IGNORED

In the money?

wendyredredrobin

1 minute ago, bigbash said:

Could it be that he has purchased Keith Dawes' shares? He's recently stepped down as chairman so guessing he had some.

I’ve got one share. Do you think he’d make me an offer I can’t refuse?

15 minutes ago, bigbash said:

Could it be that he has purchased Keith Dawes' shares? He's recently stepped down as chairman so guessing he had some.

The filing at Companies House relates to new shares. Any movement of shares from Keith Dawes to the Lansdown family/Pula will be recorded in the next confirmation statement (due January 2020).

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

10m invested to ensure adherence to FFP ?

Gives LJ an uplift to his transfer budget.

Exactly that..... most owners inject about 6million into the club every year just to meet wages etc this with sales might just give us some breathing space for 1 or 2 quality signings. He's a clever man so let's let him do his thing we are in very safe hands now and in the future his dream is ours and we will get there.. 

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a whole wider debate- see Championship finances, it's just a nonsense in that sense this League...it is his choice though and we are all very grateful for his tenure in the main- but this division. Well.

Putting aside that aspect, the only way we as a club will IMO gain true self-sufficiency is PL. Or very minimize losses League One- this is the worst League of the top 4 by far in the country to roll over with sustainability or breaking even year in and year out let alone profit.

How many clubs in England dont run at a loss Mr P ? I assume not many.

SL's desire to see the club as self sufficient may not be wholly realistic unfortunately with ever increasing wages and transfer fees.

13 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

How many clubs in England dont run at a loss Mr P ? I assume not many.

SL's desire to see the club as self sufficient may not be wholly realistic unfortunately with ever increasing wages and transfer fees.

Yeah, agreed- it seems to be getting less and less the case each season. Obviously big profits on transfers can bring it about but that's usually a once off exceptional income, operationally not many at all I reckon.

Think the Championship has the worst of all worlds though in this respect, it has lots and lots of aspiring clubs- but a TV deal of £7m in a League where Neves cost £15m- cheap due to Mendes of course- but that alone shows the direction of travel IMO. Best chance in PL, or as a big fish yoyo/club in League One with occasional Championship stints say 1 in 2, 1 in 3, 2 in 5 years- and setting the cost base accordingly.

At this level, in any meaningful or sustained sense? No chance. Leeds who had an income of £40-45m season just gone so I've read varied estimates online, lost £15m (before allowable deductions granted) but we won't know until accounts out next year. If even a club with such a revenue base post 8 figure losses...has a sense of chasing our own tail if self sustainability at this level a genuine aim!

I think the best case scenario for when we're at this level is simply sustainability within FFP- as opposed to any sort of genuine breakeven over a period of time. PL it can be done but  a surprising number even posted losses 2017/18!

Oh yeah, the other problem with this League- Parachute Payments. Stabilisation is one thing, or even using it to pay players you cannot shift but who cannot be registered- that is one compromise solution- pay their wages but have them loaned to another club or in the reserves unable to be in 1st team squad. Certainly should be ring fenced from being used to buy costly new players, loan costly new players etc.

6 hours ago, Paulton Red said:

...or maybe he foresaw the 5% share price drop today?

Might be a reaction to his decision. Or actually his decision driving the market.

In any case, HL has been such a strong performaner in the past 5 years perhaps SL is cashing out and reinvesting elsewhere? I can't see the HL bull run contuing indefinitely. They have benefited so much from Tory liberalisation and QE. Not to mention low rates and this remarkable equities bull run since March 2009.

16 hours ago, RumRed said:

Agreed.  How lucky was that?

Mark Dampier, Lee Gardhouse & Steve Lansdown all sold down significant holdings just ahead of this news.  The FSA will surely investigate whether this is a case of insider trading (and then report that they found no evidence of any wrongdoing, of course ?).

9 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Mark Dampier, Lee Gardhouse & Steve Lansdown all sold down significant holdings just ahead of this news.  The FSA will surely investigate whether this is a case of insider trading (and then report that they found no evidence of any wrongdoing, of course ?).

Well yes because you can't be an investigatory body and not have anyone to investigate at the same time they wouldn't want to find something and have to do a shakedown on UK based companies. 

Archived