IGNORED

John Pemberton

jsmith

18 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Quote and post the article/webpage then............but for safety reasons I'd attend to your pants on fire first!

Comments made via the various different media outlets are not so easily retrieved - particularly radio interviews.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Comments made via the various different media outlets are not so easily retrieved - particularly radio interviews.

So it IS bullshit then..........

First you said it was a conversation with a "Senior person" actually 2 separate conversations with 2 different "Senior Staff"

Then it was " at Senior Reds Lunch"

Finally you decide it was a " radio interview"

And that's the case for the prosecution m'lud ..ladies and gentlemen of the jury I ask you to find the defendant Robbored GUILTY of 3 counts of Bullshit!

24 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

So it IS bullshit then..........

No no, I'm not having that.

Remember he was told by "not one, but two" (that was the clincher for me) vague, unnamed characters "at Ashton Gate". Proof, if it were needed, that this is no wild speculation and conjecture.

I'm in. 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Can you remember conversations that you had months ago?    :dunno:

Or remember when/where/what media outlet it was from? 

But you said earlier " Don't you pay attention to anything SL/MA say"

Clearly you don't follow your own advice

You don't know who said it, What they said, where they said it, Or wether it was a chat, or on the radio.......not very convincing is it!!!

10 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

But you said earlier " Don't you pay attention to anything SL/MA say"

Clearly you don't follow your own advice

You don't know who said it, What they said, where they said it, Or wether it was a chat, or on the radio.......not very convincing is it!!!

I try to listen to everything City related regardless of what the source is. If it a senior member then it’s even more important to me that I listen to whatever is said.

Over time I’ve heard plenty of sound bites from SL, MA and LJ and if you combine the various details then an accurate picture can be formed.

All three have been and will be again speakers at Senior Reds and Ive taken the opportunity to chat with all individuality. That, along with the various sound bites all contribute to my understanding of what goes on at AG.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Another thread ruined by the forum's resident case for increasing the retirement age to 80.

Or to make ‘Logan’s Run’ a blueprint for our future society.

Please note that I am of the age bracket that I’d have also been done for by now.  However Jenny Agutter and not having to go through middle age would have both been blessings.

Bristol City majority shareholder Steve Lansdown has explained the surprise sacking of first-team coach John Pemberton by saying he did not fit into the club's future plans.

Pemberton and chief scout Des Taylor parted company with the Sky Bet Championship strugglers ahead of Tuesday's 1-1 home draw against Norwich.

The result left City in the relegation zone with Lee Johnson's side having won only two of their last 22 league games.

"John has been part of the Bristol City family for the past four years, playing a lead role in the coaching team," Lansdown told the official club website.

"However, when reviewing our plans for the future John was unfortunately not part of them.

Johnson commented on Pemberton's exit after the Norwich game, saying: "I cannot say too much. But it was a club decision involving myself and the board.

"We believe these decisions have been taken for the long-term benefit of the club.

"The club has a young, hungry philosophy, and bringing Jamie McAllister on (as Pemberton's replacement) should be celebrated.

"I would like to wish John all the best. He's a good guy and I have no issues with him."

53 minutes ago, Private Cider(cider army) said:

Bristol City majority shareholder Steve Lansdown has explained the surprise sacking of first-team coach John Pemberton by saying he did not fit into the club's future plans.

Pemberton and chief scout Des Taylor parted company with the Sky Bet Championship strugglers ahead of Tuesday's 1-1 home draw against Norwich.

The result left City in the relegation zone with Lee Johnson's side having won only two of their last 22 league games.

"John has been part of the Bristol City family for the past four years, playing a lead role in the coaching team," Lansdown told the official club website.

"However, when reviewing our plans for the future John was unfortunately not part of them.

Johnson commented on Pemberton's exit after the Norwich game, saying: "I cannot say too much. But it was a club decision involving myself and the board.

"We believe these decisions have been taken for the long-term benefit of the club.

"The club has a young, hungry philosophy, and bringing Jamie McAllister on (as Pemberton's replacement) should be celebrated.

"I would like to wish John all the best. He's a good guy and I have no issues with him."

Thanks for finding that - and to think certain posters doubted me.............:disapointed2se:

A lot of this thread seems to rest on a slightly naive assumption that what senior staff members say to fans either in person or on the radio is a 100% accurate representation of what happened. Obviously it could be what happened but, even if there were massive internal interpersonal problems, the quote would still be “they did a great job, we wish them well etc.”

That radio quite above in particular is notable for what it doesn’t say.

“I cannot say too much” = “there are parts of the story it would be unwise for me to put in the public domain

”Club decision between myself and the board” = Pemberton didn’t get to decide and also seems to imply an escalation to a point where LJ wasn’t part of the final decision either.

” Long-term benefit of the club” = it was not in the long term benefit of the club to keep him 

“I have no issues with him” = an odd and unnecessary comment unless SL knows the feeling is not mutual.

To be honest, that interview implies there was far more to it than met the eye at the time...

31 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

A lot of this thread seems to rest on a slightly naive assumption that what senior staff members say to fans either in person or on the radio is a 100% accurate representation of what happened. Obviously it could be what happened but, even if there were massive internal interpersonal problems, the quote would still be “they did a great job, we wish them well etc.”

That radio quite above in particular is notable for what it doesn’t say.

