IGNORED

Albert Adomah Signs For Forest (Merged)

Knighty

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Why ?

Why not just put him on ignore If you don't like what he writes ?

Or just ignore the posts ?

TBH I've not seen anything to merit reporting his posts.

Because ignoring his posts doesn't stop entire threads being derailed by his trolling. 

Even if you ignore his posts this thread for example is ruined. 

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The title of this thread is “Albert”. It’s been derailed into a discussion of the merits of Kasey Palmer through the actions of nobody’s favourite wind-up troll. 

Sorry to say but he’s suckered everyone - once again. Job done. Troll 1 OTIB 0.

Trolls troll. 

Lots, if not all threads wander off topic RH. The Albert thread is par for the course

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lots, if not all threads wander off topic RH. The Albert thread is par for the course

When you join them, they invariably do.

Sometimes, when threads go off topic it can be humorous but you do it intentionally for sport.  It's divisive and pisses off lots of people. You're not stupid; you're very aware of the resentment that your posts stimulate.

You spent your career working in mental health. Are you getting your own back here by inflicting your schadenfreude on your fellow forum members?

52 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

When you join them, they invariably do.

Sometimes, when threads go off topic it can be humorous but you do it intentionally for sport.  It's divisive and pisses off lots of people. You're not stupid; you're very aware of the resentment that your posts stimulate.

I do not ‘intentionally’  derail threads RH..........I.can’t  imagine why you think I do. As I posted earlier its very common on otib for threads to wander off topic.

If my posts piss off ‘lots of people’ then why is that my problem?  It’s hardly my fault if these ‘people’ allow themselves to become resentful and pissed off. We are all responsible for our own feelings after all.

Of course the very simple remedy for these ‘people’ is to just put me on ignore. It’s very simple to do.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If my posts piss off ‘lots of people’ then why is that my problem?  It’s hardly my fault

It is when you come into a thread literally to post a yawning emoji or question why people are talking about something which you do quite often. In those examples you obviously have nothing to contribute to the thread yet comment anyway more than likely knowing it will elicit a reaction from people. You often question why something is being debated on the forum ie ex players, if it was deemed needless on the forum one of the mods would move it themselves.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If my posts piss off ‘lots of people’ then why is that my problem?  

How do you reconcile the feeling of not being accountable for what you post with being too scared to admit to Lee's old man what you were posting? 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I do not ‘intentionally’  derail threads RH..........I.can’t  imagine why you think I do. As I posted earlier its very common on otib for threads to wander off topic.

If my posts piss off ‘lots of people’ then why is that my problem?  It’s hardly my fault if these ‘people’ allow themselves to become resentful and pissed off. We are all responsible for our own feelings after all.

Of course the very simple remedy for these ‘people’ is to just put me on ignore. It’s very simple to do.

"Put me on ignore" is your stock phrase in these situations and you know it's not the answer as the thread is still derailed and people replying to someone who is "on ignore" can still be seen. The answer is for you to stop this divisive behaviour.

If you are pissing off lots of people, you really need to examine more stringently, why that may be. Perhaps it's not everyone else that's wrong?

You've turned into our very own Henbury Gas, and you know what everyone thinks of him.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Banning’s too good for him ...

You can’t ban him as he’s not a person. He’s a computer generated algorithm designed to generate controversy and debate when things are quiet on the forum. 

59 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Who?      

Not a name I’m familiar with..........:dunno:

So, that’s it? A glib comment (which is, I’ve no doubt, a lie), an emoji and you move on to troll another day on another thread.

If you truly believe that you’re causing no wanton annoyance to posters on OTIB, then you’re in denial. Be honest - this is how you get your kicks  

If you believe that the answer is for everyone to put you on ignore then you’re espousing treating the symptoms not the cause, which is not what your NHS training will have taught you. Perhaps you should address the cause of our symptoms?

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If you believe that the answer is for everyone to put you on ignore then you’re espousing treating the symptoms not the cause, which is not what your NHS training will have taught you. Perhaps you should address the cause of our symptoms?

One of many things I learnt during my lengthy NHS career particularly whilst practicing as an addiction counsellor  is that every individual is responsible for their own emotional responses. One saying in particular stays with me even now ‘misery is optional’ 

I daresay that many posters have a no idea how that saying can be true.

In simple terms it means that if a situation feels uncomfortable then remove yourself from that situation and you’ll undoubtedly feel better for it and why I suggest that various posters put me on ignore. Its not the cause that’s the issue it’s how you react to it.

I’ll ask a general question - does anybody like feeling angry, upset, irritated or any other negative feeling?  

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Still accidentally on the transfer forum I see.

Spot on.......

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Bollocks (yet again)

Get rid of the cause and you eliminate the need to react to it.

Sadly you’re one of many who don’t understand what  ‘misery is optional’ actually means. I expect there’ll be very similar reactions.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Sadly you’re one of many who don’t understand what  ‘misery is optional’ actually means. I expect there’ll be very similar reactions.

Oh I just understand it, it just isn't applicable here.

It also isn't justification for acting like a tosser and then turning around and saying "well just put me on ignore".

You wouldn't go up to someone in the street and actively try to annoy them, then turn around and say "just ignore me, misery is optional".

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Oh I just understand it, it just isn't applicable here.

It also isn't justification for acting like a tosser and then turning around and saying "well just put me on ignore".

You wouldn't go up to someone in the street and actively try to annoy them, then turn around and say "just ignore me, misery is optional".

Lighten up James. You should realise that I don’t deliberately  irritate anyone - it’s not my problem tho if people allow themselves to become irritated by my comments.          :dunno:

21 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

is this inside knowledge?

Sorry, I made it up to bring the thread back on topic and to stop the bickering. 

It will be interesting to see how this develops. I go back on what I said on page 1 and, now that he has been released, I can see him coming back here. He still loves the club, is rumoured to have a place in Bristol and has been pretty vocal about us on facebook. 

We should all just report him when he moans about speculation. Its the whole point of the forum. i wont be reacting to him anymore, just gonna report him. Admins will have to do something about him eventually

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

We should all just report him when he moans about speculation. Its the whole point of the forum. i wont be reacting to him anymore, just gonna report him. Admins will have to do something about him eventually

I thought the point of a forum is for people to have a voice and an opinion on topics which others can agree with, disagree, debate, or ignore ?

Archived