IGNORED

Captain

Red 90

By his own high standards my personal view is Brownhill didn't quite kick on last season relative to the prior few. For him to go to the next level I honestly think giving him the captaincy would be the making of him.

The way he plays he could easily lead by example but he drifts out of some games and still always looks like he is a junior member of the team. Would love to see a more vocal Brownhill, giving him extra responsibility might force it.

4 hours ago, TBW said:

I don't really see the point of having a titled on-pitch captain. Everyone should count themselves and their teammates equally accountable.

It’s not about accountability, it’s about leadership.  Great captains inspire their teammates, and their value is considerable.  Leading by example is all very well and good, but they must be able to talk to their teammates, especially the young ones.  Even in youth football you can see the value of a leader.

On 31/05/2019 at 14:22, Red 90 said:

Who would you like to see as captain next season? IMO ever since Carey left, we've really lacked a leading figure in our team. 

I'd like to see the armband given to Webster next season, possibly even Kalas if he does sign.

Interesting question, I think maenpaa could be a shout

Archived