IGNORED

Is this the sign of the Apocalypse ?

1960maaan

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Half n half shirts, and a pint of water? 

To be fair, isn't Azerbaijan a muslim country, so they probably couldn't have alcohol anyway.

With that said, last UEFA event I went to, once inside the security cordon outside the ground (or inside the ground) the only "alcohol" you could buy was non-alcoholic Carlsberg.

Given such a choice between that and the assortment of vastly overpriced title-sponsor fizzy drinks, I think I'd have had water too. No excuses for the half and half shirts though.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

To be fair, isn't Azerbaijan a muslim country, so they probably couldn't have alcohol anyway.

With that said, last UEFA event I went to, once inside the security cordon outside the ground (or inside the ground) the only "alcohol" you could buy was non-alcoholic Carlsberg.

Given such a choice between that and the assortment of vastly overpriced title-sponsor fizzy drinks, I think I'd have had water too. No excuses for the half and half shirts though.

I swear I saw some of the crowd with pints of lager last night so think alcohol may have been served

Two mediocre English teams (in comparison to Man City and Liverpool) with a total of one English player between them at kick off time. Tbh both clubs deserved everything about last night. Didn’t watch a second of it and if these two were playing each other at the Gate and I was offered free tickets I could quite easily carry on walking tbh.

5 hours ago, Undy English said:

Half empty stadium, mainly full of locals in cheap knock off shirts and half n half scarves. Zero atmosphere and a running track around the pitch. Well done UEFA.

I expect someone somewhere  had a back hander because of it. 

8 hours ago, Olé said:

It is a Muslim country but just as in England is a Christian country and Ireland is a Christian country it’s vastly different to whatever your image of Muslim country is! 

Its very moderate and there is smoking, drinking and women of the night! 

9 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

It is a Muslim country but just as in England is a Christian country and Ireland is a Christian country it’s vastly different to whatever your image of Muslim country is! 

Its very moderate and there is smoking, drinking and women of the night! 

My kind of town?

Archived