IGNORED

In the money?

wendyredredrobin

It appears that Mr Lansdown has sold another £129m worth of Hargreaves Lansdown shares and now owns shares in the firm worth £1 Billion.

Perhaps we might be a bit more bold in the transfer market than we anticipated this summer.

Not sure how much of this will be needed to fund stage 2 though.

This happened on the 23rd May, so not sure why I only noticed this today.

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He has done this in the past and it has (rightly) made no difference to our club. Don’t see why this one would be different

No difference to our club.....? Have you not looked round the place recently. £47 millions worth of stadium paid for by him.

17 minutes ago, Spoons said:

No difference to our club.....? Have you not looked round the place recently. £47 millions worth of stadium paid for by him.

3 minutes ago, David Brent said:

“mAde nO DifFeRenCe”

You think he wrote a cheque for £47m? Wow. 

Lansdown shouldn’t be bankrolling this club. 

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Where did I say he wrote a cheque for £47M? ?

That was more on the other poster.  What I am saying is that when Lansdown has sold shares in the past it hasn’t directly affecting the club. Mainly talking transfer budget which is what OP is talking about 

44 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You think he wrote a cheque for £47m? Wow. 

Lansdown shouldn’t be bankrolling this club. 

That's a whole wider debate- see Championship finances, it's just a nonsense in that sense this League...it is his choice though and we are all very grateful for his tenure in the main- but this division. Well.

Putting aside that aspect, the only way we as a club will IMO gain true self-sufficiency is PL. Or very minimize losses League One- this is the worst League of the top 4 by far in the country to roll over with sustainability or breaking even year in and year out let alone profit.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

10m invested to ensure adherence to FFP ?

Gives LJ an uplift to his transfer budget.

SL has invested £10 m in more shares has now been confirmed.....https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-lansdown-invests-extra-10m-2936355

I found the comments in this article somewhat awkward as it came across as.....he’s a good bloke, doesn’t demand much but as everyone’s doing the same what’s the story/difference ?

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

That was more on the other poster.  What I am saying is that when Lansdown has sold shares in the past it hasn’t directly affecting the club. Mainly talking transfer budget which is what OP is talking about 

Well it is directly affecting the club but I agree that it won’t make a change to Steve Lansdown’s attitude to transfers 

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

It’s just possible that he actually does things with his money that have nothing to do with City. 

Indeed. With that sort of money tied up in HL would seem sensible to start de-risking and diversifing into other things. Would only be doing that in stages so as not to destabilise HL's share price. Nothing to see here....

Archived