IGNORED

Is promotion a realistic aim for City?

reddogkev

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair. In terms of pure goals there's no comparison as to who was best by far, but many factors make it less clearcut.

Agree, I suppose if you look at the all round progress then the 3 players we sold for big bucks and the 3 we brought in, the latter 3 managed to help get the team to 8th as opposed to 11th by the former 

I prefer to ignore the play off scenario, as anyone can go up through that scenario, and be miles off the points of first and second.

We need to aim for top two...not the play offs imo.

As for fans expectations, in general I think many fans think we are bigger than we are.

However imo, we are stronger than we've ever been. 

Just needs everything to connect. 

At the start of the season I don't think anyone would have put Norwich and Sheffield Utd above so much bigger teams.

So yes it's possible...but not expected.

Now it’s time to push - we have a stable manager and coaching team. LJ now has decent experience and his decision making was better last year. If we retain the defence, add an upgrade to the midfield and bolster up front we will be close. 

This league is so competitive though it’s impossible to say really

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Of course it’s realistic. 

City got pretty close last season, missing out on the pray-offs on the last match of the season and with the obvious weaknesses being addressed this summer we’ll be a serious contender next season.

7/1 is still a bit measly tho........

No big deal, its realistic for most teams in this div including those that came up, remember our first season here?

We have already lost one of our best young prospects and could easily lose 4/5 more of last seasons starters; another rebuild is bound to happen how far that will get us depends on the quality of the incomings.

It will be difficult to improve again but obviously not impossible.......we will see.

Archived