IGNORED

Mo Eisa signed for Peterborough (Merged)

WAHGS.

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I agree, we do not have that luxury with our income levels, the cumulative spending on these players equates easily to the Reid fee. We had to sell last summer to balance this type of spending, it is a luxury we cannot afford unless we really feel they are going to be troubling the first team very very soon. (Bradley Dack/Kemer Roofe types) or spend  bigger fees on a player like DaSIlva . I think the LJ comments are very in line with that , less quantity more quality. Of course LJ would also prefer to still have Reid/Kelly and Bryan as they would be the core of a Prem potential side. He cannot keep losing those type  players and build a serious promotion chasing side. 

FFP was the reason for summer 2018 and relative restraint in January...the Kelly sale I am a bit disappointed in but I suppose it had to happen- hope it is properly reinvested.

17 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Johnson clearly did not want Eisa. Just before we signed him Johnson said something like 'there might be one or two club signings and that will be about it.' Club signings? Surely that means done by the club and not him. It is a strange one.

Perhaps he meant "another club in the bag" Someone else used to say that, can't remember who.

17 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Johnson clearly did not want Eisa. Just before we signed him Johnson said something like 'there might be one or two club signings and that will be about it.' Club signings? Surely that means done by the club and not him. It is a strange one.

‘ club ‘ signings as opposed to first team signings I suppose. 

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I reckon last season was a bit of a wake up call for the club with regard to the quality of loans.

It's the first time in a while I can remember 3 Of them being on the pitch at one time, and you could see the positive effect it had on the rest of the team.

I think the thing with loans is that they can be hit or miss. But in the championship now, they are seen as a cheaper invaluable part of team building; due to the massive hike in transfer fees and wages. Plus of course, if they don't work they're going back to their parent clubs anyhow.

I reckon at least 2-3 incoming now, and another couple on Jan. Depending on where we are.

Can't always go cap in hand to Chelsea though. 

I don’t see it as going ‘ cap in hand ‘ it is a win / win deal for both clubs .

It helps to smooth out negotiations if the two clubs know and trust each other and I’m sure Chelsea don’t see themselves as looking down on little old Bristol City .

We have benefited them with some good loans for their players , notably Tammy’s breakthrough into men’s football.

3 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I reckon last season was a bit of a wake up call for the club with regard to the quality of loans.

It's the first time in a while I can remember 3 Of them being on the pitch at one time, and you could see the positive effect it had on the rest of the team.

I think the thing with loans is that they can be hit or miss. But in the championship now, they are seen as a cheaper invaluable part of team building; due to the massive hike in transfer fees and wages. Plus of course, if they don't work they're going back to their parent clubs anyhow.

I reckon at least 2-3 incoming now, and another couple on Jan. Depending on where we are.

Can't always go cap in hand to Chelsea though. 

The trouble is, the new loan rules. Clubs can’t go about loaning 30+ players a season now, so they have to decide which players of the restricted bunch will they loan out now & then you have to take into account the relationship between those clubs (affiliates) & are those players that are what we want on their list to be loaned out?

The choice of available players may not be of the required ability for us or they could be seen as being o Premier League quality. It will be a lot tougher to get our preferred loan targets now unless we can get a proper relationship going with one of the big clubs.

3 hours ago, Sturny said:

Thought Eisa was worth the punt at the time. Not been massively expensive and just hasn't worked out. Should've been loaned out tbh 

At the time I thought £1.5m was a lot to pay little’ol Cheltenham. Hearing that it was £800k up front and £200k this summer makes it feel better. 

Injury didn’t help him, but also going one up top didn’t either!!!!

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

The trouble is, the new loan rules. Clubs can’t go about loaning 30+ players a season now, so they have to decide which players of the restricted bunch will they loan out now & then you have to take into account the relationship between those clubs (affiliates) & are those players that are what we want on their list to be loaned out?

The choice of available players may not be of the required ability for us or they could be seen as being o Premier League quality. It will be a lot tougher to get our preferred loan targets now unless we can get a proper relationship going with one of the big clubs.

I'm pretty sure (stand to be corrected) that the new loan rules are due to come in summer 2020.

Thus next season would be the last one under the existing rules.

4 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I'm pretty sure (stand to be corrected) that the new loan rules are due to come in summer 2020.

Thus next season would be the last one under the existing rules.

Correct, but the player’s value to the loaning out club, is this summer.  Next summer without the loan cash-cow some if those players are gonna be significantly lower.  It’s why I don’t think we ‘need’ to pay £9-10m for Kalas (as some suggest), but c£5-6m.

But I’m hoping MA knows this and will calibrate accordingly.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Correct, but the player’s value to the loaning out club, is this summer.  Next summer without the loan cash-cow some if those players are gonna be significantly lower.  It’s why I don’t think we ‘need’ to pay £9-10m for Kalas (as some suggest), but c£5-6m.

But I’m hoping MA knows this and will calibrate accordingly.

One idea which could appeal to all parties subject to Kalas of course and his wishes.

Could split the difference a bit. £1.5-2m loan fee plus wages of course this season, then obligation to buy summer 2020 for said £5-6m fee. 

See this sort of thing in Italian transfer market a fait bit. Many clubs there don't have a lot of cash so naturally have to maximise resources.

Could say Championship due to rising costs combined with a huge TV gap to PL in a simisr position.

DM said in video that they have broken their transfer record. Anyone know what it was previously?

Good business all round. Mo wasn’t going to get a look in any time soon and sounds like we’ve recouped our £1m and maybe made a bit of profit.

I wonder if he’ll become a championship striker in a few years and come back to haunt us though?

1 minute ago, B-Rizzle said:

DM said in video that they have broken their transfer record. Anyone know what it was previously?

http://www.uptheposh.com/records/transfers/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterborough_United_F.C.#Record_transfers and https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/each-of-the-92-football-league-clubs-record-transfer-signings-ranked-in-order-1-8808441?page=11 all suggest £1.25m for Britt Assombalonga

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Good luck to the lad . Didn’t have a chance with us . But wouldn’t be surprised to see him score goals for them 

They've a good history of signing strikers from leagues below. Good move for him and I'm sure he can be a success there. Record signing for them as well.

Better to recoup most of the money given the chance now than lose even more by not playing the kid ala Engvall. LJ said we are looking for Premier League ready footballers, I guess he didn’t see that in him. Probably best for all parties. Good luck to him. 

Archived