IGNORED

Albert Adomah Signs For Forest (Merged)

Knighty

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why not just play Elliason? He looks ready to me. Adelukan backup plus Patto can play wide if needed.

Id have Adomah as a backup. Adelakun needs football, I’d try and find a loan for him. We’re aiming for the playoffs, we need quality depth. Is Adelakun it yet?

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Id have Adomah as a backup. Adelakun needs football, I’d try and find a loan for him. We’re aiming for the playoffs, we need quality depth. Is Adelakun it yet?

Not a clue ZE, like you I've barely seen him. As for AA as a backup, probably very expensive and goes against our normal signing profile. I just can't see it happening, not that I wouldn't welcome him back.

Watkins may as well leave n all. 

52 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why not just play Elliason? He looks ready to me. Adelukan backup plus Patto can play wide if needed.

I'd go Eliasson LM, Albert RM in a 442 with Weimann up top. Bring in a RB whose more solid defensively to balance Albert's attacking instincts.

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'd go Eliasson LM, Albert RM in a 442 with Weimann up top. Bring in a RB whose more solid defensively to balance Albert's attacking instincts.

Agreed - two decent players out wide, enabling us to play Wiemann in the position where he was most successful last season

Ok, so now that we know that Albert has been released today, this is a goer. I will explain why.

If we were to offer him lower wages of say £15k pw to come back (he was on more at Villa for certain), I reckon he would come back, he loves the club . He is better than Watkins who must be on £7-8k pw. The fans love him so therefore he sells some shirts, people are happy that he is back, apparently he is great around the dressing room, plus he is much better than Watkins. The feel good factor attached cannot be underestimated. At least to some fans.

Its therefore £7-8k a week to upgrade a squad position, zero transfer fee, and he will give it his all! 

With a fee I’d have said no thanks but on a free and if we can offload Watkins then why not. Sounds perfect to be fair. He will give us more than Watkins ever will.

10 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

Ok, so now that we know that Albert has been released today, this is a goer. I will explain why.

If we were to offer him lower wages of say £15k pw to come back (he was on more at Villa for certain), I reckon he would come back, he loves the club . He is better than Watkins who must be on £7-8k pw. The fans love him so therefore he sells some shirts, people are happy that he is back, apparently he is great around the dressing room, plus he is much better than Watkins. The feel good factor attached cannot be underestimated. At least to some fans.

Its therefore £7-8k a week to upgrade a squad position, zero transfer fee, and he will give it his all! 

With a fee I’d have said no thanks but on a free and if we can offload Watkins then why not. Sounds perfect to be fair. He will give us more than Watkins ever will.

I get the impression you don’t like Watkins 

41 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

Watkins doesn't play, are we really gonna pay someone 15k to sit on the bench? We already have Baker for that. 

15k is a lot for us for a player who has not had a particularly great season and is in the latter years of his career. 

51 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

What about the 1 mill outlay for watkins are u thinking someone out there is stupid enough to pay us 1 mill for watkins .... 

What I am saying is he will play, far more than Watkins has at least. For a few thousand more and with the added benefits amongst squad and fans, it wouldn’t stretch the imagination. I’ll repeat again, I don’t see the benefit in truth but read my original post and I think the club may.

Can still do a job. I suppose it depends what else is out their in current market.

2 year deal. Low ish wages. 

I suppose it will depend on market....if we cant get other wide choices he may be an option

6 hours ago, AJgEEZa said:

What I am saying is he will play, far more than Watkins has at least. For a few thousand more and with the added benefits amongst squad and fans, it wouldn’t stretch the imagination. I’ll repeat again, I don’t see the benefit in truth but read my original post and I think the club may.

While I get the whole good personality piece I don't think we should be spending high wages on someone who is a good personality.

Its always going to be a choice to use up wages on him rather than anyone else and If the choice is him or any other midfielder we have been strongly linked with then it's always the midfielder. 

I love Albert but I wouldn’t have him back.

He isn’t the smartest of footballers  and if you take his speed away from him then that is one very restricted player.

How would we use him ?

Impact sub ?  

He hasn’t got the guile to slow down a match. 

Please don’t spoil his time here by bringing him back .

Top bloke is Albert let him see out his career somewhere else ,

I talk about Adomah a lot to my friend who’s a villa season ticket holder, says Adomah is always a solid player who puts in a good shift but has less quality than many of the others in the team and can never last a whole game as fitness isn’t great now. 

Loved him whilst he was with us, but I don’t want him coming back as he’s too old and getting towards end of career. 

11 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

He has been terrible this season, exactly the sort of signing we don’t need. Expensive and best years behind him 

So terrible, he played in the side that just got promoted and he started the play-off final!

Previous season he finished as top scorer and the previous season to that he had the most assists!

The facts dont seem to back up your claim that he's terrible!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s Albert v Callum v Niclas - Passing and Creativity (Not added their defensive stuff):70C0912F-CECD-4B5F-A677-EAFEE36500C2.thumb.png.c60d76c61c8ed8cb7f0b43d51c7e4cee.png60D975D7-23F3-483B-88A6-FFF653FB3AD6.thumb.png.89cf6f6bbb15e6f1be30d2faa3c1a551.png

i think it’s fair to say, that any thoughts that he’s had a terrible season can be dispelled!

O'Dowda's going. I'd be happy with Elliasson and Adomah in our team!

8 minutes ago, Riaz said:

O'Dowda's going. I'd be happy with Elliasson and Adomah in our team!

The key takeaways from the stats in isolation (not counting the fact that Villa were a four bit more expansive than us) is that they are all a bit different to each other.  Recruiting Albert really depends on how LJ wants to play.

I think it's stupid to discredit him as an option because he's old.

Older players are absolutely necessary in a balanced squad. While we like to develop talent, if all we do is bring in youngsters we either end up selling the promising ones, and/or keep older players on with no experience in winning promotion. Bringing in an experienced head at this level, especially one that has won promotion twice would be a fantastic deal.

As far as wages go, if we genuinely think that promotion is a possibility, I would give him a small deal, with a player-exercised option of an extension if we make it to the Premier League. Despite winning promotion with 'Boro and Villa, he's never played in the Premier League, and I think that the possibility of playing even one game at that level would get him down the M5 in record time.

Give him a two year deal, with the option for an extension if we make it to the Premier League. It'd mean having a 33-34 year old as a backup if we were to make it, but I think he'd happily warm a bench on small wages if it meant he got to kick a ball at Ashton Gate against the like of Man City and Liverpool.

2 hours ago, EnderMB said:

I think it's stupid to discredit him as an option because he's old.

Older players are absolutely necessary in a balanced squad. While we like to develop talent, if all we do is bring in youngsters we either end up selling the promising ones, and/or keep older players on with no experience in winning promotion. Bringing in an experienced head at this level, especially one that has won promotion twice would be a fantastic deal.

As far as wages go, if we genuinely think that promotion is a possibility, I would give him a small deal, with a player-exercised option of an extension if we make it to the Premier League. Despite winning promotion with 'Boro and Villa, he's never played in the Premier League, and I think that the possibility of playing even one game at that level would get him down the M5 in record time.

Give him a two year deal, with the option for an extension if we make it to the Premier League. It'd mean having a 33-34 year old as a backup if we were to make it, but I think he'd happily warm a bench on small wages if it meant he got to kick a ball at Ashton Gate against the like of Man City and Liverpool.

It’s true that you need a balance of young energetic players and wise old footballers who aren’t phased by anything.

Wingers or wing backs are not usually so effective in their latter years unlike central defenders or keepers . 

Archived