IGNORED

Brian Tinnion extended interview

Shtanley

Hey all, 

I know you're probably sick of me promoting One Stream in Bristol on here.

I sat down and had a good chat with Brian Tinnion this morning for the podcast, figured I'd share it on here.

Not done this kind of interview/long chat before so please cut me a little slack!

BT chats time abroad, the various managers he played under and why we should all be positive about the club's future.

Would love to hear thoughts on it, also who you'd like me to chat to next!

Listen on computer via Libsyn

Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts and listen there!

I haven't had the time to listen, but just wanted to say that's pretty amazing, Tinnion is a true City legend.  I am envious that you had chance to sit down and interview the great man.

I will listen a bit later, when the children are asleep.

56 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Hey all, 

I sat down and had a good chat with Brian Tinnion this morning for the podcast, figured I'd share it on here.

Not done this kind of interview/long chat before so please cut me a little slack!

BT chats time abroad, the various managers he played under and why we should all be positive about the club's future.

Not sick of it at all, great podcast, keep it up. 

58 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Well done good sir.

You have been given the ultimate acolade as well as there is a generous write up on the official site with a link to One Stream....

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/how-wilson-and-jacobs-extended-tinnion-s-playing-career/

You've made it! Does this mean you have to watch what you say now you're officially endorsed?! 

Downloaded the interview for my commute tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, !james said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/how-wilson-and-jacobs-extended-tinnion-s-playing-career/

You've made it! Does this mean you have to watch what you say now you're officially endorsed?!

Downloaded the interview for my commute tomorrow. 

Johnson out, 

Bristol Sport is ruining our club,

Mark Ashton is a man in a suit,

Lansdown doesn't want promotion.

I'll let you know.

Thank you for posting this and bringing it to my attention as I may of missed this. A fantastic interview with a City legend, great to hear his thoughts, insight of the club and his vision for the future, thank you..

That was fantastic. Really good questions and I honestly think I could listen to Tinman all day. He is just so passionate about football and about our club. He specifically said we have some very talented 14-19 year olds - I had a feeling we had a better bunch coming through from the younger groups. To have so many under 23s out on loan doing so well is so promising. But the ones coming underneath that could well be even better -  tournament win last summer abroad with some big clubs participating, and beating teams like Juventus and Monaco. We could really have some special talent coming through in the next 5 years.

Tinman's role is so important and he surely putting in a lot more hours than what he is required to do. So many games he watches, but he just loves watching football, keeping close with the young players and building important relationships. Certainly seems like the young players and contacts at local clubs trust Tinman, very important.

This is really worth a listen. Hope this leads to more ex players/staff members being willing to do this.

Tinnion talking about Danny Wilson's first meeting. "If you can't handle a ball and can't pass it to your team mates you won't be here very long." Explain your Joe Burnell fetish then please Danny!

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Hey all, 

Good work. Subscribed in my podcast player. 

@Shtanley,

Well done great interview. 

I have had the chance to speak to Brian a number of times. The work he is doing in invaluable to the club, it's the right policy to get the young players out playing Adult football. If they don't make the standard at the club we are now moving them on for a fee with a good sale on clause that may bring in more money in the future.

Through Brian's comments you can hear his love of the club. In his heart we are second to his beloved Newcastle.

The club is moving forward and it should be attractive  for players to come into.

16 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Hey all, 

Excellent interview.

Thanks for that.

Hey all, 

Cracking listen, definatley made the train journey to London much better. 

Hey all, 

When are you getting me on as a guest? ?

Have now listened as far as Benny's time and it's perfectly clear what a nut club Benny took over..

Players were unfit - Benny had to start pre season training in sep/oct, players were complaining about training twice a day as it was disturbing their golfing, players throwing up at training having been out in Birmingham all night.

And we where on a low when Benny came in, not on a high.

Watched the Bristol City v Gillingham game on the 19th of Feburary 1998 and was the last fan leaving the ground. Total shit.   

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Have now listened as far as Benny's time and it's perfectly clear what a nut club Benny took over..

Players were unfit - Benny had to start pre season training in sep/oct, players were complaining about training twice a day as it was disturbing their golfing, players throwing up at training having been out in Birmingham all night.

And we where on a low when Benny came in, not on a high.

Watched the Bristol City v Gillingham game on the 19th of Feburary 1998 and was the last fan leaving the ground. Total shit.   

Honestly think if Benny hadn't inherited a basket case squad/club he could've ended up doing a hell of a lot better than he eventually did.

Archived