IGNORED

Buying a City shirt for a funeral

EnderMB

My uncle passed away a few weeks ago from cancer, and his funeral is in around a week.

He was a big Bristol City fan, and would go to matches all the time with his dad, so for the funeral they're requested that people wear red, preferably City shirts.

Thanks to work, I don't go to as many City games as I had liked, so I don't have this years kit, and the only City shirt I still have is the Purple shirt from a while back.

Unless I'm the luckiest guy in the world, there's no way that the club are going to start selling the new shirts from today, so if I want to wear a City shirt I'll have to buy this seasons shirt. I'd be happy to do it for a one-time wear if it were cheap, but the shirt is still £45 in the City shop. I'd borrow one, but the only guys I know that support City are either fat or don't have the shirt either.

Does anyone know of a place to get a cheap City shirt, even if it's second-hand?

6 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

My uncle passed away a few weeks ago from cancer, and his funeral is in around a week.

He was a big Bristol City fan, and would go to matches all the time with his dad, so for the funeral they're requested that people wear red, preferably City shirts.

Thanks to work, I don't go to as many City games as I had liked, so I don't have this years kit, and the only City shirt I still have is the Purple shirt from a while back.

Unless I'm the luckiest guy in the world, there's no way that the club are going to start selling the new shirts from today, so if I want to wear a City shirt I'll have to buy this seasons shirt. I'd be happy to do it for a one-time wear if it were cheap, but the shirt is still £45 in the City shop. I'd borrow one, but the only guys I know that support City are either fat or don't have the shirt either.

Does anyone know of a place to get a cheap City shirt, even if it's second-hand?

What size..?

25 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

What size are you

Hi 

When I started reading I thought you may have been talking about my neighbour, mate and season ticket holder who sat next to me Martin, who sadly passed away a few weeks ago and will be cremated next Monday, his life was also cut short by cancer and will greatly missed by his family and friends.

I have an old city shirt that is a large that you are very welcome to, RIP you uncle.

20 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Hi 

When I started reading I thought you may have been talking about my neighbour, mate and season ticket holder who sat next to me Martin, who sadly passed away a few weeks ago and will be cremated next Monday, his life was also cut short by cancer and will greatly missed by his family and friends.

I have an old city shirt that is a large that you are very welcome to, RIP you uncle.

Afraid not, but I'm sorry to hear of Martin's passing. My uncle's name was John, in case anyone knew him.

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I should think he’s probably still a medium..! 

Haha, I've just come back to the office with a McDonalds breakfast, so a few more days of this and I might not look too silly in a large.

Hi mate, RIP to your uncle

I’ve got the old Hirerite in a medium happily lend you that

Alternatively, my son has a long sleeve version of the 2017/18 (I think) shirt 

I’ll put some pics up later if you want?

Let me know if any use

Edit - the long sleeve one is small 19” pit to pit

9F25B341-A616-4E06-AF0F-5DA0B490A941.jpeg

6CAD9E01-E0D5-4A02-9036-53853AF8C138.jpeg

11 hours ago, EnderMB said:

Whereabouts are you? I’m in BS3 and you can borrow my home top in a medium from last season (2018/19] 

When I started this thread, I honestly didn't expect so many people to offer their expensive shirts in response to one man that needed a shirt for a few hours. Thank you all so much!

I went with @Olé's idea and went onto ebay yesterday. There are a few shirts for sale on there, and I've bought an older medium shirt from there for a fiver. I still need to hear back from the buyer about delivery, but I should have one in time for the wedding.

Archived