IGNORED

Mark Little signed for Bristol Rovers (Merged)

frenchred

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I’ll just put this Cocklan quote here ;

’ He's got two promotions on his CV, an abundance of experience in the leagues and he knows what it takes to get out of this division."

Ponder on the phrase ‘ he knows what it takes to get out of this division ‘ ...

First or second or win the playoffs 

27 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

He is bound to be an upgrade on what they had before.

But given his age and injury record, he could turn out to be a very expensive gamble for them. Can't imagine he will be at the lower end of the pay scale, and with his injury record and age, if he does well, there won't be anything approaching a transfer fee if he moves on (assuming he does well), so it is a fair old investment by the Fewers.

Which is surprising, as I thought they were trying to be run on a more sustainable basis.

A bit like us with Gary O’Neil I guess?

Experience, has played at a higher level, could be good for the young ones, a leader (?) might be the plus points. Best days behind him, injury record, family living in another city, would command a hefty wage and age are certainly some negatives to consider.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I just put this answer on the Bristol Rovers thread:

Info from my Social Media spies: Little has been renovating a house near Swansea for ages, at least a year if not more, their. ‘Forever Home’ . He and his wife/partner have just had a baby recently too. 

Does this explain the move a bit now?

Exactly this reason. 

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

A bit like us with Gary O’Neil I guess?

Experience, has played at a higher level, could be good for the young ones, a leader (?) might be the plus points. Best days behind him, injury record, family living in another city, would command a hefty wage and age are certainly some negatives to consider.

Exactly like O'Neil. Fit and on form, he'll do a great job for them.

But his injury record might be a problem.

After the torrid time with Bolton and all of their off field money problems and players/staff not being paid I expect Litts was more than anxious to get fixed up with a club & obviously wasn't too choosy as he definitely could've done a lot better.

A fit and firing Litts bombing down the wing [mind the bobbles] is a sight to see.

A bit of a coup signing, but whether he can stay fit is another matter. 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Looks almost embarrassed..! 

7162FF55-3B1F-48C8-9E0A-659BB08E44E7.jpeg

Just about able to hide his embarrassment and trying desperately not to touch that rag.

Looks just like the University of Bolton Stadium. from the UBol to the toilet bowl.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Looks almost embarrassed..! 

7162FF55-3B1F-48C8-9E0A-659BB08E44E7.jpeg

Just about able to hide his embarrassment and trying desperately not to touch that rag.

Looks just like the University of Bolton Stadium. from the UBol to the toilet bowl.

2 hours ago, westred1 said:

Always lived in Newport when he was at City as the houses were cheaper. Very much into his property.

will be a doddle for him if he still has property there. especially as the training ground if it ever materialises would probably end up out cribs way.

I too had a lot of time for him,can see this being a family thing as there is no reason on this earth why any good footballer would think of that shyte as a career prospect

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I look back at past teams and think ‘ruddy hell, we had players like Mark Little’*

*To be fair he was decent pre injury but was never quite the same player after, he looked a sad shadow of himself infact. I wonder which Mark Little the Gas are getting?!

I’d say they were getting half the player we had from ML!  If reports are true that he has property interests this way then I guess it’s a nice way for him to wind down his career....a regular wage without much expectation !

• Admin
8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

He's got to earn some sort of living, but he must be bloody embarrassed. 

With his property investments outside of football, I wouldn't have thought it would be much more than a bit of pocket money to give his Mrs for some nice new shoes every couple of months

1 minute ago, phantom said:

With his property investments outside of football, I wouldn't have thought it would be much more than a bit of pocket money to give his Mrs for some nice new shoes every couple of months

Stuart Sinclair was there for years. I’m not sure he ever managed to afford a pair of shoes. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I look back at past teams and think ‘ruddy hell, we had players like Mark Little’*

*To be fair he was decent pre injury but was never quite the same player after, he looked a sad shadow of himself infact. I wonder which Mark Little the Gas are getting?!

This one?

638EDA5E-3630-4D74-A0DD-BA2E93B5C119.png

16 minutes ago, Meh said:

Everybody is taking the piss and I get that but the truth is they have signed a quality, experienced player that should help improve them.

More than we have managed this summer.

Not really a worthwhile statement on june 4th fella.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Wasn't he big in a franchise way for flogging some type of dodgy protein supplement when with us? The season where Freeman suddenly bulked up and could no longer run....

Archived