IGNORED

Mo Eisa signed for Peterborough (Merged)

WAHGS.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

OK let’s discuss it. If you are going to operate a  moneyball type of recruitment system it is likely to be hit and miss. People who say that we could have taken all the money paid for the “failures” and spent it on 1 or 2 quality players are missing out some of the facts. 

Those players come with signing on fees, high wages and have to be persuaded to sign for us, rather than multiple big teams vying for their signature. They are likely to be more established and be at the top of their value on signing.

The players in the moneyball market are going to be hoping we will be a stepping stone to better things, unlikely to command top money and as with Eisa, be more likely to make us some money even if they move on.

Of course there will be Engvalls, but there are failures in the other market as well, we could have been saddled with Ross McCormack for example.

The problem generally is that in both markets you are dealing with human beings, not robots so there are huge variables in the process.

I thought that talking sense was forbidden on OTIB!

35 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

You may be grasping at straws there I think. Is it so hard to accept that our club has just done a decent bit of business.and just say well done ?

We can all find times where we have made a loss but our transfer trading over the last 12 months has been absolutely outstanding. Mark Ashton and Lee Johnson should take due credit whether it’s selling players on that they brought in  to the club or improving the value of players brought in before their tenure. 

Ummm yeah.

They took a punt on a player, thought he wouldn’t make it and have done a very good job of minimising the loss. I’m not going go la la land and think they’ve profited; that seems very unlikely. But we took a punt and offloaded with a minimal loss. I don’t expect every punt to work out, that’s pie in the sky, but this could have gone the way of Engval, and we will have more that go the way of Engval - that’s normal, and I don’t even say he was bad business; you have to speculate to accumulate. 

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Hope Weimann is warming the bench most of the time, for all his running he ain't nowhere near being a "real top striker", never has been or will be.  

I know it's sunny but keep of the Source when posting would you? Anyone with a brain would rate Wiemann. 

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Kodja too  on the inherited cash cow list . Tomlin we certainly did not break even on, and someone been massaging the numbers if Eisa is 500k profit. Not a hope, but good damage limitation. 

Tomlin is a strange one.  Originally thought fee was around £2.5m to £3.0m, and then Cardiff paid anywhere between £1.9m (Warnock’s claim) and £2.9m.  None of us know.  I reckon that (as he had 2 years left of a 3 year contract) that we recouped the amount of value left on his contract.  We probably did lose a few quid in terms of net, but probably break even for FFP....and the intangible profit of getting a royal pain in the arse out of the club and off our wage bill ?

12 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

I know it's sunny but keep of the Source when posting would you? Anyone with a brain would rate Wiemann. 

HaHa, it's a matter of opinion. FACTS are last season he managed to score 10, and that was the first time he had got to double figures in a season. Yes he runs his socks off, his movement is good, but his shooting from anywhere outside the 6 yard box is woeful and when carrying the ball on the run his final pass is often poor too. 

We simply need a forward with a better strike rate than that if we are going to try and improve again.

Well according to the Posh Chairman  ‘other clubs’ were in for Mo “big time’ so if we’ve managed as you say to make a loss on a player in such high demand 29AR then all I can say is wow. Cancel the Champagne ‘Ashton out’!

8 days of hard negotiations to make a loss. You just wouldn’t believe it !

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Given his signing on fee, agents fee and wages, employment costs etc, I expect there is a loss unless we get a sell on fee. 

But you just have to accept you’re gonna have to pay wages (unless you’re Bolton!).  If you wanna factor that in, then perhaps you need to split the club’s income across each player too?

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

Just had a look on the Posh website to see what they are saying about Mo and noticed they have made 5 signings already. Know who they want and get it done same as Cotterill  did. 

Beevers and Butler (heh heh sounds like a US cartoon) are astute signings, and i sense this might be their season to get back up to the Champ.  Just backed them e/w at 12/1.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But you just have to accept you’re gonna have to pay wages (unless you’re Bolton!).  If you wanna factor that in, then perhaps you need to split the club’s income across each player too?

Beevers and Butler (heh heh sounds like a US cartoon) are astute signings, and i sense this might be their season to get back up to the Champ.  Just backed them e/w at 12/1.

Not a bad shout that.

I'm going to put a few quid on.

21 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Well according to the Posh Chairman  ‘other clubs’ were in for Mo “big time’ so if we’ve managed as you say to make a loss on a player in such high demand 29AR then all I can say is wow. Cancel the Champagne ‘Ashton out’!

8 days of hard negotiations to make a loss. You just wouldn’t believe it !

Absolutely not, seven figures for someone who’s played 6 games in 12 months; get a Jeroboam. 

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Why ?

Peterborough record fee was 1.25m and their chairman say they've broken that record.

City paid 800k for Eisa with another 200k due in the summer (not sure if that is now payable).

500k profit is quite believable imo.

You reckon Posh paid that? Buy a timeshare from Darren ?

10 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Why the baffled look. This and Engval might bite us on the ass.

Why would a transfer where we lost no money (maybe even making a profit) bite us on the ass?

Also the 1 million lost on engvall, whilst not being good business, is hardly going to ruin the club...

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Wiemann is a good championship striker, and worthy of a place in our squad, but he isnt a real top championship striker in my book,,, derby wouldnt have sold him to us for 1.8 if he was assombalonga.

6 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Wiemann is a good championship striker, and worthy of a place in our squad, but he isnt a real top championship striker in my book,,, derby wouldnt have sold him to us for 1.8 if he was assombalonga.

Wiemann has never been a prolific striker but he does bring plenty of energy and stamina, both qualities that LJ admires. The difference between him and Taylor is the goal ratio.

Wiemann had his best goal return in the Championship last season whereas Taylor is still adjusting to the step up in quality.

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Hope Weimann is warming the bench most of the time, for all his running he ain't nowhere near being a "real top striker", never has been or will be.  

Yep.........that hat trick against sheff utd away, was just a matter of 3 complete flukes.  Can we maybe support our players, rather than criticise a guy who ALWAYS gives 100 per cent?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

A decent keeper too in Pym from Exeter for nowt.

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The fact that people are bashing the club over a signing that we appear to have made a profit on is a bit weird, frankly.

Undisclosed , if we made a profit im sure the fee would of been publicized,  pointless signing never given a chance ,only signed for one reason , well three to be exact ....

11 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Undisclosed , if we made a profit im sure the fee would of been publicized,  pointless signing never given a chance ,only signed for one reason , well three to be exact ....

Let’s think about it. 

We signed him for 800k rising to 1 million. 

Peterborough broke their transfer record to sign him, a record that had stood at 1.25 million. 

I’m no mathematician but that sounds like a profit to me

Fees are never disclosed nowadays anyway, apart from when they are record transfers, like this one...

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Paid 800k to Cheltenham didn't we ?

Got over 1.25m from Posh by most accounts.

Good business but shame it didn't work out for him here, he should do well for them.

I expect we paid that 425k profit on Eisa's wages for a year, so not really good business at all

5 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

No not good buisness. He was never given a chance id rather got rid of fammy hes basically a 3rd tier player like eisa but eisa not given ago. Joke get fammy out 

2 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

Weiman not good enough fammy not good enough. Lets go sign some more lower league players and sell on. Get quality from the start stop penny pinching 

You really don’t have a clue do you...

Archived