IGNORED

Champions League Final - Views

I started watching Spurs in 1981 when I lived in Hertfordshire. The golden era of Hoddle and Ardilles. Got a big soft spot for them and I hope they beat the Scouse tossers but I can't see it happening.

Liverpool deserve something after an unbelievable league season 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Really ? I welcome your insightful punditry during the game then rather than a double European cup winner and top flight midfielder. You clearly know more ?

Just because somebody was good at playing the game it doesn't follow that they are good at talking about it. Some give real tactical insight but an awful lot have nothing much more to say than stuff at the level of "he should have scored that Gary". 

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Just because somebody was good at playing the game it doesn't follow that they are good at talking about it. Some give real tactical insight but an awful lot have nothing much more to say than stuff at the level of "he should have scored that Gary". 

Exactly. A lot of pundits teach people nothing. McManaman, Owen, Savage being prime examples 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I just think it’s ironic that a poster who largely talks complete bollocks has the brass neck to slag off ex pros. 

Pundits are supposed to educate. McManaman teaches me nothing. He points out stuff I can see for myself. Neville teaches me. He’s a good pundit 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Really ? I welcome your insightful punditry during the game then rather than a double European cup winner and top flight midfielder. You clearly know more ?

Tell me one insightful thing McManaman has ever said during a game. Or tell me one thing after tonights game. The bloke just says what we've all just seen. 

So you think all ex players know more than me and all other non ex players?

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yeah I agree totally. I think they both do that though , especially mcmanaman. As for jenas raw emotion and breaking down when spurs scored last few seconds against Ajax . That will be played for decades. It’s the emotion that ties all of us to football. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Tell me one insightful thing McManaman has ever said during a game. Or tell me one thing after tonights game. The bloke just says what we've all just seen. 

So you think all ex players know more than me and all other non ex players?

I’m talking specifically about those two. I personally think there decent. I obviously won’t remember past games he co commentated on. If they’re crap tonight then I’ll admit it. 

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

To say ex players know more than me would mean Paul Merson knows more than me, which I am offended by! 'Josh King should be in the England squad.'

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

What an idiot, why have your arm straight out in while in the box 

Perhaps Rudolph can offer some insight on this question?

Archived