IGNORED

Brian Tinnion extended interview

Shtanley

David Cotterill would be good right now, and I'm sure would be interested in another chance to talk about what he's doing now, but would be interesting to here him discuss about if his early move from us to Wigan, moving away at such a young age, could have started it all?

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Perhaps a long shot but would Steve Lansdown be able to take an hour or so out of his schedule to have a chat with you? I'm sure he'd be very interesting to talk to.

Perhaps he’d fly you over to Guernsey?

On 09/06/2019 at 09:45, RedSA said:

I’ve got a mate whose good friends with a bunch of players from the Wilson era. Will try and put him in touch with you, see if he can help. 

Cheers, Mike from the supporters trust said he’d get on the case too. Let me know if you’re pal can help me out, got a list of people I’d like to chat to! 

On 09/06/2019 at 14:42, ZiderEyed said:

Perhaps a long shot but would Steve Lansdown be able to take an hour or so out of his schedule to have a chat with you? I'm sure he'd be very interesting to talk to.

Jon Lansdown has listened. I’ll slide into his DMs see if he reckons his dad would be interested. 

On 09/06/2019 at 13:44, BristolCity1992 said:

Nice podcast good work. :)

Potentially Alex Russell would be good!

Just out of interest, why would Alex Russell be good? In my head he was on the fringes of the first team in the GJ era. 

Started listening to it this morning, cracking so far.

What about a Wayne Alison?  Not seen him mentioned so far.

Perhaps could do a Class of '94 special and interview the whole team?

Talking of which, just found this article about the tactical switch, never seen this before.

https://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/1877

3 hours ago, Coppello said:

Just out of interest, why would Alex Russell be good? In my head he was on the fringes of the first team in the GJ era. 

He would be towards the top of my list, for a number of reasons. he was part of one of the best seasons in our recent history (play off final year under GJ), then he helped behind the scenes.

I am no Johnson basher (senior or junior) at all, the opposite in fact, but and it is a big BUT..... IMHO if GJ had played Alex Russell more that year (his stats for the games he played in massively support this btw) we would have got automatic promotion and not lost out in the lottery of the play offs. there is little question in my mind that "family relationships" caused GJ to give far too much playing time to LJ that year (resulting in Alex R being on the bench) and the rest is history. 

That and GJ's ridiculous decision to bring on LJ in the play off final when Orr got injured and had to completely mess up the playing formation to do so at a time we had to get a goal, were my only gripe of the Johnson's to date...  i love both of them still! and feel very glad that we have LJ now as manager, but the above is still a bit of a sore point and I would be very interested in Alex Russells view on it all (even though I know he remains close to the club and the Johnsons).

48 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

He would be towards the top of my list, for a number of reasons. he was part of one of the best seasons in our recent history (play off final year under GJ), then he helped behind the scenes.

I am no Johnson basher (senior or junior) at all, the opposite in fact, but and it is a big BUT..... IMHO if GJ had played Alex Russell more that year (his stats for the games he played in massively support this btw) we would have got automatic promotion and not lost out in the lottery of the play offs. there is little question in my mind that "family relationships" caused GJ to give far too much playing time to LJ that year (resulting in Alex R being on the bench) and the rest is history. 

That and GJ's ridiculous decision to bring on LJ in the play off final when Orr got injured and had to completely mess up the playing formation to do so at a time we had to get a goal, were my only gripe of the Johnson's to date...  i love both of them still! and feel very glad that we have LJ now as manager, but the above is still a bit of a sore point and I would be very interested in Alex Russells view on it all (even though I know he remains close to the club and the Johnsons).

I don’t agree with any of that, despite what certain sections of fans think LJ was a huge part in getting us into the play offs playing the system GJ put together. Even some of his detractors admitted we missed him in games when he was unable to play. 

The change in the final was forced upon him and was a way of getting his most experienced side on the pitch, we were the better side for the majority of that game so, his change was justified. 

On 10/06/2019 at 17:26, Shtanley said:

Cheers, Mike from the supporters trust said he’d get on the case too. Let me know if you’re pal can help me out, got a list of people I’d like to chat to! 

Jon Lansdown has listened. I’ll slide into his DMs see if he reckons his dad would be interested. 

What about Jon if Steve can't / won't do it? Might be the next best thing?

Excellent listening. That's quite an art to maintain such a relaxed 'test match special'  style conversational interview for over an hour.

Roger Malone and Alan Dicks might be a bit too far into retirement at age 86 and 85 respectively to want to do interviews but you never know. 

• Admin
On 11/06/2019 at 13:27, Port Said Red said:

I don’t agree with any of that, despite what certain sections of fans think LJ was a huge part in getting us into the play offs playing the system GJ put together. Even some of his detractors admitted we missed him in games when he was unable to play. 

The change in the final was forced upon him and was a way of getting his most experienced side on the pitch, we were the better side for the majority of that game so, his change was justified. 

Was going to say, I have never heard anyone mention Russell like that before, certainly an interesting opinion.

But like the first reply to this day I can't understand why our best midfielder (Elliott) was moved to full back, rather than bring on Vasko and put him at CB and move Carey to right back....

Oh well, all ifs and buts I guess

Archived