IGNORED

Joey Barton fighting again (Merged)

Unan

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Will be interesting how this gets dealt with, a supporter being charged with ABH would be banned surely?

I do suspect that if he is charged Fleetwood would have grounds to sack him anyway?

You’d think they’d definitely sack him for punching another manager?!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Will be interesting how this gets dealt with, a supporter being charged with ABH would be banned surely?

I do suspect that if he is charged Fleetwood would have grounds to sack him anyway?

Surprised they didn't when it happened

• Admin
2 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

You’d think they’d definitely sack him for punching another manager?!

22 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Surprised they didn't when it happened

I guess the club could have opened themselves up to prosecution for wrongful dismissal until he was charged with the offence

I'm surprised they haven't suspended him since the charge came through

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

I guess the club could have opened themselves up to prosecution for wrongful dismissal until he was charged with the offence

I'm surprised they haven't suspended him since the charge came through

Still presumed innocent until convicted. 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Reported on Talk Sport this morning that the other guy had reconstructive teeth surgery following the alleged incident that Barton denies. Lucky to be charged with just ABH. Easier to prove than GBH.

Out of interest which is the more serious charge, ABH or GBH?

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest which is the more serious charge, ABH or GBH?

Gbh, it includes 'intent' to cause serious long term bodily harm, including but not limited to broken bones or body disfigurement. Normally use of a weapon or being guilty of a planned attack is enough to turn Abh in to Gbh. 

7 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

ABH inside a football stadium should be an automatic banning order (if found guilty). Sign on at his local nick every Saturday at 3pm for the next 5 yrs.....lets see ??

Should certainly get sacked. I would imagine he might avoid a ban as football is his career. Much like taxi drivers have been able to avoid driving bans (they would normally have received) as it would affect their livelihood.  

3 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Should certainly get sacked. I would imagine he might avoid a ban as football is his career. Much like taxi drivers have been able to avoid driving bans (they would normally have received) as it would affect their livelihood.  

Whilst this may be the case, I have to counter argue it (not with you Richard, but with the leniency of the law). 

If its your livelihood, and you get a driving ban, then as my dad would always teach me, tough shit. Serves you right for being a fool and you learn the hard way. 

Joey Barton has had more chances than most, and still hasn't learned. Ban him for 5 years. So what if that affects his job, he's got enough money, I'm sure he'll survive, but that doesn't even come into it, as you don't just go around punching people. If I did it in my office, I'd be sacked. Without a doubt, obviously. If we did it at Ashton Gate, we'd be banned. Don't see why he should be let off. He might learn to engage brain before his fists next time...but I doubt it. 

12 hours ago, Akira said:

Whilst this may be the case, I have to counter argue it (not with you Richard, but with the leniency of the law). 

If its your livelihood, and you get a driving ban, then as my dad would always teach me, tough shit. Serves you right for being a fool and you learn the hard way. 

Joey Barton has had more chances than most, and still hasn't learned. Ban him for 5 years. So what if that affects his job, he's got enough money, I'm sure he'll survive, but that doesn't even come into it, as you don't just go around punching people. If I did it in my office, I'd be sacked. Without a doubt, obviously. If we did it at Ashton Gate, we'd be banned. Don't see why he should be let off. He might learn to engage brain before his fists next time...but I doubt it. 

More importantly what are your views on the, now high likelihood, of the live action Akira film being scraped?

3 hours ago, Unan said:

More importantly what are your views on the, now high likelihood, of the live action Akira film being scraped?

Off topic but from what I know, anything the Americans were doing to great Asian films, has been awful. Truly awful. So I'm glad it's been scrapped. You mention the classic horror Ring to a lot of people, they'll talk about the American film. Which is dire. And it's that reason, that I can't stand these remakes. But anyway, that's a topic for non-football chat! 

3 hours ago, Unan said:

Can I answer too? Its good news!

OG Akira is still up there with the all time-greats and I dread to think what the US would have done with it. That said it could have been okay but why bother in the first place? Bit like most of these Disney remakes of late.

4 hours ago, Akira said:

Off topic but from what I know, anything the Americans were doing to great Asian films, has been awful. Truly awful. So I'm glad it's been scrapped. You mention the classic horror Ring to a lot of people, they'll talk about the American film. Which is dire. And it's that reason, that I can't stand these remakes. But anyway, that's a topic for non-football chat! 

3 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

Can I answer too? Its good news!

OG Akira is still up there with the all time-greats and I dread to think what the US would have done with it. That said it could have been okay but why bother in the first place? Bit like most of these Disney remakes of late.

I'm actually very disappointed!

Don't get me wrong I was expecting it to be absolute dross, but watching it with that expectation I could have been pleasantly surprised, although it's highly likely that I (we) would have been correct.

The last time I was excited for a live action film was that Dragonball Evolution(?), I was only 13 though so I shouldn't necessarily have known how bad it'd be.

Apologies for derailing the thread, but are there any US films that have actually been better than their Asian originals in your opinions? I quite liked the new Godzilla & only being born in 95 the Japanese original doesn't have that appeal to me. 

5 hours ago, alexukhc said:

BS if this gets dropped I’m fuming, I was charged and went to court for ABH/ common assault this month, with no previous and I get 18 month criminal discharge and a huge fine, I never even touched the bloke ?

What evidence did they have then?

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I saw his Bristol City tattoo and thought 'Yep, he's going down'

Judge Miah

Actually somehow knew I was covered in tattoos, my legs and arms, yet I had trousers and a coat on :laugh:! 

1 hour ago, luke_bristol said:

What evidence did they have then?

CCTV I raised my head but didn’t connect

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

Actually somehow knew I was covered in tattoos, my legs and arms, yet I had trousers and a coat on :laugh:! 

CCTV I raised my head but didn’t connect

I did jury service about 15 years ago and one of the defendants and a large BCFC tattoo- I couldn't believe my luck!!

• Admin

Fleetwood Town manager Joey Barton will go on trial next year accused of assaulting former Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel following a match last season.

Barton, 37, is alleged to have pushed Stendel at Barnsley's Oakwell Stadium on 13 April this year, leaving him with a damaged tooth.

He pleaded not guilty to a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm at Sheffield Crown Court on Wednesday.

A provisional trial date for the former England player was set for 1 June.

Barnsley made formal complaints to the English Football League and the Football Association after the incident, which followed the Tykes' 4-2 win over Fleetwood in a League One fixture.

On 19/07/2019 at 07:21, Miah Dennehy said:

I did jury service about 15 years ago and one of the defendants and a large BCFC tattoo- I couldn't believe my luck!!

Can’t stand brummies either.

Archived