IGNORED

Champions League Final - Views

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Brave tactics from Liverpool.

Sat back and dared Tottenham to beat them and despite some lively football, couldn’t do it.

Dele Ali is a very poor mans Eden Hazard.

At the moment he's a very poor mans Marlon Pack....he was absolutely shit tonight

40 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A real shame a game like this is overshadowed by a ridiculous refereeing decision.  

Some fans in the pub were trying to justify to me how it should’ve been a penalty. What a complete disgrace to the game. 

Complete joke and ruined what should have been a good final.

49 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A real shame a game like this is overshadowed by a ridiculous refereeing decision.  

Some fans in the pub were trying to justify to me how it should’ve been a penalty. What a complete disgrace to the game. 

I said it on here a couple months ago when there was a similar penalty given, players who are clever will now aim for someone’s arm in the penalty box, we got this tonight.

The law as it stands is that it has to be deliberate handball, and no way in the world was that deliberate.

21 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

At the moment he's a very poor mans Marlon Pack....he was absolutely shit tonight

He was couldn't believe he wasn't taken off earlier, was just not at the races at all looked a yard off the game.

17 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I had a quick flick through social media but can’t believe the number of posts celebrating the Champions League final. You’re from the South West ya mugs.  

Annoying isn't it, if half of them had came down to ashton gate over the years they could support their own premier League side.

Horrendous night - in a pub full of Bristolians supporting Liverpool, wearing the shirts, kissing the badge, crying when singing YNWA - yet all obviously Bristolian - not a scouse accent amongst them - I just don’t get it... I don’t care if they grew up watching MOTD when Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish were good... why the hell do they feel much more allegiance towards a club hundreds of miles away up north than they ever could towards their local clubs?!

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I said it on here a couple months ago when there was a similar penalty given, players who are clever will now aim for someone’s arm in the penalty box, we got this tonight.

The law as it stands is that it has to be deliberate handball, and no way in the world was that deliberate.

Clever bit of play by Mane, he saw his arm was out so deliberately kicked it at his arm. 

Oh you bunch of miserable cants.  Great team,  great and immensely loveable manager,  wonderful fans (10% of that atmosphere down the gate please) and fully deserved after an amazing season.  Slay that green eyed monster and be gracious.  Well done Liverpool,  kings of europe again and none of their fans will give two shits how entertaining the final was.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Horrendous night - in a pub full of Bristolians supporting Liverpool, wearing the shirts, kissing the badge, crying when singing YNWA - yet all obviously Bristolian - not a scouse accent amongst them - I just don’t get it... I don’t care if they grew up watching MOTD when Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish were good... why the hell do they feel much more allegiance towards a club hundreds of miles away up north than they ever could towards their local clubs?!

Same in any city. I confess I was not brought up to love city..... but I saw the light

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s human nature to want be identified with a top PL team.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Mate, my first two games at AG were versus ManUre and Liverpool.  The numbers of plastic Mancs and Scouses were unbelievable.  Back then, when Liverpool won the league a lot, loads of plastic Scouses, particularly kids.  Now the kids will all be wearing Liverpool kits again.

Seriously, City should send out teams to schools and hand out free stuff and tickets.  I live not far from Milton Keynes, and MK Dons are really good at that sort of thing.

4 hours ago, ukneil said:

Oh you bunch of miserable cants.  Great team,  great and immensely loveable manager,  wonderful fans (10% of that atmosphere down the gate please) and fully deserved after an amazing season.  Slay that green eyed monster and be gracious.  Well done Liverpool,  kings of europe again and none of their fans will give two shits how entertaining the final was.

And again there wonderful fans managed to complete a European final without killing any opposition fans.

So well done Liverpool

I dodged the pub last night, went to the pub to watch the cricket and the rugby, but went home before the football started. Knowing full well it would be a crowd of Liverpool fans who never miss a game on Sky.

That said, I have a couple of pals who live locally who do go to games and actually had tickets for the game last night (the perks of being hospitality season ticket holders).

It's a shame a lot of people don't watch local football, one of the Liverpool fans said the other day that their preference was for Villa to get promoted via the play offs as it would be an easy drive to go and see a top flight game.

I pointed out that Cardiff would have been even easier, but that was lost on them.

31 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Seriously, City should send out teams to schools and hand out free stuff and tickets.  I live not far from Milton Keynes, and MK Dons are really good at that sort of thing.

Why are MK Dons handing our Bristol City free stuff and tickets for us, and why do so in Milton Keynes? :) 

I was sat there bemused at the true absurdity of a pub in Bristol screaming something along the lines of 'we're Liverpool, mighty Liverpool, fck off Manchester'.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I actually got quite annoyed watching it in Weston with a load of Scouse Welsh & Scouse Brummies(?) and had to ask a few what area of Liverpool Anfield is in, you can imagine their answers.

6 minutes ago, Unan said:

It's so funny, I actually got quite annoyed watching it in Weston with a load of scouse welsh & scouse brummies? and had to ask a few what area of Liverpool Anfield is in, you can imagine their answers.

It's the justification they give to prove their support that baffles me.

Why do you support Liverpool?

My Dad did, so we have a family connection.

So your Dad used to take you to Anfield when you were a child?

No. But he always wanted to see them play, so I am following in his footsteps.

By not seeing them?

Eh? Who do you support? Bristol City. They're rubbish, what Premier League team do you follow, you must have a second team.

No. Just City.

Well, if you don't follow a top side, how can you call yourself a football fan....

*sighs*

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Mate, my first two games at AG were versus ManUre and Liverpool.  The numbers of plastic Mancs and Scouses were unbelievable.  Back then, when Liverpool won the league a lot, loads of plastic Scouses, particularly kids.  Now the kids will all be wearing Liverpool kits again.

Bristol City and the Community team are working very hard to "spread the Robins gospel" among young Bristolians. I saw a stat recently that our home attendance's regularly include around 30% of young people. Can anyone else confirm this?

Much of the Community work will be under the radar and it's not a quick fix, but we are trying to change things.

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's the justification they give to prove their support that baffles me.

Why do you support Liverpool?

My Dad did, so we have a family connection.

So your Dad used to take you to Anfield when you were a child?

No. But he always wanted to see them play, so I am following in his footsteps.

By not seeing them?

Eh? Who do you support? Bristol City. They're rubbish, what Premier League team do you follow, you must have a second team.

No. Just City.

Well, if you don't follow a top side, how can you call yourself a football fan....

*sighs*

Almost the perfect definition of a "plastic".

The classic question I often get is “yeah, but what Premier League team do you support?”!

Probably like a lot of you I often know more about the local Prem fans teams than they do.

Still at least Liverpool fans won’t mention this much going forward......

4 minutes ago, One Team said:

The classic question I often get is “yeah, but what Premier League team do you support?”!

Probably like a lot of you I often know more about the local Prem fans teams than they do.

Still at least Liverpool fans won’t mention this much going forward......

Funnily enough I was talking to someone last night and she asked who I support and when I said City she said  "oh ok and which big team do you support?"

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Bristol City and the Community team are working very hard to "spread the Robins gospel" among young Bristolians. I saw a stat recently that our home attendance's regularly include around 30% of young people. Can anyone else confirm this?

Much of the Community work will be under the radar and it's not a quick fix, but we are trying to change things.

Yep I heard that stat in an interview recently - can't remember who or the context but it was definitely stated.

Although I think it related to season cards - 30% are sold to people under the age of 19.

Archived