IGNORED

Mark Little signed for Bristol Rovers (Merged)

frenchred

54 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Looks like Brean. Didn't realise there's a football stand on the beach...

Beach Hut that my dog uses for certain purposes!

Seriously, best wishes to Mark Little. He always gave of his best at City and as he hails from Worcester, it means he is closer to family again.

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

In footballing terms this seems a really odd move to me

The only rational reason I can think is that his family are set up in this area and wanted to come back?

Footballing wise, can't be for the money or the quality of the side he is signing for, but guess anything was a step up from the nonsense at Bolton

I just put this answer on the Bristol Rovers thread:

Info from my Social Media spies: Little has been renovating a house near Swansea for ages, at least a year if not more, their. ‘Forever Home’ . He and his wife/partner have just had a baby recently too. 

Does this explain the move a bit now?

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I just put this answer on the Bristol Rovers thread:

Info from my Social Media spies: Little has been renovating a house near Swansea for ages, at least a year if not more, their. ‘Forever Home’ . He and his wife/partner have just had a baby recently too. 

Does this explain the move a bit now?

Always lived in Newport when he was at City as the houses were cheaper. Very much into his property.

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I’ll just put this Cocklan quote here ;

’ He's got two promotions on his CV, an abundance of experience in the leagues and he knows what it takes to get out of this division."

Ponder on the phrase ‘ he knows what it takes to get out of this division ‘ ...

But he knows 'up tiddle e up up..

Not 'Down tiddle e down down....

Absolutely chuffed with this signing tbh. Excellent addition for what we are, lower half L1. A few of my red supporting 'acquaintances' have messaged me saying "never thought I'd say this but jealous of Bristol Rovers today" so bodes well that he comes with a glowing review.

If he he stays fit, then this could be a good signing for the gas.

However he has had injury problems over the last few years; and no doubt this signing would have taken up a significant amount of their signing budget.

Like all signings, there is always an element of a gamble; and we'll have to see whether this one pays off for them.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Absolutely chuffed with this signing tbh. Excellent addition for what we are, lower half L1. A few of my red supporting 'acquaintances' have messaged me saying "never thought I'd say this but jealous of Bristol Rovers today" so bodes well that he comes with a glowing review.

If ANY City fan really said this, they need to give their head a wobble !

image.png

BIG gamble for them, IF he stays fit he will be a massive asset to them in L1 BUT he won't have come cheap , in their £ terms, and he could be a big wage out injured. IF they have any sense a large part of the salary dependent on fitness/availability. 

Wow. Just read this on the official statement. Seems a really odd thing to write, almost like they’re worried about his fitness. Never seen anything like it before:

The 30-year old has a wealth of experience in the Football League, predominantly in the Championship, amassing just shy of 400 senior appearances; an average of just over 30 games per season.

when has average games per season ever been mentioned anywhere? They’re worried from the off!

13 minutes ago, grubby said:

BIG gamble for them, IF he stays fit he will be a massive asset to them in L1 BUT he won't have come cheap , in their £ terms, and he could be a big wage out injured. IF they have any sense a large part of the salary dependent on fitness/availability. 

Given they spend more time training than playing, I can't imagine many players would buy in to such a deal.

More chance of being injured on the training pitch than in a game.

Bolton must have been a nightmare and I'm not going to begrudge any decision Little makes given the issues with getting paid. He was a great player to watch and probably my favourite player in our promotion season. I'm glad he liked Bristol so much he wants to come back, even if I wish he had joined Forest Green instead...

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I’ll just put this Cocklan quote here ;

’ He's got two promotions on his CV, an abundance of experience in the leagues and he knows what it takes to get out of this division."

Ponder on the phrase ‘ he knows what it takes to get out of this division ‘ ...

All depends if Cockman can get him in "De Foinal Tird"....

1 hour ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Some of the comments on that forum are as hilarious as always..”my city mate text me saying I’d never thought I’d say this but I’m jealous of Rovers today for signing Little” ???

I look back at past teams and think ‘ruddy hell, we had players like Mark Little’*

*To be fair he was decent pre injury but was never quite the same player after, he looked a sad shadow of himself infact. I wonder which Mark Little the Gas are getting?!

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I look back at past teams and think ‘ruddy hell, we had players like Mark Little’*

*To be fair he was decent pre injury but was never quite the same player after, he looked a sad shadow of himself infact. I wonder which Mark Little the Gas are getting?!

He is bound to be an upgrade on what they had before.

But given his age and injury record, he could turn out to be a very expensive gamble for them. Can't imagine he will be at the lower end of the pay scale, and with his injury record and age, if he does well, there won't be anything approaching a transfer fee if he moves on (assuming he does well), so it is a fair old investment by the Fewers.

Which is surprising, as I thought they were trying to be run on a more sustainable basis.

Archived