IGNORED

Jonny Smith

NcnsBcfc

Does anyone know if this guy is still under contract for next season; or even if he's been offered a new one?

Of all of our loanees over the last two seasons. He has certainly been one of the most successful. Yet he is never really spoken about on either the forums or by the club.

Other players have been given contract extensions for far less successful periods (Moore/Hinds/Holden/lemonheigh as examples). But Jonny seems to been forgotten.

I saw him play for us at Bitten last year during the 2nd half when the under 23s played , and you could tell the that he looked a good player.

All really strange on the club's part.

4 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Does anyone know if this guy is still under contract for next season; or even if he's been offered a new one?

Of all of our loanees over the last two seasons. He has certainly been one of the most successful. Yet he is never really spoken about on either the forums or by the club.

Other players have been given contract extensions for far less successful periods (Moore/Hinds/Holden/lemonheigh as examples). But Jonny seems to been forgotten.

I saw him play for us at Bitten last year during the 2nd half when the under 23s played , and you could tell the that he looked a good player.

Not really forgotten, he has been in and out of the Tranmere side all season, sounds like some good performances, some poor performances and some average ones.

Dare say the lad has learnt a lot.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not really forgotten, he has been in and out of the Tranmere side all season, sounds like some good performances, some poor performances and some average ones.

Dare say the lad has learnt a lot.

So we have a lad, who had a really good season in the nation league. Followed by being part of a team that won promotion to league 1.

But we focus on 4 lads at a conference South team (yes I know there's the manager link); and give contract extensions to players who haventvreally performed at their loan club's ( Hinds/Holden/moore/Bakinson after Jan).

Smith is only 19. I'm calling he wants out.

28 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

So we have a lad, who had a really good season in the nation league. Followed by being part of a team that won promotion to league 1.

But we focus on 4 lads at a conference South team (yes I know there's the manager link); and give contract extensions to players who haventvreally performed at their loan club's ( Hinds/Holden/moore/Bakinson after Jan).

4 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

He turns 22 next month. 

They age quickly when on loan. 

20 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Thought he is about 21. He signed a new deal before he went to Tranmere. Probably year or two left on that. Tranmere fans always seemed impressed with him but Mickey Mellon likes experienced players. Smith was getting in pretty regularly before injury and I guess if he came back and they were winning without him then would always be hard to get back in. Think league two, maybe even league one loan next season for him.

As for concentrating on other players. Well we give contract extensions to all players who they feel have the potential to make it. All those you mentioned have a lot of potential, just like Smith has. We will involve some that make the necessary improvements, and sell others for so many hundreds of thousands with sell on percentage of profit. You'd expect Moore, Bakinson and Holden to at least make it to league one level. Not so sure on Hinds, he hasn't seemed to have developed much but could be late developer. Hard to say which ones will make it with us, there's so many with the potential but obviously a number of them won't improve enough.

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

There is plenty of talk about him and all the other loaners in the Loan Watch thread. @stanley did an interview with a Tranmere fan on the OSIB podcast, where the guy said that he has been good when he played, but suffered a lack of game time when Mickey Mellon changed the teams formation at Xmas. 

I am sure he got a mention on at least one of LJ’s interviews too. 

The match day squad consists of 17 players, we have had lots of players out on loan, I don’t really understand why people want to create a conspiracy theory around every player not involved or getting headlines on the official site.

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

JD.

Moore has just completed a season in League One at Southend.

Is that a message to me? Yes he has

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There is plenty of talk about him and all the other loaners in the Loan Watch thread. @stanley did an interview with a Tranmere fan on the OSIB podcast, where the guy said that he has been good when he played, but suffered a lack of game time when Mickey Mellon changed the teams formation at Xmas. 

The match day squad consists of 17 players, we have had lots of players out on loan, I don’t really understand why people want to create a conspiracy theory around every player not involved or getting headlines on the official site.

You've been on here 7 years PSR and you still don't understand this? :) 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

No conspiracy Port.

Just wondered why we only have him a years extension; rather than the 3 years that we have to Hinds/Bakinson and Holden. As well as the new longer contracts for the boys at Torquay.

I get we are hoping they turn into late developers like Reid and Bryan. But we are now carrying a load of 21-24 year olds that seem a long way away from the 1st team; and unlike Chelsea I'm guessing we're not getting loan fees for them.

7 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

No conspiracy Port.

Just wondered why we only have him a years extension; rather than the 3 years that we have to Hinds/Bakinson and Holden. As well as the new longer contracts for the boys at Torquay.

I get we are hoping they turn into late developers like Reid and Bryan. But we are now carrying a load of 21-24 year olds that seem a long way away from the 1st team; and unlike Chelsea I'm guessing we're not getting loan fees for them.

It’s a good point and something I was discussing elsewhere. 

I do believe that,despite signing a new contract, that LJ and perhaps SL too see this as a key season, and as such he will not have the luxury of tryouts very often. 

This could be a timing issue for a lot of the academy products. Developed down a path for Championship football only to see those goalposts moved, if the club makes yet another step up, with Johnson saying he wants Premiership ready players. They may have to work out how they can get them up another level.

Tinman goes to watch him quite regularly and retweets posts about this lad. Thinks a lot of him and believes in his ability, still relatively young but can see a L1 Loan next season to continue his development. He has pace, a good crosser and has an eye for goal 

It just depends if he can develop at the pace the club want him to and when he gets an opportunity 

I don’t understand he concern. The forum may have overlooked him a bit but I’m sure the club hasn’t. Tins monitors all the loan players and no doubt keeps in touch to check how they are feeling.

And as long as the receiving club pays most of the wages, we are simply sitting on an asset that may or may not make our team; just like Chelsea. 

On 02/06/2019 at 09:10, ncnsbcfc said:

He has been quietly doing well and currently I would put him in the COD level when he joined from Oxford.

Progressing nicely and very football aware now after successful seasons in the National League to play offs with Fylde and the League 2 to Promotion to league 1 with Tranmere  Rovers playing in 40 games along the way scoring 6 and 5 assists.

Promotion winners medal in his bag and a good attitude.

6 minutes ago, Garycpos said:

He has been quietly doing well and currently I would put him in the COD level when he joined from Oxford.

Progressing nicely and very football aware now after successful seasons in the National League to play offs with Fylde and the League 2 to Promotion to league 1 with Tranmere  Rovers playing in 40 games along the way scoring 6 and 5 assists.

Pretty much the same as the COD level now then!

Like to think Smith will bag a League One loan next season, you think Tranmere will have him back?

7 hours ago, Garycpos said:

If he is at that level then I'm excited

Archived