IGNORED

Inspirational Leader at AG

Nongazeuse

It's the close season and feeling a bit bored I clicked on some of the Bears interviews and clips.

I'm only an occasional Bristol fan but blimey Jack Lam comes over as a really inspirational and charismatic character and leader. No wonder Steve L has such a high regard for him. 

Don't take my word for it but have a look at the interviews with him on the OS and you'll see as eloquent, enthusiastic and committed a sports coach that you could wish for . 

I don't know how much contact Lee Johnson has with him but he could learn a lot from Lam's approach.

37 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

It's the close season and feeling a bit bored I clicked on some of the Bears interviews and clips.

I'm only an occasional Bristol fan but blimey Jack Lam comes over as a really inspirational and charismatic character and leader. No wonder Steve L has such a high regard for him. 

Don't take my word for it but have a look at the interviews with him on the OS and you'll see as eloquent, enthusiastic and committed a sports coach that you could wish for . 

I don't know how much contact Lee Johnson has with him but he could learn a lot from Lam's approach.

I’ve been to a few Q&As/Presentations that he’s done. You’ve pretty much summed him up with inspirational and charismatic I would just add too what a leader he is, his vision for Bristol was clear and concise. Even at the potentially troublesome presentation for the Bears rebrand,  alongside JL, Booy and Taints, he was by far the most eloquent speaker and the one everybody wanted to talk to afterwards. 

As a player he must make you feel ten feet tall as you leave the dressing room. 

58 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

No offence to LJ but different gravy and I don't believe Pat Lam's skills could be transferred to him because it isn't just words. You have to remember that he was a top top player at club level winning national and European honours, played in world cups and coached an unfashionable team to Pro 14 champions. He therefore has a real stature in his game which will ultimately I believe lead him to coach one of the major nations - not for quite a while though I hope.

I suspect that Pat Lam and Lee Johnson have as much contact as they feel is useful. 

While the two sports have big differences, because both are physical team games it is certain that the two sets of management, City and Bears will interact to learn and to give advice. Not about tactics but about fitness regimes and player management.

If they do not, I will be very surprised. To not do so, would be a waste of each others knowledge and close proximity of each other.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

I suspect that Pat Lam and Lee Johnson have as much contact as they feel is useful. 

While the two sports have big differences, because both are physical team games it is certain that the two sets of management, City and Bears will interact to learn and to give advice. Not about tactics but about fitness regimes and player management.

If they do not, I will be very surprised. To not do so, would be a waste of each others knowledge and close proximity of each other.

Genuine question, what do you think Pat Lam could learn from Lee Johnson on player management ? Training methods definitely but they will be well known and appreciated by respective coaching and conditioning teams.

4 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

I guess you mean the Head Coach Pat Lam rather than his cousin Jack Lam who has been a player here for several years but is now moving on.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

I guess you mean the Head Coach Pat Lam rather than his cousin Jack Lam who has been a player here for several years but is now moving on.

Two Lams? What the flocks going on!!

8 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Genuine question, what do you think Pat Lam could learn from Lee Johnson on player management ? Training methods definitely but they will be well known and appreciated by respective coaching and conditioning teams.

Man management is possibly the area where the two codes are very similar. Also rest and recovery from games, maybe recovery from injuries, ways to keep training interesting and effective.

Both Pat and Lee will be doing their best to keep ahead of the rest of the pack and will glean knowledge and new ideas from a very wide variety of sources and industries. Neither can afford to think they have nowt more to learn.

As a rider, there appears to be a fair amount of contact between the players given that they don't use the same training grounds. And attending each others matches when practical.

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Man management is possibly the area where the two codes are very similar. Also rest and recovery from games, maybe recovery from injuries, ways to keep training interesting and effective.

Both Pat and Lee will be doing their best to keep ahead of the rest of the pack and will glean knowledge and new ideas from a very wide variety of sources and industries. Neither can afford to think they have nowt more to learn.

As a rider, there appears to be a fair amount of contact between the players given that they don't use the same training grounds. And attending each others matches when practical.

Fair enough but I have never heard Pat dig out players publicly but perhaps i'm wrong.That is where I think the game varies.

Clearly more impact upper body injuries in rugby and vice versa in football but no doubt of interest just like when the rugby codes started talking.

11 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

He's now Director of Rugby since signing his new contract a week or two ago

Pat Lam and LJ both speak off the same page. Whether that’s down to SL ‘advising’ them to adopt a similar vernacular or whether he employed them in advance knowing that they would use the same kind of ‘speak’ is unknown. That said - it doesn’t really matter...............:dunno:

Archived