IGNORED

Albert Adomah Signs For Forest (Merged)

Knighty

On 31/05/2019 at 08:35, Riaz said:

So terrible, he played in the side that just got promoted and he started the play-off final!

Previous season he finished as top scorer and the previous season to that he had the most assists!

The facts dont seem to back up your claim that he's terrible!

Take it you didn’t watch any of villas games this season then? Albert has lost a yard of pace and wouldn’t improve us.

You can only go on the last season and he’s is only going to get worse at his age. 

Cant believe fans are so blinkered on this one

7 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Take it you didn’t watch any of villas games this season then? Albert has lost a yard of pace and wouldn’t improve us.

You can only go on the last season and he’s is only going to get worse at his age. 

When Albert played for us he was tearing upo and down the pitch for 75 minutes then he was knackered.

I don't think its a case of him losing pace, more like him now knowing how to pace his game properly.

I'd rather he didn't come back, high wages for a player we'd get nothing back for. 

The club is doing well finding young players, turning them into quality players and moving them on for a profit, I don't think we should change that for someone who will offer very little in a few seasons. 

22 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can people please explain why they’d want him back ? 

Way too much nostalgia with players from our fans. He’s 31 and not the player he was. We went down the ( nice place to come and retire route ) before , it doesn’t work . Move on ffs . 

Sentiment aside , For me  he is a winger who actually plays in players with his passes then constant crosses into the box . I remember him and Pitman had a good understanding , getting it to him early . The season before last he scored 14 goals and not as good form this season but  still started in the play off final. 

The main sticking points are how much would he play and i expect high wages for a 31 year old?  

I`m torn on this one. I loved Albert when he was here - he was often the only bright spot in a lot of dismal matches - and it`s clear he still loves City. I suspect he`d be a real positive force in the dressing room too with his always smiling attitude to football and life in general. Youngsters like Eliasson and Adelekun could learn so much from him - don`t forget he was still working as a painter & decorator while playing for Barnet when we signed him so, like Flint, he knows how to succeed the hard way.

But having him back goes against everything we`re trying to do as a club so I think I`d have to pass, albeit reluctantly. Having said that though, I trust LJ & MA to get it right and if they think the pros outweigh the cons I`ll be happy with that.

As I said earlier I saw some of the best of Albert and don’t want to see the worst of him. The plus side though is that we might just have a more energetic side that could make better use of him now. Too often before Skuse would pass the ball forward to Albert and then everyone would stop on the half way line and sit back in admiration hoping he could beat the opposition and score on his own. Amazingly, he did more times than he had a right to. I lost count of the number of times that Albert was left stranded 40 yards in front of his colleagues. 

On 31/05/2019 at 18:07, Davefevs said:

A subscription to Wyscout (more data than you can shake a stick at), import into excel, then feed into a something called Tableau (like excel charts on steroids).

I’ve had to build all these templates in Tableau, so that I can then just filter on any player in the Championship, and present a nice visualisation.  Will eventually do for other leagues too.

Just started a new template for forwards.  Currently comparing Weimann, Diedhiou and Taylor!

For info Wyscout has lots of video clips too, that you can stitch together.  The guy on Twitter “kory” uses Wyscout to pull together those lovely montages of Sfefan Marinovic touches!!

Dave you really are in the wrong job. Should have joined me in the ‘data team’ a while back

On 31/05/2019 at 17:34, Red white and red said:

Albert is a solid 7/10 player but does not do anything that would suggest he is an improvement on the current squad. I’d rather look elsewhere. 

Give me a team of solid 7/10 players anyday.  Too many of our current crop our hit and miss hence the winning and losing streaks..

On 01/06/2019 at 10:53, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

You really don't know that do you?  He's been judged not needed for the Premierleague.   He will go to a good Championship side and will benefit them.  Albert has a good brain so has adapted his game.  He's less about pace and directness and understands the game more. He tore us a new one at VIlla Park last season playing off the left wing.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve been pretty non-committal on Albert in this thread, but he certainly isn’t past it.  I think we need know how we are going to play first to know if he would be a good signing or not, plus who is still left here.

If O'Dowda is off then I don't see too many better options available on a free transfer than Albert.

But I think he may go to Leeds, he would fit in with their way of playing perfectly imo.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve been pretty non-committal on Albert in this thread, but he certainly isn’t past it.  I think we need know how we are going to play first to know if he would be a good signing or not, plus who is still left here.

Exactly. If Johnson think he will be an asset this coming season then we have to trust him. If it doesn’t come off he will cop some flak but I am quite excited about the prospect and think it would prove good business.

Love Albert as a nice bloke, but don't think he is the type of player we need. 

Would hope Eliason kicks on and becomes a more complete player.

If we keep Pato and Palmer and with Eliason...where is there a need for Albert? 

Money could be spent wisely in other areas imo.

26 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not worth starting a thread but I see Villa have released Jedinak too. I'm sure at 35 he isn't quite the player he was but he's someone I'd be quite happy to see in our squad to add some experience and to come off the bench when we need to see games out. 

But would he be a too expensive bench warmer?

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

Love Albert as a nice bloke, but don't think he is the type of player we need. 

Would hope Eliason kicks on and becomes a more complete player.

If we keep Pato and Palmer and with Eliason...where is there a need for Albert? 

Money could be spent wisely in other areas imo.

I understood that Palmer wasn’t on LJs shopping list. Not happy with him not playing to the team ‘identity’ - whatever that is....:dunno:

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I understood that Palmer wasn’t on LJs shopping list. Not happy with him not playing to the team ‘identity’ - whatever that is....:dunno:

Is that on the official site or hearsay?

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This looks like wild speculation :protest:

Archived