IGNORED

Are you taking the piss?

Unan

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

What's it got to do with Matt Parsons ? Why not contact whoever sent the email if there is a problem ?

He is the liaison officer, the email address that it was sent from is an automated one and most importantly I shouldn't have to chase up when money is taken from my account when it shouldn't be. Our last game was on the 5/5/19 so I've been charged a month for one game, something that I won't complain about as I've paid for the month service, but still being charged when the season is completely finished? audacious to say the least.

Just now, Unan said:

He is the liaison officer, the email address that it was sent from is an automated one.

Yes he is, and as such I can't see how its anything to do with him, all he can do is direct you to who you should be contacting anyway - supporter services I assume ?

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Yes he is, and as such I can't see how its anything to do with him, all he can do is direct you to who you should be contacting anyway - supporter services I assume ?

So he can tell City to stop taking the piss, and hopefully be able to give us an answer. He liases between us he isn't customer services.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Nothing to do with Matt Parsons @Unan, there's an email for BCTV issues and feedback on that email iirc.

Email them and they'll immediately refund you like they did with me.

Seems the sensible thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Nothing to do with Matt Parsons @Unan, there's an email for BCTV issues and feedback on that email iirc.

Thanks, I still believe Matt needs to feed this back to the appropriate staff as it's still a problem.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not seen him post on the forum for around a month though it's off-season- definitely needs feeding back if it is a recurring theme.

We haven't seen Matt for a while because he's been living the high life in the Caribbean on Unan's £12.50.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Whilst it might not be anything to do with the role Matt does, he would likely be in a healthy position to raise this with the club, avoiding already busy staff from dealing with loads of calls that could be nipped in the bud.

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Whilst it might not be anything to do with the role Matt does, he would likely be in a healthy position to raise this with the club, avoiding already busy staff from dealing with loads of calls that could be nipped in the bud.

I've got an inkling it might not be anything to do with the club but rather someone who's job involves dealing with enquiries from all the football league's playerhd issues. 

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Thanks to @Unan and yourself for posting these. Without it, I wouldn’t have known - the “successful payment” emails go straight in my junk as I never open them. Same for many others I guess, probably a thousand or so subscribers won’t bother emailing, or won’t open the email, so at a conservative estimate £4/5k into the bank for somebody.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Good point that.

If it's a recurring theme, best to get it escalated higher and quicker.

57 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Thanks to @Unan and yourself for posting these. Without it, I wouldn’t have known - the “successful payment” emails go straight in my junk as I never open them. Same for many others I guess, probably a thousand or so subscribers won’t bother emailing, or won’t open the email, so at a conservative estimate £4/5k into the bank for somebody.

Wouldn’t it be over £12k if a thousand subscribers ignored an email saying £12.50 had been taken from them? 

To be fair to people the way that the T&Cs and FAQs on the website are phrased is confusing, although they aren't misleading. Both talk about the auto renewal quite clearly, and if you read them cold then it is obvious that the monthly renewal is not limited to the season.

The FAQs https://www.bcfc.co.uk/bctv/bctvplus-faqs/ say that BCTV+ "Offers live video streaming outside the UK & Ireland on an annual or monthly basis, both options autorenew at the end of their terms. "

The T&Cs https://www.bcfc.co.uk/bctv/bctvplus-terms-conditions/ state in clause 5.2 "Your subscription is for the Subscription Period and will, unless we notify you otherwise, be automatically renewed at the end of the previous Subscription Period for a further equivalent period.". "Subscription Period" is defined in 4.1 as "the time period you have subscribed for". If you subscribe for a month then it renews for every month. There is no carve out for a month where no football is played.

So by the letter of the contract the club wouldn't have to refund a penny. However, it probably isn't unreasonable to be annoyed/surprised that a monthly payment for a service that is primarily concerned with watching live football matches automatically renews despite there being no live football matches during the new period.

I cancelled my subscription after the Hull game (that I'd only held for May and April) but I can see why people are a little surprised here. 

17 minutes ago, Lucan said:

I don't see the problem here. Do you pay more when a month comes up with extra matches?

It even explicitly tells you in the FAQ:

If you are on a monthly package it is an accepted risk that some months will have more live fixtures than others, so no refund will be given in those cases. While we realise that this might be frustrating we do not increase costs in months that have lots of games and this is an accepted risk by the club in that it will balance out over the course of the season.

Well they’ve been refunding everyone and acknowledging we shouldn’t have been charged. I imagine they will put a hold on payments during the summer break in the future. 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

If it was an annual cost it would make sense paying over 12 months, if it's just during the season then an error has occurred 

It’s a monthly subscription that you can stop at anytime, rather than a yearly subscription with the cost spread over 12 months. 

7 minutes ago, RedSA said:

It’s a monthly subscription that you can stop at anytime, rather than a yearly subscription with the cost spread over 12 months. 

If this is the case they hope you won’t notice rather than cancelling during the off season and resubscribing for the 1st game.  If you were paying a fixed fee over 12 months and they facilitated monthly payments then that would be different.

For example I stop and start Now TV all the time   So I can subscribe only when the programmes I’m interested are on.

Has to be said when I originally read the T&Cs I thought it was a yearly contract, hence why I didn’t wish to commit before I knew the quality and whether my connection from ‘Honduras’ ? would work.

Archived