IGNORED

Champions League Final - Views

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I was in Tesco about an hour ago and saw a young lad, about 8 with his mum wearing a Man City shirt........kinda supports my ‘association’ theory.

I’ll bet at school his mates asked him who he ‘supports’  he’ll say Man City. If he said ‘Bristol City’ then they’d all laugh and take the piss............

There are plenty of young kids down the Gate on a Saturday with our shirts on who presumably are able to withstand the apparent piss taking they get at school!!

Like I said a fair (and increasing) number of the kids wearing Man City shirts at 8 will be down the Gate (or the swamp even) by the time they’re 14 when they realise their mates have a great day out watching their local team and they’re stuck at home with nobody to play FIFA against!!

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I was in Tesco about an hour ago and saw a young lad, about 8 with his mum wearing a Man City shirt........kinda supports my ‘association’ theory.

I’ll bet at school his mates asked him who he ‘supports’  he’ll say Man City. If he said ‘Bristol City’ then they’d all laugh and take the piss............

My son is 8 and wears his Bristol City kit to school on every non school uniform day and takes his Bristol City lunch box in every day. He supports one team. He says nobody has ever taken the piss out of him. 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

My son is 8 and wears his Bristol City kit to school on every non school uniform day and takes his Bristol City lunch box in every day. He supports one team. He says nobody has ever taken the piss out of him. 

I’m glad to hear that. He obviously goes to a decent school.........

On 01/06/2019 at 22:24, Offside said:

What an awful game. Tottenham huffed and puffed but never really looked like scoring. Liverpool looked knackered and couldn’t keep hold of the ball in the second half. 

I made the mistake of watching in the pub, so I was exposed to people with Bristolian accents celebrating wildly for a club based nearly 200 miles away. 

Embarrassing really is'nt it. I'll excuse a school kid who does'nt know any better but a fully grown adult hanging on to a team up north for a bit of glory in their life is a tad sad. 

It would have been a travesty if Liverpool didn't win a major trophy this season. You can't argue they haven't been worthy.

I’ve always made a point of not talking about football, to any one from Bristol who ‘supports’ a prem team.They have nothing to say that I want to listen to.

33 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

It would have been a travesty if Liverpool didn't win a major trophy this season. You can't argue they haven't been worthy.

Agree. I’ve not got anything against Liverpool and they deserved something this season. 

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

In that case there isn’t a local team in the country before Tier 8 and if we bucked the trend and filled the team with Bristolians managed by Lewis Carey and started getting tanked every week you would be the first on here moaning about it?.

At a time when we have 21k in the ground every week including plenty of young un’s and have given the likes of Bryan, Reid and Kelly the platform to go and earn stupid money in the Premiership with the likelihood of more to follow if they are good enough perhaps you should be more positive?

I'm not complaining - doesn't really bother me. I'm just pointing out to those who moan about Bristolians liking 'other' football teams that our local teams are hardly Bristolian themselves!

On 02/06/2019 at 18:41, AshtonGreat said:

I think the sooner people get used to the idea that people from a certain city don't always support that city's team, the better

I for one will never ‘get used to it’ really struggle to see the whole point of it? 99% of them just watch ‘their team’ from their armchairs or the pub whilst never going to an actual game, query them on why they don’t go to City or R*vers games and the majority of the time you’ll get something along the lines of “yeah but they are both crap, never win anything do they, what leagues are they in now?” They really haven’t got a clue what being football fan is all about, if more them and there are thousands of them in Bristol bothered to support us or those pikeys then perhaps we’d both of done better than we have over the years?

21 hours ago, RedDave said:

Alright Gary, how is your brother Pete doing?

Archived