IGNORED

£77,000,000 in 3 years

Redwhitepurple

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What is it with certain posters who throw in hand grenade opening posts but then never have the balls to come back to the thread and defend their pitiful arguments?

Does nurse step in and take their phone away?

Don’t be silly teacher takes the phone away nurse sticks a sharp pointy thing in their bottoms!

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

Dear @Redwhitepurple

Before posting this, did you actually consider how many clubs have performed better than us and what is the 'norm' for Championship clubs? The following table has been taken from a transfer site and considers the net transfer spend of clubs over the past 5 seasons:

image.thumb.png.e0fbd3163a95801cef3511ffa20ec3c0.png

What is more impressive is that it fails to consider the sale of Kelly, so another £13m can be added to that. It puts us in 20th place and we're behind Swansea, who sold Sigurdsson for £50m which makes up the whole of their surplus. In addition, Hull have been offloading assets as they look to survive without parachute payments and Norwich have done very well, partly due to the sale of Maddison to Leicester for £25m. Ourselves and Brentford are two clubs who have made significant progress on and off the field whilst receiving more than we have spent in terms of transfer fees. So thank you @Redwhitepurple for bringing this to my attention. 

I appreciate this list isn't 100% accurate but I am not trawling for the accounts of each club for the past five years! 

Source: https://www.transferleague.co.uk/championship-teams-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/championship-last-five-season

2 teams in that list whose net spend is nigh on £100m and we outperformed one and came just a couple of places below the other.

Did Sigardsson really go for £50m? That's bloody absurd.

On 30/05/2019 at 23:35, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolutely - some people just don’t get the fact that investors expect a return on their investments - it’s not that difficult to understand ...

Except @anonym0u5 seems to think this post was worth an ‘eggplant’ reaction - pathetic .... but then he or she tends to react to most posts with an eggplant - what a loser ...

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

What I want to know is, when will we sell the stadium to the Lephen Stansdown Corporation for 70 billion, in order to get round FFP?

The g*s have taken a slightly different approach - they`ve just given away the stadium to a third party and have got **** all back in return.

I can`t see this being adopted as the accepted business model though.

6 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

The g*s have taken a slightly different approach - they`ve just given away the stadium to a third party and have got **** all back in return.

I can`t see this being adopted as the accepted business model though.

If Steve McLaren was the 'Wally with the brolly,' does that make Rovers owner, 'Wally with no lolly'?

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 07:07, JBFC II said:

You don’t get excited by much though do you?

Followed this MY club all over the country back in the late 60`s early seventies; some really proper away days at many grounds that have long since gone; ...at The Gate, never missed a game, really great days at the footie... now hate what football has become and yes I`ve not been to football at home or away since the 2 new stands have gone up.

Still follow the games every Sat/reports/texts/and from many on here and watch the games on tv or online; so yes armchair supporter I am, living with my memories from all 4 divisions.

In answer to your question yes quite a lot and most Saturdays...........but not now, the new look alike stadiums and foreign money men/Sky/BT/Health and Safety/Sit down shut up etc, etc, are right pains;

9 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Followed this MY club all over the country back in the late 60`s early seventies; some really proper away days at many grounds that have long since gone; ...at The Gate, never missed a game, really great days at the footie... now hate what football has become and yes I`ve not been to football at home or away since the 2 new stands have gone up.

Still follow the games every Sat/reports/texts/and from many on here and watch the games on tv or online; so yes armchair supporter I am, living with my memories from all 4 divisions.

In answer to your question yes quite a lot and most Saturdays...........but not now, the new look alike stadiums and foreign money men/Sky/BT/Health and Safety/Sit down shut up etc, etc, are right pains;

Fair enough, so if we had stayed with the old stadium and been stuck in the 90s you’d still be coming?

54 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Fair enough, so if we had stayed with the old stadium and been stuck in the 90s you’d still be coming?

It was different then, I can remember the Dolman being built, in fact I a season ticket for the first 2 seasons in there, 77/6p I think, never went back in there after that.

Don't think here is one brick or piece of concrete left from my first days at AG 67/8; Been to the top div and bottom div with my club, its now part of something else, and yes much prefer the way it was, highs and lows...didn't seem to matter then.

10 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

It was different then, I can remember the Dolman being built, in fact I a season ticket for the first 2 seasons in there, 77/6p I think, never went back in there after that.

Don't think here is one brick or piece of concrete left from my first days at AG 67/8; Been to the top div and bottom div with my club, its now part of something else, and yes much prefer the way it was, highs and lows...didn't seem to matter then.

So where would you like the club to be now?

You obviously don’t like a lot of the stuff the club is doing, would you rather we tried to stay old school or tried to keep up with the times, as we have been doing 

On 31/05/2019 at 06:24, Bri Stool City said:

First some questions; Its not actually ours though is it? do we have any control over its use or its occupants? do we get any income from the others who use it?

We are part of something else now, (and not by choice) I see nothing to get too excited about ...sorry.

9 hours ago, REDTURK said:

Is “Bri Stool City”  .......

GAS?

Am I’m missiing something?

”Stool” ??

Back to the old boy now...happy?

