IGNORED

Albert Adomah Signs For Forest (Merged)

Knighty

47 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

According to the post......

44 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, the Bristol Post.

That very reputable publication that NEVER does clickbaitey articles and absolutely never uses OTIB or Twitter as a source.

Just think of all the exclusives they have had over the last 4-5 seasons (actual exclusives- not rehashing an OTIB thread and calling it an exclusive because no other paper has found themselves desperate to post every OTIB suggestion)

To be fair, there is enough detail in the article to suggest that they have a source that has divulged this information. Whether it is true or not, they have decided to take it in good faith and run with it.

FWIW I suspect we definitely ARE interested in signing Albert. He's the kind of popular 'homecoming' signing that the Lansdowns have favoured over the years. However, as someone else has hinted I don't think he is top of LJ's shopping list.

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

To be fair, there is enough detail in the article to suggest that they have a source that has divulged this information. Whether it is true or not, they have decided to take it in good faith and run with it.

FWIW I suspect we definitely ARE interested in signing Albert. He's the kind of popular 'homecoming' signing that the Lansdowns have favoured over the years. However, as someone else has hinted I don't think he is top of LJ's shopping list.

Hypothetically, of course, situations like that could cause tension behind the scenes.

The one problem I have is that he will surely want a 2 year deal at least. I wouldn't mind so much with just a 1 year deal, but he might be past it by the second year.

23 hours ago, Knighty said:

Lot people want him... anyway page 1 says i talk shit so let the powers be on here decide 

Knighty, keep posting i enjoy reading who we are looking at. I beleive that you have a mate on the inside, dont worry about the keyboard warriors.

You have always said that some will come off and some will not, Johnson and Ashton have said more than once that we are always on the look out.

56 minutes ago, cidercity said:

Knighty, keep posting i enjoy reading who we are looking at. I beleive that you have a mate on the inside, dont worry about the keyboard warriors.

You have always said that some will come off and some will not, Johnson and Ashton have said more than once that we are always on the look out.

This.

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I just don't get this. It doesn't fit our criteria at all. 

Getting on a bit, so no sell on potential.

High wages.

No real development opportunity.

Personally, I can't see City bringing AA back but would question our ideals if we did.

Same as James Morrison 

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yep agreed @Knighty...you haven’t got them all right but you have some, seems like a few bitter people who would like to think they know what’s going on but clearly don’t are having a needless pop at you.

If I got everything right then my mate would prob be in real shit... sometimes he lets slip there looking into people but I’m sure his job isn’t looking at just one target, I know all year he travels around U.K. n Europe doing there tests and scouting I guess.... if I see him and say we’re after hogan for example he will just laugh n say he doesn’t talk about work...sometimes he will say other things(usually after a drink and me bombarding him) and again usually there hot or miss... if I hear anymore I will post... all I was told was he was a serious target, city will speak to him, weather he goes or not remains to be unknown.. obviously if McGregor has printed there must be an element of truth..

appreciate the support I will keep u upto date for the believers and the ones that read my post and realise not all are going to be right but they come from someone who knows far more than we do

39 minutes ago, Knighty said:

If I got everything right then my mate would prob be in real shit... sometimes he lets slip there looking into people but I’m sure his job isn’t looking at just one target, I know all year he travels around U.K. n Europe doing there tests and scouting I guess.... if I see him and say we’re after hogan for example he will just laugh n say he doesn’t talk about work...sometimes he will say other things(usually after a drink and me bombarding him) and again usually there hot or miss... if I hear anymore I will post... all I was told was he was a serious target, city will speak to him, weather he goes or not remains to be unknown.. obviously if McGregor has printed there must be an element of truth..

appreciate the support I will keep u upto date for the believers and the ones that read my post and realise not all are going to be right but they come from someone who knows far more than we do

What you have to remember is that there are some on here who take the internet very seriously. 

A lot of rumours do end up being complete nonsense. Would not surprise me if both Adomah and Morrison ones are that. I'm surprised some people have been getting excited about a 33 year old who can't get in front of Livermore or Brunt and has been let go by a rival.

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

What you have to remember is that there are some on here who take the internet very seriously. 

Very true.. it’s a debate page, all I do is pass on information.. it’s a well known fact city have a huge recruitment side of the club and my mate is a cog of that system... all year round they are working... some much so that my mates holidays aren’t when the players go on holiday or Xmas that’s when there even busier looking at things...

noce tp see the people from page 1 n 2 who slagged me off suddenly are believing it could happen???

i await my apology if it came off :laugh:

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

A lot of rumours do end up being complete nonsense. Would not surprise me if both Adomah and Morrison ones are that. I'm surprised some people have been getting excited about a 33 year old who can't get in front of Livermore or Brunt and has been let go by a rival.

If they were looking for experienced player I rather have Albert 

Perfect example me and my mates relationship... 

i asked him if we don’t get de Silva surely be better to get someone like baines who can train n nurture Cameron pring for a season?

my mate thought was a decent shout, went to work, and were told he on like £40k a week.

morale of story any decent shouts n leads are heard n seen by the club. It’s just that they don’t follow up all leads as there a tier in place.

for example there is priority 1 if you can’t get them or out of reach u start Looking at priority 2 or 3 etc...

its a far more complex way now of buying anyone... skills, stats and fitness, then u start looking at life balance, travel, family and social media..

unlike league 1 or 2 where they don’t have that sort of luxury to have a team to do it.... we do!

look at the gas. They bought players they THINK are good, probably no thought or system about who they are personality wise.. simple stats and names

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not seen anyone getting excited ?

Archived