IGNORED

Albert Adomah Signs For Forest (Merged)

Knighty

7 minutes ago, Riaz said:

He's never said this. You are speculating again. Tut tut.

Not at all. 

When asked why  Palmer wasn’t starting  LJ most definitely said that Palmer (paraphrased) ‘ He hasn’t yet adapted to the City style of play’.  

Remember that  I listen and pay attention to via whatever media outlets everything City related.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Not at all. 

When asked why  Palmer wasn’t starting  LJ most definitely said that Palmer (paraphrased) ‘ He hasn’t yet adapted to the City style of play’.  

Remember that  I listen and pay attention to via whatever media outlets everything City related.

That’s about a specific team selection,  when did he say what you attributed to him about Palmer not being on the ‘shopping list’? 

In the most recent LJ interview I heard he said he’d love to have a full pre season of coaching Palmer. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s about a specific team selection,  when did he say what you attributed to him about Palmer not being on the ‘shopping list’? 

In the most recent LJ interview I heard he said he’d love to have a full pre season of coaching Palmer. 

This is why I’m a bit surprised to have not heard the softest whispers of talks with KP. 

Is it because the player has indicated that he’s not interested in City ? 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This is why I’m a bit surprised to have not heard the softest whispers of talks with KP. 

Is it because the player has indicated that he’s not interested in City ? 

I’d be very surprised if City signed Palmer. There will be/are better midfielders on the shopping list than him.

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He was simply reinstating the fact that Palmer wasn’t playing in the City style.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not at all. 

I also listen and pay attention. You have heard LJ say that Palmer hasnt YET adapted to the style of play and then ADDED your opinion that he isnt on LJ's shopping list because of it.... thats wild speculation, that you claim to hate.

12 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I also listen and pay attention. You have heard LJ say that Palmer hasnt YET adapted to the style of play and then ADDED your opinion that he isnt on LJ's shopping list because of it.... thats wild speculation, that you claim to hate.

Jeez.........think about it........Why would LJ sign a midfielder like Palmer when there will be better midfielders already on the shopping list? As fans we’re not privy to various negotiations that are/have been taking place but it’s very likely that MA will have secured signings already but not yet revealed because of holidays ect ect.

It ain’t Rocket Science Riaz.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jeez.........think about it........Why would LJ sign a midfielder like Palmer when there will be better midfielders already on the shopping list? As fans we’re not privy to various negotiations that are/have been taking place but it’s very likely that MA will have secured signings already but not yet revealed because of holidays ect ect.

Who is saying i dont agree. Point is, its speculation on your part ?

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

But Lee did actually say that...I remember it well. Sorry if this goes against the inevitable bandwagon of ridiculous hostile comments made against RR ...it really does make those involved in such churlish behaviour no favours at all.

27 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

But Lee did actually say that...I remember it well. Sorry if this goes against the inevitable bandwagon of ridiculous hostile comments made against RR ...it really does make those involved in such churlish behaviour no favours at all.

He said he had'nt yet adapted when discussing team selection. He never mentioned anything about not being interested in signing him or "not being on his shopping list" - RR added that himself.

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Very possibly. But you still haven’t said where or when he said what you claim he did. 

Jeez............:facepalm:

Do you really expect anyone to remember where or when they heard something ages later? 

At a guess it was probably in a post match interview, or maybe it was on RB but it might have been in a Post interview..........:dunno:

3 minutes ago, Riaz said:

He said he had'nt yet adapted when discussing team selection. He never mentioned anything about not being interested in signing him or "not being on his shopping list" - RR added that himself.

By using common sense..............:cool2:

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I understood that Palmer wasn’t on LJs shopping list. Not happy with him not playing to the team ‘identity’ - whatever that is....:dunno:

If that's the case, then I'd agree with LJ.

Palmer was Tomlinesque in many ways.

Had ability, but not a 'team' man imo.

Didn't work hard enough defensively and often tried 'moves' in dangerous areas that left us vulnerable.

However... according to this quote from May... https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lee-johnson-plans-keep-three-2835569

12 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Didn't LJ recently say on RB that he was interested in signing all 3 of the Chelsea loans?

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Didn't LJ recently say on RB that he was interested in signing all 3 of the Chelsea loans?

See my above post mate...he did in May. And talks about needing a full pre season with Kasey as he thought he was unfit.

36 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He did, but Robbo's "common sense" told him that LJ wont be interested..

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How would you describe Citys ‘identity’ that LJ regularly mentions?

I certainly don’t know..............:dunno:

A hardworking team, that play for one another, disciplined, that play to Instruction, both defensively and offensively.

Those that don't do all, tend to be dropped or used as Subs.

Eliason and Palmer have both been guilty.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

A hardworking team, that play for one another, disciplined, that play to Instruction, both defensively and offensively.

Those that don't do all, tend to be dropped or used as Subs.

Eliason and Palmer have both been guilty.

Right........not as unique as I thought then. That ‘identity’ could apply to several teams. Man City immediately spring to mind. Maybe that’s where LJ got the idea to adopt the same method of play with Pep with whom he has a good relationship.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Right........not as unique as I thought then. That ‘identity’ could apply to several teams. Man City immediately spring to mind. Maybe that’s where LJ got the idea to adopt the same method of play with Pep with whom he has a good relationship.

Mine was a simplified version, but all those mentioned are what LJ wants from his players foremost imo from how he's talked.

Archived