“I cannot say too much” = “there are parts of the story it would be unwise for me to put in the public domain

”Club decision between myself and the board” = Pemberton didn’t get to decide and also seems to imply an escalation to a point where LJ wasn’t part of the final decision either.

” Long-term benefit of the club” = it was not in the long term benefit of the club to keep him 

“I have no issues with him” = an odd and unnecessary comment unless SL knows the feeling is not mutual.

To be honest, that interview implies there was far more to it than met the eye at the time...

It really is quite simple LB - LJ was given license to bring in his own assistants. It took a while to bring in Deano who LJ had worked with before and Macca who LJ had played in the same team. He clearly wanted them both and Pembo became surplus to requirements so was let go.

I can’t see why it’s such a big deal - things like this happen regularly throughout football.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

It really is quite simple LB - LJ was given license to bring in his own assistants. It took a while to bring in Deano who LJ had worked with before and Macca who LJ had played in the same team. He clearly wanted them both and Pembo became surplus to requirements so was let go.

I can’t see why it’s such a big deal - things like this happen regularly throughout football.

It's not a big deal. But the point is, whilst that could have been what happened, none of us actually have a clue what happens internally in the club and it is daft for any of us to pretend to be certain that the version of events told to us as fans necessarily mirrors reality.

On 30/05/2019 at 09:49, CodeRed said:

His departure - apparently due to be part of an end of season coaching restructure - was suddenly brought forward and he was 'let go' after the club record breaking run of defeats we suffered under LJ.........the intended inference by the club was an obvious attempt to take the heat off of LJ .

Exactly who's idea it was (the timing) we don't know (SL,MA,LJ) because as @Robbored  says ...not on the OS !

Decent bloke but unfairly hung out to dry IMO.

I’ve heard there was much more to it than that and he was disruptive, (don’t know the details) so was let go ASAP. 

5 hours ago, Private Cider(cider army) said:

Clearly Pembo's fault that we had only only won 2 out of 22 games.Bet LJ was annoyed he wasn't asked before the board made that decision to promote his mate.

Water under the bridge but he seemed to do little wrong.

23 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

It's not a big deal. But the point is, whilst that could have been what happened, none of us actually have a clue what happens internally in the club and it is daft for any of us to pretend to be certain that the version of events told to us as fans necessarily mirrors reality.

Of course none of us were privy to the discussions regarding Pembo but it’s common sense to work out what went on - namely that LJ wanted his own people and Pembo wasn’t one of them.

It ain’t rocket science.....

On 30/05/2019 at 10:06, Robbored said:

Of course. It takes time to create your own team. Deano was employed elsewhere and just couldn’t up sticks and move south.

Not sure where Macca was at the time of LJs appointment tho......Yeovil was it?

Well this is wrong for a start, he got a phone call off LJ and moved here within 2 weeks of the call. In his own words describes when he got the phone call and how long the decision took, so he did just up sticks and move south.

www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-holden-reveals-what-led-532673

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course none of us were privy to the discussions regarding Pembo but it’s common sense to work out what went on - namely that LJ wanted his own people and Pembo wasn’t one of them.

Indeed. But, contrary to what you said before, none of us know for sure whether it was a coincidence that he was let go when he was or if it was deemed by the board to be vital and urgent to turn the results around. Either way, it was certainly a decision many on here could not understand at the time but one that was immediately followed by an upturn in results. Which could have been coincidence but none of us know that. 

On 30/05/2019 at 08:49, CodeRed said:

His departure - apparently due to be part of an end of season coaching restructure - was suddenly brought forward and he was 'let go' after the club record breaking run of defeats we suffered under LJ.........the intended inference by the club was an obvious attempt to take the heat off of LJ .

Exactly who's idea it was (the timing) we don't know (SL,MA,LJ) because as @Robbored  says ...not on the OS !

Decent bloke but unfairly hung out to dry IMO.

the exact same with Wade Elliott 

LJ knew he was under pressure, from fans and board, and had him as the 23s manager - loved by fans, good, young coach, loved by the the board. He was very threatened by him so wanted him off.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Correct.

This is rocket science......

1771872513_rocketscience.jpg.fd8e637e79e83d15301069e2238de24d.jpg

Either that or LJ's tactical and formation plans for the Derby game.

8 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. But, contrary to what you said before, none of us know for sure whether it was a coincidence that he was let go when he was or if it was deemed by the board to be vital and urgent to turn the results around. Either way, it was certainly a decision many on here could not understand at the time but one that was immediately followed by an upturn in results. Which could have been coincidence but none of us know that. 

I understood it.

On 30/05/2019 at 08:34, Robbored said:

That’s because it wasn’t on the OS..............:cool2:

LJ was told to recruit his own assistants and Pembo was at City when LJ was appointed but soon moved on......

When LJ arrived Pembo had started a bit of a revival, LJ tinkered and we all know what happened, I don’t think they ever saw eye to eye, pity because the tinkering and the streaks continued, the disagreements in the dugout were obvious to everyone close enough to see - Pembos days were numbered from the start

On 31/05/2019 at 08:14, Robbored said:

Thanks for finding that - and to think certain posters doubted me.............:disapointed2se:

Didn't doubt you @Robbored, just thought I'd do exactly what you do with 95% of your trolling towards other posters. Back it up with facts next time.

:cool2:

Archived