many Eisa risks 

How about Kamano and the guy from Leipzig you said about in January?

53 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Been told by my mate that once Eire game are finished there be movement on Callum.... in the mean time we been looking at Albert as he is free and surplus to requirements, also want to look at moussat on loan from Bournemouth, been told Johnson really likes him and always asking about him. Believe what u like I got Pisano, Eisa and Palmer spit on... as I said before on my post I got told some that come off some that don’t... the scouting team looking at many players.. but this year we going for more established again and not many Eisa risks 

There's no excuse for vile behaviour like that. 6 match ban to you, sir!

Well the rumour goes that we will sign albert on a free transfer as he is out of contract.

Problem is, Albert signed a 4 year contract with Villa in 2016, so this is nonsense.

I'd love us to sign him tho. Quality player at this level.

21 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Well the rumour goes that we will sign albert on a free transfer as he is out of contract.

Problem is, Albert signed a 4 year contract with Villa in 2016, so this is nonsense.

I'd love us to sign him tho. Quality player at this level.

A lot of Villa fans on Twitter referencing his contract expiring

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

I remember there were games where we were a one man attack with Albert. The defence would win the ball and just look for him. He used be exhausted by 70 minutes!

It was quite strange to watch. Teams picked up on it and would double or triple mark him and he’d still get away.

Imagine if we’d of had Albert one side, Bolasie the other and Chris Wood and Pitman up front!

99683010_Screenshot2019-05-30at09_57_02.thumb.png.d9206dc38cba65c1085ed29b106c8f93.png

Stats have really not been great for someone playing in a playoff winning team. I wouldn't see the logic to this transfer as it would impede Eliasson's progression who has the ability to be a lot better than Albert and would cost us much higher wages for a player who looks to be winding down. 

And if you can't already tell I absolutely loved Alberts time here, brings back great memories of being at school on a Friday buzzing to get back in the east end to see him tear it up on a Saturday!

But rationally speaking, I can't see why we would be pursuing this transfer and not looking for the next Albert. 

Adomah's contract is up next summer so that's wrong. Only right one out of all of them this guy has got right is Eisa. Pisano was by some work experience person who took photo.

1 hour ago, Edge1981 said:

How about Kamano and the guy from Leipzig you said about in January?

If we went up. I did they had a premiership targets and championship targets depending where we finished.. believe it or not the season doesn’t finish and they start there work... they are constantly looking

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Adomah's contract is up next summer so that's wrong. Only right one out of all of them this guy has got right is Eisa. Pisano was by some work experience person who took photo.

Numerous sources saying his contract is up. I get it was announced as a 4 year deal but we do four year deals in a 3+ 1 team option. 

Anyway, I would not pay a fee for him and I would not offer him more than 15k in wages. I think it would be unlikely but there is sense to it

3 hours ago, Knighty said:

Lies though innit. When we signing Stockdale and Martin?

Whether Albert has a 3 or 4 year contract is irrelevant as , these days, contracts don’t mean much. If Villa want to get rid of him, due to promotion, and he wants to go a deal could easily be done. I can see Albert leaving Villa, as his career is coming to an end, and he might not now be Premier League standard, but I can’t see him coming to City. LJ has said he wants to sign players who could play in the Premier League if promotion happens in a years time, and that’s not really Albert 

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Lies though innit. When we signing Stockdale and Martin?

Might want to read what I said at the time... we were looking at them as option... loads of targets and proplevmeeting criteria.... like they did at the time... we obviously went different option.

if people dnt believe fine, I never claimed I knew it all just I have a mate who knows more than we do... nd some names he told me were after some he doesn’t 

he told me we hit palace in pre season 2 weeks before it was announced. But guess I would been lying then as well 

10 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Might want to read what I said at the time... we were looking at them as option... loads of targets and proplevmeeting criteria.... like they did at the time... we obviously went different option.

if people dnt believe fine, I never claimed I knew it all just I have a mate who knows more than we do... nd some names he told me were after some he doesn’t 

he told me we hit palace in pre season 2 weeks before it was announced. But guess I would been lying then as well 

Any more potentials that you're hearing about?

