IGNORED

Concept Shirts

soultrader

9 minutes ago, soultrader said:

I think I would prefer the 3rd choice if the stripe was vertical and offset ... would look like the Gulf racing top.

Also I think the robin badge should be purple/lime 

gulf.jpg

I just said the same on twitter didn’t I  @Woodsy

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I dislike the sash across any shirt. Always reminds me of Palace. I didn’t know the gas had one...........:dunno:

Away kit, obviously, yellow and black. Think it was a few years ago but I remember hating it. Yes I know it is a ‘traditional’ design historically, maybe we played in one years and years ago, but I really, really don’t like the style. It’s a no from me, I’m out.  

10 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Just concept shirts. Not our actual shirts. 

Which is why we should make clear now what we like and don’t like! If they are going to treat us like customers we can act like customers and ask for designs to be what the majority want. A great shirt will sell well, and that’s what the club wants from shirt sales, £££. If a sash is popular then sell it. 

7 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Just concept shirts. Not our actual shirts. 

The off season has to be a tough time for football journalists. They have to be as innovative as possible to fill the column space - like this article.

10 minutes ago, shelts said:

Concept ?

Another word for idea isn’t it, as in designs that are possible.

I thought most concepts were 75% or more set in stone with 25% flexibility for change. That’s my understanding anyway. Eg the shirt will be of that material and design, eg collar, colour, logos and badges but the sash colour could be changed or made one colour for example.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Another word for idea isn’t it, as in designs that are possible.

I thought most concepts were 75% or more set in stone with 25% flexibility for change. That’s my understanding anyway. Eg the shirt will be of that material and design, eg collar, colour, logos and badges but the sash colour could be changed or made one colour for example.

Well, these concepts are absolutely nothing to do with the club, so unless the guy who produced them has some kind of inside knowledge, then our actual kits will be nothing at all like these. 

22 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Fan of a sash personally, wouldn't mind that 3rd kit at all!

Peru's national home kit is a thing of beauty, and that's a sash. 

Looks like Crystal Palace's away shirt to me. 

45 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

As I always like to do, if you don't wish to visit that horrendous advert-riddled excuse for a website, it's just an article about some concept kits, shown below:

1_away-project-1.png

0_third-project-1.png

That stripe one is terrible.

It's Crystal Palace at the height of their Thunderbirds naffness.

Whoever came up with that "concept" wants to have a word with themselves.

41 minutes ago, soultrader said:

I think I would prefer the 3rd choice if the stripe was vertical and offset ... would look like the Gulf racing top.

Also I think the robin badge should be purple/lime

I agree. I do think we should shelve P/L as "Main" colours for a while (ignore my sig haha), make things a bit fresher.

Maybe L/P instead? ?

Archived