IGNORED

Mark Little signed for Bristol Rovers (Merged)

frenchred

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

SUrely the big question is how many of his team mates will be leaving after a dressing bust up?

Yes. We tried to get an upgrade - we did upgrade - on ML following promotion. We had a few that were miles better technically - Fredericks, Matthews - but ML continued to contribute as a squad player for longer than we probably intended. Being one of the boys clearly helped. A good lad, committed and physical, but not good enough for us at this level four years ago, let alone now. 

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Absolutely chuffed with this signing tbh. Excellent addition for what we are, lower half L1. A few of my red supporting 'acquaintances' have messaged me saying "never thought I'd say this but jealous of Bristol Rovers today" so bodes well that he comes with a glowing review.

So each one of his City acquaintances said they are all jealous. Why oh why do some of those morons continue to falsify everything. 

26 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So each one of his City acquaintances said they are all jealous. Why oh why do some of those morons continue to falsify everything. 

TBF he did say a few of his City acquaintances.

Which makes it really believable :w00t:

Not.

FWIW, Litts is a really good signing for them.  He’s not what we need at RB any longer, but he’s had a decent career at the top end of lg1 and lower end of the Championship.

It’s not that long ago he was giving Joe Bryan an uncomfortable evening live on Sky away at Bolton when we lost 1-0 (Ameobi).

We know he’s not the most technically gifted, but he had a turn of pace and strength, and why I always called him the Bulldozer.  He stands up a good cross on the run too.

Off the pitch he was a big supporter of CHSW, so I will always like him for that.

I’m sure there are other Lg1 clubs, especially those at the top-end wishing they’d signed him.

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Because it is preferable to inhabit a "reality" of your own making and choosing, when the truth is too awful (mundane/unremarkable/unnoticed) and painful to deal with. Rather like President Trump does, and is doing today in London.

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Shouldn't the scarf read 'Truly Blue Forever' - I for sure would be if that's where my future lay?

Those idiots at Rovers really don’t get, do they. The irony of “welcome to Bristol” for Matty Taylor etc etc. 

He’s not “True Blue, Forever” he’s probably never even stepped foot in the Mem before..! 

They are a bunch of muppets..! 

What a come down for the bloke :facepalm:

Was great for us always gave 100%.

Rovers problem? Litts is great going forward but not the best defensively, so with Sags more often than not camped in their own half, they won’t see the best of him.

The choice of that scarf in particular is degrading to the player they have just signed as he is clearly being used as bait to earn cheap points in a game that they will never win. No wonder he looks embarrassed & probably a bit hacked off on his first day with his new club.

I wish him good luck though as he is surely going to need it & was a star for us in League 1. 

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW, Litts is a really good signing for them.  He’s not what we need at RB any longer, but he’s had a decent career at the top end of lg1 and lower end of the Championship.

It’s not that long ago he was giving Joe Bryan an uncomfortable evening live on Sky away at Bolton when we lost 1-0 (Ameobi).

We know he’s not the most technically gifted, but he had a turn of pace and strength, and why I always called him the Bulldozer.  He stands up a good cross on the run too.

Off the pitch he was a big supporter of CHSW, so I will always like him for that.

I’m sure there are other Lg1 clubs, especially those at the top-end wishing they’d signed him.

I think he could be a great signing; not sure he’ll shake off being ‘one of them’ in reality and also would have concerns he’s not the player he was.

The worst for them is he’s part of a squad that for us fans will be so fondly remembered and revered for years to come - think Goater for Man City even now. 

Mark Little, one of our own. 

45 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think he could be a great signing; not sure he’ll shake off being ‘one of them’ in reality and also would have concerns he’s not the player he was.

The worst for them is he’s part of a squad that for us fans will be so fondly remembered and revered for years to come - think Goater for Man City even now. 

Mark Little, one of our own. 

That’s nothing that a few own goals & bad back passes can’t compound..! 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That’s nothing that a few own goals & bad back passes can’t compound..! 

Indeed. That’s why I think he’s going to struggle there. He was no small part of our title; wasn’t there even a goal v sheff Utd if memory serves me right? 

We all know how that squad is looked upon by us fans. You can see the reaction to him going there, it isn’t a detraction, we all fondly remember him. 

We cant quite wish him well there, I hope he gets a relegation on his record, but bleed em dry Marky. 

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Indeed. That’s why I think he’s going to struggle there. He was no small part of our title; wasn’t there even a goal v sheff Utd if memory serves me right? 

We all know how that squad is looked upon by us fans. You can see the reaction to him going there, it isn’t a detraction, we all fondly remember him. 

We cant quite wish him well there, I hope he gets a relegation on his record, but bleed em dry Marky. 

His only goals were Notts County from 1/2 yard when the defender rallied on the ball on the goal line, and v Walsall In The JP Final from 1 yard.

He assisted Wilbs’s first goal v Sheffield Utd in 14/15 on debut.

His goals per yard (?) record is far better than Tammy’s!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His only goals were Notts County from 1/2 yard when the defender rallied on the ball on the goal line, and v Walsall In The JP Final from 1 yard.

Ahhh that’s it Dave, I was thinking about the Willbs goal, opening day right?

edit

now you’ve cleared my mind I remember that game, away, live on sky and thinking f me mark little is a helluva player. 

Actually I still think he is a lot better than he’s given credit for. Remember we are the fan base that thought Ayling was a bit suspect at the back. I think we expect more, for whatever reason. We were damn blessed last year. 

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Ahhh that’s it Dave, I was thinking about the Willbs goal, opening day right?

edit

now you’ve cleared my mind I remember that game, away, live on sky and thinking f me mark little is a helluva player. 

Actually I still think he is a lot better than he’s given credit for. Remember we are the fan base that thought Ayling was a bit suspect at the back. I think we expect more, for whatever reason. We were damn blessed last year. 

I rated both.

Recall Litts crunching tackle v Villa in 16/17 being the catalyst for a 3-1 win... think it was on Grealish.  We ripped them apart after that....one of the best performances at AG during the Johnson reign.  Tammy got the equaliser, Bryan (playing LCM) broke the offside trap to put us ahead and Tomlin scored from a free-kick, and seemed to be on-song after a petulant start to the season.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I rated both.

Recall Litts crunching tackle v Villa in 16/17 being the catalyst for a 3-1 win... think it was on Grealish.  We ripped them apart after that....one of the best performances at AG during the Johnson reign.  Tammy got the equaliser, Bryan (playing LCM) broke the offside trap to put us ahead and Tomlin scored from a free-kick, and seemed to be on-song after a petulant start to the season.

I love ML, and I’m not going to lie, I think - not laughing too loud as we’ve been caught before - they’re just paying his pension right now. He’s realised his career is on the slide and wants a club who are far enough up to pay him over the odds but not back breaking work. 

I’m really not laughing as we undoubtedly have been so caught out before; but I think that’s exactly what they have. A good player, a good pedigree, but ready to wind down 

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nah, he didn’t score vs Notts County - he scored in the home win vs Donny Rovers ...

Archived