On 31/05/2019 at 15:43, Top Robin said:

You're absolutely right Phantom...the team is perfect and doent need any improvement. Dropping out the play off spots was just a bit of bad luck. Lets stick with what we have and things will be fine. 

As fine an example of a straw man argument as you could wish to read.

Unless of course you can point to anybody who has said any of those things.

9 hours ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Not our stadium anymore but Steve Lansdown's. It used to belong to the club until he took it for himself, when he ran up a 50 million debt and paid it back ...taking the ground at the same time.  Bristol, City rent it from him.

Not according to Companies House.

The structure is the same as that to which Scott Davidson moved in the mid 90s.

Bristol City Holdings - this is the company in which anyone holding City shares will have those shares; look yourself up on the 2018 confirmation statement; though it's a big pdf so don't do it on your phone:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01501663/filing-history

This owns three companies:

Bristol City Football Club Ltd - the football club

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03230871

Ashton Gate Limited - owns the stadium.  This has the stadium as an asset of £43m.  The company has bank borrowings of £50m, underwritten by Pula Sprts - the Lansdown company - and £18m interest free loan presumably from the Lansdowns direct. 

This company made an accounting loss of £1.7m in 2017/18 however this was after depreciation of £2.5m so it actually generated cash of £0.8m and should continue to do so.

It will be a long time before the loans are paid back and there is sufficient cash that a dividend is paid to Bristol City Holdings but that is what will ultimately happen and that is where the concert revenues are going.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05450440/filing-history

And, a new one on me, St James Parade (122) Limited which is a dormant company that owns freehold land:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06889741/filing-history

Technically they are all owned by the Lansdown family as majority shareholders in Bristol City Holdings.

So yes Bristol City FC does rent Ashton Gate from Ashton Gate Ltd but they are both owned by the same company in which many people on here, including me, own some shares.

This form of restructure was common in the 90s as it was seen as a a way of protecting the ground if the football club company became insolvent.

7 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Not according to Companies House.

The structure is the same as that to which Scott Davidson moved in the mid 90s.

Bristol City Holdings - this is the company in which anyone holding City shares will have those shares; look yourself up on the 2018 confirmation statement; though it's a big pdf so don't do it on your phone:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01501663/filing-history

This owns three companies:

Bristol City Football Club Ltd - the football club

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03230871

Ashton Gate Limited - owns the stadium.  This has the stadium as an asset of £43m.  The company has bank borrowings of £50m, underwritten by Pula Sprts - the Lansdown company - and £18m interest free loan presumably from the Lansdowns direct. 

This company made an accounting loss of £1.7m in 2017/18 however this was after depreciation of £2.5m so it actually generated cash of £0.8m and should continue to do so.

It will be a long time before the loans are paid back and there is sufficient cash that a dividend is paid to Bristol City Holdings but that is what will ultimately happen and that is where the concert revenues are going.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05450440/filing-history

And, a new one on me, St James Parade (122) Limited which is a dormant company that owns freehold land:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06889741/filing-history

Technically they are all owned by the Lansdown family as majority shareholders in Bristol City Holdings.

So yes Bristol City FC does rent Ashton Gate from Ashton Gate Ltd but they are both owned by the same company in which many people on here, including me, own some shares.

This form of restructure was common in the 90s as it was seen as a a way of protecting the ground if the football club company became insolvent.

Genuinely, thanks for this reminder about my own shares, I have just been reminded of how many I have, I had not looked for years. I had forgotten just how many I had bought, it was around the time of the purchase of Steve Torpey ha! We got our names placed on that board that used to hang in the old Williams Stand stairwell, as I remember.  Is it somewhere else in the ground now?  Shame the value off our shares is worth so little. Yes indeed, the whole club and stadium structure is a one family business in the main. The romance of the club owning its own ground as an asset has long gone. Thanks for the impressive collation of the figures ! 

17 hours ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Not our stadium anymore but Steve Lansdown's. It used to belong to the club until he took it for himself, when he ran up a 50 million debt and paid it back ...taking the ground at the same time.  Bristol, City rent it from him.

You talk so much shit you have have to be a gas head, there is no other explanation for the amount of bollox you are posting

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Incidentally, as I was looking at the accounts I checked the current share issuance and it turns out that my shares equate to two thirds of a seat in the ground.

So whoever is sitting in my seat please look after it.

....check that they aren’t wearing Leeds socks!

On 31/05/2019 at 18:43, Monkeh said:

Can you point out where Johnson and lansdown have said they are happy with what we got and happy to be just outside the play-offs?

everywhere I look and read they talk about improvement and trying to be sustainable while improving which is what is happening

or would you be happy if we did a charlton Sunderland portsmouth Leeds Ipswich and the countless others who put short term gains against long term future and found themselves in the right shit

like it or lump it we are doing it the right way by slowly improving the infrastructure first then invest in younger more sellable assets  

I agree with much of this - but you can’t include Ipswich in that list - they gave Mick McCarthy less than £1m per season to spend on transfer fees - during his six year reign at Portman Road he spent £5.5m in total on transfer fees - we spent nearly that on Diédhiou - no way did Ipswich “put short term gains against long term future” - they merely sacked a very fine manager who continually kept them in the championship with naff all to spend on players ... and they paid the price - nothing to do with over spending ...

Archived