IGNORED

Mo Eisa signed for Peterborough (Merged)

WAHGS.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Clearing the ranks for major investment up front? Wouldnt be surprised to see Taylor and even Diedhiou also leave.

I’ll be surprised if Diedhiou left. We need to add to him not start all over. At the end of the day he is very comparable to Assombolonga statistically. Think to get promoted you need quality depth in attacking areas. Adding to what we have is key for me. 

11 minutes ago, westonred said:

We need to bring in 3 strikers now possibly 4 if Taylor goes as well

If Taylor goes as well then I expect us to sign 2. That'll be 5 strikers, possibly Szmodics coming too who can play up top, so that's plenty of options.

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Club record transfer apparently, meaning that it’s over £1.25m - another good bit of business by City ?

Wonder if 01.06.2019 is so it goes into 19/20’s accounts....a little bit of transfer profit won’t harm.

5 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Not pointless at all, We bought a prolific lower league striker who had every chance to make the step up. It didn't work out, we got our money back plus some.

Was he ever given that chance? We were crying out for somone to put the ball in the net on a regular basis all season

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Least he can get on with his career. Pointless signing.

There was a point to signing him though so surely that doesn't make it pointless?

3 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Good luck to eisa, but he wasnt going to make the grade here. 

Hopefully we start the season with a real top striker along with famara, weimann with semenyo as first reserve.

Hope Weimann is warming the bench most of the time, for all his running he ain't nowhere near being a "real top striker", never has been or will be.  

Spotted this on the P'Boro site from Darren Ferguson, didn't have to say it so nice to hear.

“I want to thank Lee Johnson and everyone at Bristol City because this has been going on for a little while and they have conducted themselves superbly throughout the process.

14 minutes ago, Gazred said:

They've a good history of signing strikers from leagues below. Good move for him and I'm sure he can be a success there. Record signing for them as well.

Absolutely and more evidence of the stability and sustainability mantra of buy ‘em cheap, develop them and sell on at a profit.

Obviously Eisa wasn’t quite ready to make the step up in standard and has moved into the level just below. Good move for all concerned.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If Taylor goes as well then I expect us to sign 2. That'll be 5 strikers, possibly Szmodics coming too who can play up top, so that's plenty of options.

Disagree mate 2 new, Diedhou and Szmodics would not be enough if we had 2 injured and 1 suspended we would be struggling.

Don't forget we lost 5 strikers season before last and only brought Eisa in we never replaced Duric and Engvail. 

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Was he ever given that chance? We were crying out for somone to put the ball in the net on a regular basis all season

Yes he was given a chance. He was in training with the squad for the entire season but seemingly didn't have the quality needed.

13 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Better to recoup most of the money given the chance now than lose even more by not playing the kid ala Engvall. LJ said we are looking for Premier League ready footballers, I guess he didn’t see that in him. Probably best for all parties. Good luck to him. 

We ended up making a profit 

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Paid 800k to Cheltenham didn't we ?

Got over 1.25m from Posh by most accounts.

Good business but shame it didn't work out for him here, he should do well for them.

Yes, recently reported by Jon Palmer (journo who is pretty reliable) that it was £1m (£800k up front, £200k this summer).

From an FFP perspective we will have amortised £333k, so if they’ve broken their record, then probably a fee in the region of £1.5m, so £833k transfer profit in 2019/20’s accounts already.  Wonder if the deal was specifically 01.06 to fall into this year’s accounts?

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

Disagree mate 2 new, Diedhou and Szmodics would not be enough if we had 2 injured and 1 suspended we would be struggling.

Don't forget we lost 5 strikers season before last and only brought Eisa in we never replaced Duric and Engvail. 

Diedhiou, Striker A, Striker B, Weimann and Sememyo. Szmodics as an emergency 6th option. I guess it depends what type Striker A and striker B are, but I think another on top of that would mean at least one probably never plays.

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Good business but shame it didn't work out for him here, he should do well for them.

Yes good business , some people saying 1.6 million but had on good authority that it was 800 k plus plus , but we do now need to bring class in 

3 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

Yes he was given a chance. He was in training with the squad for the entire season but seemingly didn't have the quality needed.

And he was very poor against Plymouth. Like you say, if he isn't looking very good in training then what's he going to be like on match day? Probably not very good.

7 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Hope Weimann is warming the bench most of the time, for all his running he ain't nowhere near being a "real top striker", never has been or will be.  

He adds so much more to our game than just running. 

He's a good finisher with brilliant movement and has plenty of experience. 

Personally I'd be more than happy to see him starting for us next season

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Diedhiou, Striker A, Striker B, Weimann and Sememyo. Szmodics as an emergency 6th option. I guess it depends what type Striker A and striker B are, but I think another on top of that would mean at least one probably never plays.

I forgot about Weimann :laugh: I can see Sememyo going out on loan to be honest.

I think we need a fox in the box type striker and a big lump like Keiffer Moore and a bulldozer like Britt Assombalonga 

8 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

Another in the "didnt work out" file then.

26 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

How did they know he was any good? are they like we did going on his previous record at Cheltenham because they sure as hell didn't see much of him here, well not at a decent level anyway.

Likely to be a decent sell-on too and with their track record every likelihood that they will move him on in a year or two for a much bigger fee.

Cant see the negativity with some. We are a lower level Chelsea that invest in young talent whether or not they eventually make the grade with us. It’s a numbers game but by coming to us most will raise their value. There will always be some we don’t recoup but as long as we make good profit overall then we’re winning.

Archived