IGNORED

John Pemberton

jsmith

37 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I didn't see that on the official site ?

That’s because it wasn’t on the OS..............:cool2:

LJ was told to recruit his own assistants and Pembo was at City when LJ was appointed but soon moved on......

His departure - apparently due to be part of an end of season coaching restructure - was suddenly brought forward and he was 'let go' after the club record breaking run of defeats we suffered under LJ.........the intended inference by the club was an obvious attempt to take the heat off of LJ .

Exactly who's idea it was (the timing) we don't know (SL,MA,LJ) because as @Robbored  says ...not on the OS !

Decent bloke but unfairly hung out to dry IMO.

It was coincidental that Pembo was let go. He was never part of LJs assistants team plans. He wanted to bring in guys he knew and had worked with previously - crucial if you’re working so closely almost daily to get on with each other and respect their opinions.

The run of defeats was down to LJ culling the squad. He tried different players to assess  if they had the type of skills to play in the way he wanted and that transition period cost a run of defeats. At the time he said ‘players I can trust’ and also said he’d need ‘three windows” to bring in his own players. As it turned out it took more than three windows.

Last season we saw the best Championship finish for several seasons and just missing out  on the pray offs with a squad made up of players LJ wanted.

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Soon being more than a year after LJ's appointment.

Of course. It takes time to create your own team. Deano was employed elsewhere and just couldn’t up sticks and move south.

Not sure where Macca was at the time of LJs appointment tho......Yeovil was it?

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course. It takes time to create your own team. Deano was employed elsewhere and just couldn’t up sticks and move south.

Not sure where Macca was at the time of LJs appointment tho......Yeovil was it?

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not at all ‘wild speculation’.

Its historical fact.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Not at all ‘wild speculation’.

Its historical fact.

Allow me to put my @Robbored tinted shades on for a second.

By your own admission, there's nothing on the OS about the Pemberton situation, so unless you have been told a first hand account by someone in the know - LJ, SL, MA, or indeed Pemberton himself (which would in itself only be his side of the story), then what you state, is indeed wild speculation whether you like it or not.

:cool2:

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Allow me to put my @Robbored tinted shades on for a second.

By your own admission, there's nothing on the OS about the Pemberton situation, so unless you have been told a first hand account by someone in the know - LJ, SL, MA, or indeed Pemberton himself (which would in itself only be his side of the story), then what you state, is indeed wild speculation whether you like it or not.

:cool2:

Actually, I was told independently by by not one two senior guys at AG in conversation..............:cool2:

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Actually, I was told independently by by not one two senior guys at AG in conversation..............:cool2:

Sorry we can't confirm your sources as its not information from the official site 

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm inclined not to believe you based on statistical probabilities aligned with historical evidential data.

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

His departure - apparently due to be part of an end of season coaching restructure - was suddenly brought forward and he was 'let go' after the club record breaking run of defeats we suffered under LJ.........the intended inference by the club was an obvious attempt to take the heat off of LJ .

Exactly who's idea it was (the timing) we don't know (SL,MA,LJ) because as @Robbored  says ...not on the OS !

Decent bloke but unfairly hung out to dry IMO.

Well we turned our form around after he left, so hung out to dry, or the right choice?  Recent history would suggest the latter.  Don't get me wrong. I'm grateful for the promotion season with Cotts and Pembo, but both have moved on and we've moved up.

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

41 minutes ago, hodge said:

Sorry we can't confirm your sources as its not information from the official site 

@hodge spot on. 

Also inclined not to believe @Robbored and his "wild speculation" as there was no mention of any conversation until pushed further. Surely you would have mentioned this small fact in the first place if it were true.....

It doesn't pay to be a pedant....

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

@hodge spot on. 

Also inclined not to believe @Robbored and his "wild speculation" as there was no mention of any conversation until pushed further. Surely you would have mentioned this small fact in the first place if it were true.....

It doesn't pay to be a pedant....

What gets spoken about in conversation with senior people at AG is very likely to be dismissed if/when shared in here. That why I and others rarely share things of that nature on otib.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

What gets spoken about in conversation with senior people at AG is very likely to be dismissed if/when shared in here

When you say senior people at AG, do you mean conversations with important people at the football club, or by senior did you mean three cardigans, nap before Countdown, fart at inappropriate moments type of people? If it's the latter, I don't think they actually tick any ITK boxes on OTIB, although as sources go, I bet they could tell us how cold it's going to be for the next 4 months.

Archived