IGNORED

Nations League Thread

cidercity1987

I think England have looked pretty comfortable. Can Holland keep this pressing for 90? Doubt it. England defended well and nearly got second then on break so doing well.

22 hours ago, Unan said:

Fair play to Ronaldo he always turns up for internationals unlike Messi

Ronaldo and Messi have a very similar goals to games ratio on the international stage, and the opposition in South America is far tougher than most of the teams Portugal face in Europe 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think England have looked pretty comfortable. Can Holland keep this pressing for 90? Doubt it. England defended well and nearly got second then on break so doing well.

I thought we’ve looked poor.

Especially in midfield and the back four.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I thought we’ve looked poor.

Especially in midfield and the back four.

They've been pressing like mad though which is not easy to deal with. England should have a lot more in the tank now for second half

10 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Ronaldo and Messi have a very similar goals to games ratio on the international stage, and the opposition in South America is far tougher than most of the teams Portugal face in Europe 

How many beers have you drunk to come to that conclusion?

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

What chances have the ones in orange had?

Netherlands haven't created many clear cut chances- besides the one Stones gifted them and Wijnaldum took 5 years to get his shot away at the end of the half. But they have been the team in control of the game and played some beautiful stuff at times. 

England have, for the most part contrived to give the ball away as often as possible, though on the rare occasions they managed to pass to a teammate, we have looked a bit of a threat on the counter, Rashfords chance being an example where he was tackled by the last man. 

However that is literally 1 good chance each since I started watching just after the penalty.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Netherlands haven't created many clear cut chances- besides the one Stones gifted them and Wijnaldum took 5 years to get his shot away at the end of the half. But they have been the team in control of the game and played some beautiful stuff at times. 

England have, for the most part contrived to give the ball away as often as possible, though on the rare occasions they managed to pass to a teammate, we have looked a bit of a threat on the counter, Rashfords chance being an example where he was tackled by the last man. 

However that is literally 1 good chance each since I started watching just after the penalty.

England defended comfortably imo. Could have done better on ball but clearly look like they have more firepower. Happy to see them let Netherlands do all their pretty stuff and hit them on the break with pace.

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

How many beers have you drunk to come to that conclusion?

To be fair, the South American qualifying competitions are much tougher. Argentina play Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay and Peru. 

Compare that to Ronaldo who faced Switzerland, the Faroe Islands, Andorra, Hungary and Latvia in his last World Cup qualification group and I can see where @AshtonGreat is coming from

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

To be fair, the South American qualifying competitions are much tougher. Argentina play Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay and Peru. 

Compare that to Ronaldo who faced Switzerland, the Faroe Islands, Andorra, Hungary and Latvia in his last World Cup qualification group and I can see where @AshtonGreat is coming from

Ronaldo / Messi arguments are so tiresome. Please stop.

Archived