IGNORED

Jon Lansdown now Chairman (Merged)

Johnny Musicworks

Congratulations Jon and thanks to Keith.

We’ve got solid foundations to move forward and realise our ambitions. Let’s move up a gear now. 

... and Jesz does it make me feel old, remember him when he was just a lad collecting our neighbours son en-route to The Gate. 

It would not surprise me to see a further development in the coming weeks to ‘announce’ the new era under Jon. He will like most want to put a marker down as to his own ideas and hopes. Just speculating but the USA pre-season tour may have more to it as Jon (with all due respect to Keith Dawe and Steve L) as a young dynamic figurehead for the club may help with American investment/Partnerships going forward. 

8 minutes ago, Henry said:

What’s a chairman’s role nowadays? Isn’t the CEO the one really running a club?

Nothing of significance happens at this club without the OK from the owner - whoever is the CEO or chairman.

That may change moving forward with this appointment but its not going to anytime soon.

Jon will have to run any significant decisions past his dad, but that would be the case whoever filled that role and the same for any other organisation where its shareholding was owned by one person.

Hopefully he will reign over the most successful period in our history, starting with a top two berth next season.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Congrats to Jon Lansdown. 

Envy is a horrid thing to possess, but how I would love it if Sir Stephen was my father and I had a stand with my surname.  Guess we all would.

The Reddokev stand sounds good to me ? Though I still think the south stand should be named after Alan Dicks.

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Jon lansdown is just Steve’s yes man :) 

But wasn’t it Steve that said yes to Jon when he wanted his father to follow the mighty reds. Maybe Steve has been Jons yes man all the time. I’ve a feeling the transition is beginning and like any ageing wealthy man Steve will probably want to pass on some of his assets sooner rather than later. Probably Jon’s next step in the course of things in a year or two.

Wasn't JL the director who antagonised quite a few fans on a number of occasions on Twitter- think the Cardiff one and sure one or 2 other incidents.

He was younger- he'll have learnt, don't recall any social media faux paus or outbursts from him lately but...

https://twitter.com/JonLansdown/status/927913147238965249/photo/1

I am sure there was another one too within the last couple of years that wasn't the best judged let's say but don't remember exactly what.

Anyway that is all the past and Congratulations and Good luck JL!

Jury out for me though...

1 hour ago, class not gas said:

Great appointment.

I'm not saying it isn't a great appointment because I simply don't know, but can you tell me what's so great about Jon Lansdown at the helm of BCFC apart from the fact he has his dad's money behind him ?

He come across as a bit immature to me.

12 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Will keep the Lansdown family's involvement in the club for many more years. Surley  that's great news?

So it’s the fact that his dad’s  money is staying as opposed to the man himself being appointed that’s great news? 

7 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Will keep the Lansdown family's involvement in the club for many more years. Surley  that's great news?

I think most people want to see Steve Lansdown's wealth and his own involvement in the club to continue. Steve isn't an old man yet, and has proven his commitment over 20 (?) years of generally fruitless yet pricey endeavour.. I have no idea whether Lansdown junior will continue in that manner when he finally presumably takes over the reins properly, and unless you are JL or sit close to him you don't know either.

That's why I asked respectfully, what is so good about appointing him, unless the role is powerless and solely symbolic with SL continuing to run matters. If there are reasons associated with his dynamism and business acumen that haven't been visible so far then fine of course.

5 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I think most people want to see Steve Lansdown's wealth and his own involvement in the club to continue. Steve isn't an old man yet, and has proven his commitment over 20 (?) years of generally fruitless yet pricey endeavour.. I have no idea whether Lansdown junior will continue in that manner when he finally presumably takes over the reins properly, and unless you are JL or sit close to him you don't know either.

That's why I asked respectfully, what is so good about appointing him, unless the role is powerless and solely symbolic with SL continuing to run matters. If there are reasons associated with his dynamism and business acumen that haven't been visible so far then fine of course.

The last 3/4 years shows how important continuity is to the club's progression, whether it be the overall long term plans put on place by SL, the development and success of the academy, strategy regarding player recruitment and also sticking with LJ when it would have been easier to sack him.

JL's appointment as chairmen might be just be symbolic while SL remains hands on in control of the club, but it also might just be the first sign of continuity as far as the Lansdown family ownership and running of the club. Perhaps SL sees this as the way of Jon gaining the experience so that increasingly he (SL) will make more decisions with Jon's recommendation to the point that SL decides he can hand over the reigns fully when he is ready to take a step back. 

Archived