IGNORED

Albert Adomah Signs For Forest (Merged)

Knighty

5 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Is he not requesting any wages then?

Is any player ?

Do we count that for every player or just Albert ?

FREE transfer - wages to pay just like any other player.

No but paying £20k pw of precious budget on a declining player for sentimental reasons is utter madness. He was shocking last season!

we want to invest in players with growth (brownhill, O’Dowda, elliason etc) who will have a an increased sell on value or invest in proven quality that will improve the team. Albert is neither of those so can fans please change the record on this one!

2 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

No but paying £20k pw of precious budget on a declining player for sentimental reasons is utter madness. He was shocking last season!

we want to invest in players with growth (brownhill, O’Dowda, elliason etc) who will have a an increased sell on value or invest in proven quality that will improve the team. Albert is neither of those so can fans please change the record on this one!

Sentimental reasons ? :laughcont:

If we keep on developing and improving our players THEN sell them on to other sides we are actually improving their sides not ours. Are we aiming to be the wealthiest side who never played in the Prem? We should be building around our best players not selling them. Every year we rebuild. Surely we should strengthen not rebuild.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

No thanks, big wages, no chance to turn a profit in the future. 

I think we're doing the right thing by buying young and developing players, that way we get good players who we make money from when they leave. Buying Adomah would hit our wage budget and we'd not be able to sell him. 

Agree with the sentiment, but surely we should be using this money from the conveyor belt of talent to get the experience to get us promoted also?

We can still continue to buy cheap and sell high in terms of youngsters.

2 minutes ago, marmite said:

If we keep on developing and improving our players THEN sell them on to other sides we are actually improving their sides not ours. Are we aiming to be the wealthiest side who never played in the Prem? We should be building around our best players not selling them. Every year we rebuild. Surely we should strengthen not rebuild.

Well it’s very difficult to keep players if premier league or massive wages are on offer, the aspect we have improved on the most recently is selling players!

Remember when we refused to sell Maynard for £6m then he ran his contract down?

We have sold kodjia (head turned by wages then refused to play) Bryan (1 year on contract lest) Flint (gentleman’s agreement in previous year) Reid (1 year on contract) and now kelly (massive fee for a squad player). All sales we have achieved top dollar and all for very good reasons-meaning we are now in a good place with FFP to have a go.

you would have a team of disgruntled players and then let them all leave for free at end of their contract?

keep up the good work Mark Ashton

21 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

He wasn’t shocking last season.  He was a regular part of a team that got promoted.

I’m fine if you don’t want him (I'm probably of the same view, in that he’s not gonna get better), but you can’t say he was shocking.  That’s just not true.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He wasn’t shocking last season.  He was a regular part of a team that got promoted.

I’m fine if you don’t want him (I'm probably of the same view, in that he’s not gonna get better), but you can’t say he was shocking.  That’s just not true.

Four goals and 2 assists in 39 matches (in a promotion side) is shocking imo

51 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not at all, the wages are costly and he's hardly going to be sold for money unless we only have him for one season. Either way we're not going to get as much out of him as we can a younger, more promising youngster.

We can’t include wages apparently; got pelters for suggesting in Eisa after wages and signing on fee we almost certainly broke even at best - as unlikely as even that was. 

Never a good idea to take someone back in whatever profession - in my opinion. Although Adomah is an experienced Championship player, I would suggest with respect  that he is not the type of player City would be interested in if we are to progress

52 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

Never a good idea to take someone back in whatever profession - in my opinion. Although Adomah is an experienced Championship player, I would suggest with respect  that he is not the type of player City would be interested in if we are to progress

I would entirely agree.

We need to look forward not back.

2 hours ago, BCFC1959 said:

Murray and Carey being exceptions. 

14 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Not sentimental. He's a top winger in this division.

3 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

And what did he contribute? He’s not played well for a while and won’t get any better-move on

And yet he started for Villa, who have by far the strongest squad, in their biggest game.

He has been playing well

6 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Yeah, the Bristol Post.

That very reputable publication that NEVER does clickbaitey articles and absolutely never uses OTIB or Twitter as a source.

Just think of all the exclusives they have had over the last 4-5 seasons (actual exclusives- not rehashing an OTIB thread and calling it an exclusive because no other paper has found themselves desperate to post every OTIB suggestion)

Archived