IGNORED

Albert Adomah Signs For Forest (Merged)

Knighty

Don’t think he would be a bad signing. Decent squad player who’s likely to score a few goals which could be vital. Not like our midfield is full of goals at the moment. 

I think we will sign the odd older player as we have done previously as you do need a combination of youth and a couple of seasoned pros.

Wilbraham and Wade Elliott were older players when we signed them and think both were great signings!

1 minute ago, MATT BCFC said:

Don’t think he would be a bad signing. Decent squad player who’s likely to score a few goals which could be vital. Not like our midfield is full of goals at the moment. 

I think we will sign the odd older player as we have done previously as you do need a combination of youth and a couple of seasoned pros.

Wilbraham and Wade Elliott were older players when we signed them and think both were great signings!

Ekstrand and O’Neill were older players too .

I mean there is no room for him. COD has not gone(yet?). We still have Eliasson and Weimann. Those were our main 3 last season. Then we still have Watkins, Adelakun and Paterson. Now in a perfect world you can easily get rid of those salaries but not a perfect world. Then if we sign Nketiah and/or Moore it will mean another 1-2 options behind the central striker. So yea just not sure where he would fit in

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I mean there is no room for him. COD has not gone(yet?). We still have Eliasson and Weimann. Those were our main 3 last season. Then we still have Watkins, Adelakun and Paterson. Now in a perfect world you can easily get rid of those salaries but not a perfect world. Then if we sign Nketiah and/or Moore it will mean another 1-2 options behind the central striker. So yea just not sure where he would fit in

Plus the wage bill continues to grow and Albert has been on a big wedge. We can't keep adding to our costs and winger is not a priority position.

A striker is our priority and we no doubt are looking to move some players out to balance the books a bit as well.

21 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Absolutely gutted.

Why?

Past his best now.

Liked the guy but wouldn't have wanted him to come back.

2-3 years ago when we were lower down the division and would have been one of our best players then sure. But now? Nope, not for me at all.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I think AA would’ve been good for a year. But he wouldn’t have wanted a years contract. 

Probably best this way. 

I think I'm with you there...about to hit the downward part of his development curve soon.  You then end of up with a player not justifying what is likely to be a decent wage.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Probably, but @Knighty posted lots on this thread indicating it was probably going to happen - surely with his insider knowledge he’d have known early on whether wages would have scuppered the deal?!

Out of contract....might’ve thought he might come back for a sensible wage, hence get the analysis team on him....then other clubs start offering more than we feel he’s worth.

[guesswork from me]

As stated a million times it’s an avenue we were looking at.... plan a b c d e f. If we never got Kalas do u think that been it? Or de Silva? No there would of been other targets...

thats my mate role to seek targets n analyse them along with his team of people.

Think a lot of u think city got one striker there looking at etc.. No there are 4/5 targets that are being looked at...

what happens if brownhill n pack break a leg in ore season or eliasson???? Targets, back up plans are in place... welcome to modern football..

as for adomah it’s another of the many things he told me that doesn’t look like coming off? Why he or I aren’t prevvy to that... 

i know johnson spoke to him maybe callum is changing his mind? Maybe with the other teams in wages were too much. 

Who knows I’m sick or trying to explain to people my posts...

4 hours ago, Knighty said:

As stated a million times it’s an avenue we were looking at.... plan a b c d e f. If we never got Kalas do u think that been it? Or de Silva? No there would of been other targets...

thats my mate role to seek targets n analyse them along with his team of people.

Think a lot of u think city got one striker there looking at etc.. No there are 4/5 targets that are being looked at...

what happens if brownhill n pack break a leg in ore season or eliasson???? Targets, back up plans are in place... welcome to modern football..

as for adomah it’s another of the many things he told me that doesn’t look like coming off? Why he or I aren’t prevvy to that... 

i know johnson spoke to him maybe callum is changing his mind? Maybe with the other teams in wages were too much. 

A lot of people have little concept of what happens inside a pro club. 

5 hours ago, Knighty said:

To be fair, you did yourself no favours on this one by making it sound like a done deal in a brief early post. If you’d just said City were considering whether to bring Albert back, no harm would have been done.

See Adomah just signed a 2 year contract with Florist.   I wish him all the best, and hope he personally has a great season, but also hope Florist finish in the bottom half of the table. It would have been brilliant to see him return to Ashton Gate........but the timing was wrong, and he doesn't fit into our policy of signing younger players. Good Luck Albert!

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

A lot of people have little concept of what happens inside a pro club. 

Exactly. There are lists, and then lists of lists with all scenarios covered, promotion, relegation, who stays who goes.

I’ve said in the past I had through knowledge of a player several years ago now. He had one year left and no sooner than the season started he was already deciding on where he would be playing the following season. He had offers of loan deals for the January window too, all this was happening in August/September and was very distracting. There was a deal from the club on the table too, but only for a further year and he wanted two. He had a manager who he had previously played for phone him at home, all hours of the night and was quite a nuisance. All whilst he was playing for us.

If that went on several years ago for a player who was on his way down I can only imagine what up and coming players are getting distracted with, they must have 10 times the offers this player did.

This player played all the season with this in mind, that’s what staggered me.

Archived