4 hours ago, Knighty said:

Fair play, just can’t see Albert here myself. Think we tried for moussett before before Bournemouth signed him 

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Fair play, just can’t see Albert here myself. Think we tried for moussett before before Bournemouth signed him 

Was talked about I hear when Kelly deal went through and think Bournemouth are looking to see what happens in there striker department with Wilson etc possibly going and there incomings... one that Johnson really likes

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Whether Albert has a 3 or 4 year contract is irrelevant as , these days, contracts don’t mean much. If Villa want to get rid of him, due to promotion, and he wants to go a deal could easily be done. I can see Albert leaving Villa, as his career is coming to an end, and he might not now be Premier League standard, but I can’t see him coming to City. LJ has said he wants to sign players who could play in the Premier League if promotion happens in a years time, and that’s not really Albert 

It does mean something to us. It means a fee for a 31 year old.

Out of contract makes it worthwhile.

36 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Was talked about I hear when Kelly deal went through and think Bournemouth are looking to see what happens in there striker department with Wilson etc possibly going and there incomings... one that Johnson really likes

Look, I think your mate misheard..

LJ is thinking of getting a PRINCE Albert.

53 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Different levels i know, but mousset record for bournemouth makes matty taylor look like gary lineker. Im not entirely convinced that if we are looking for a goal scorer, that he has the instinct of say a billy sharp, to get us thoae goals?

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him. He scored goals for Le Havre at a young age, and has also scored goals for France U21s. Only 23 now and has experience of Premier League football.

I'd be glad if we persuaded him to come here. 

I loved Albert when he played for us however, I’m underwhelmed at the prospect of him returning.

We’ve gone past the days of bringing in players heading towards the twilight of their careers so I’d view it somewhat negatively. 

I understand the potential benefits of recruiting experience but I’d see that influence being more positive in the centre of the pitch rather than on the wing (where he’d undoubtedly hamper the development of Marley Watkins :noexp:).

6 hours ago, Riaz said:

It does mean something to us. It means a fee for a 31 year old.

Out of contract makes it worthwhile.

If Villa don’t feel he’s going to play any / many games in the Premier League next season they won’t want him on the payroll. If nobody is prepared to pay a big ish fee he could go to another club for one of those “undisclosed fee” transfers which might mean he goes for next to nothing. His salary might be a problem for a lot of clubs, so it might come down to some creative negotiations - eg you get a free Clarks pie for every appearance 

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If Villa don’t feel he’s going to play any / many games in the Premier League next season they won’t want him on the payroll. If nobody is prepared to pay a big ish fee he could go to another club for one of those “undisclosed fee” transfers which might mean he goes for next to nothing. His salary might be a problem for a lot of clubs, so it might come down to some creative negotiations - eg you get a free Clarks pie for every appearance 

Ha ha...the 'pulling a Clarke's pie out of a hat trick's already been done!

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I loved Albert when he played for us however, I’m underwhelmed at the prospect of him returning.

We’ve gone past the days of bringing in players heading towards the twilight of their careers so I’d view it somewhat negatively. 

I understand the potential benefits of recruiting experience but I’d see that influence being more positive in the centre of the pitch rather than on the wing (where he’d undoubtedly hamper the development of Marley Watkins :noexp:).

Agree entirely...31 past his best never go back

7 hours ago, Knighty said:

It was mentioned when he signed for Bournemouth that we were in for him as well 

I must be the only one who fancies him coming back. O’Dowda is off almost certainly, Watkins won’t play much of a part, seems like an intelligent deal, getting an experienced Championship professional who enjoyed his time here on a free. Imagine the impact he’d have on Eliasson. Under 15k a week and a sensible signing on fee and it’s a steal.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

I must be the only one who fancies him coming back. O’Dowda is off almost certainly, Watkins won’t play much of a part, seems like an intelligent deal, getting an experienced Championship professional who enjoyed his time here on a free. Imagine the impact he’d have on Eliasson. Under 15k a week and a sensible signing on fee and it’s a steal.

Why not just play Elliason? He looks ready to me. Adelukan backup plus Patto can play wide if needed.

Archived