IGNORED

Showing your hand early

Edge1981

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I have a much greater grasp on transfers than you do...............:cool2:

Care to explain?

I think it would be really good for everyone to understand exactly how the transfer market works in detail. 

B.  LJ and MA will already have lined up potential targets. Some of the work will have been done in securing those targets most of whom are off on their hols at present.

Things will start moving in earnest after June 30th when most players contracts expire and everyone is back to work.

As to fees rising because we have money, we have proved in the past that we wont be held to ransom and pay over the odds.

10 hours ago, Edge1981 said:

But do we have to announce sales straight away? Would it not be in our best interests to delay the announcement until after we have signed a replacement player? 

If I was a selling club, I’d add a few million on players worthy simply knowing that city were interested regardless of the players value.

There’s no point not announcing someone’s gone especially as the 2 players that have gone have been announced by the other clubs!

we might have fees agreed with other clubs already, plus other clubs know that we got money and that we have a set budget and are reasonably good at sticking to it!

Clubs signing players will of course want to announce it, they will want to sell more season tickets, make a statement of intent and use their activity in the transfer market to encourage more players to join them.

As for City showing their hand early.... we have sold a lot of players the last couple of years, we lose millions every year and we have a billionaire owner who has his hands tied by FFP.

Don't think we would ever be expected to pay over the odds for a player, should we meet the valuation a club put on them.

I think that clubs' understandings of the finances of other clubs will be slightly more nuanced than just seeing the transfer fee they sold their last player for. 

I'd imagine there's quite a lot more that goes in to negotiation than that.

11 hours ago, Edge1981 said:

OK, so I am making this post off of the back of selling Kelly and Eisa. I’m sure we are likely to sell others (O’Dowda, Taylor and possibly even a Brownhill and Webster). 

But, why are we announcing player sales prior to bringing players in? Surely when buying players we would be in a better/stronger position having not sold anyone or at least announcing what we have sold them for? We could then go to buy players saying “we haven’t got the funds to buy your player as we haven’t got the money” and thus negotiate a cheaper price? Surely when we go in to buy a player for a club the chairman will up the price accordingly, knowing we have the money from the Kelly and Eisa sales available?

So is it that...

A) the buying clubs insist on announcing their purchase as soon as the deal is done and we can’t delay the announcing it?

B) we have players lined up prior to sales do not worried with banding the figures around? 

C) we don’t care as we will be only pay what we think a player is worth regardless

or

D) something I haven’t thought of...

Maybe the quality of player we are after currently earns more money and can afford a longer holiday. 

OK, so I am making this post off of the back of selling Kelly and Eisa. I’m sure we are likely to sell others (O’Dowda, Taylor and possibly even a Brownhill and Webster). 

But, why are we announcing player sales prior to bringing players in? Surely when buying players we would be in a better/stronger position having not sold anyone or at least announcing what we have sold them for? We could then go to buy players saying “we haven’t got the funds to buy your player as we haven’t got the money” and thus negotiate a cheaper price? Surely when we go in to buy a player for a club the chairman will up the price accordingly, knowing we have the money from the Kelly and Eisa sales available?

So is it that...

A) the buying clubs insist on announcing their purchase as soon as the deal is done and we can’t delay the announcing it?

B) we have players lined up prior to sales do not worried with banding the figures around? 

C) we don’t care as we will be only pay what we think a player is worth regardless

or

D) something I haven’t thought of...

Mate you know how it is,

” These things take time”

Why do you always make these type of replies to threads?

Why do you always try to belittle the person starting a topic? 

Why do you post on a forum? 

No need to bite when Lucan makes a wind up comment. After all he hasn’t seen us since he left his clothes on a beach somewhere in November 1974. 

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

B.  LJ and MA will already have lined up potential targets. Some of the work will have been done in securing those targets most of whom are off on their hols at present.

Things will start moving in earnest after June 30th when most players contracts expire and everyone is back to work.

As to fees rising because we have money, we have proved in the past that we wont be held to ransom and pay over the odds.

I would be amazed if the ground work hasn’t already been done on potential signings and I dare say there are and have been negotiations going on already with clubs, players &  their agents

Whilst the club will have a budget, Mark Ashton appears to be very good at ensuring that budget is not breeched

Archived