IGNORED

David Coles leaving

Buckeyed

Don’t get the problem here backroom staff change fairly regularly. He’s been here six years what else could he possibly teach Max that he hasn’t already? Sometimes it’s good to freshen things up and get a new coach for the keepers to impress and to bring new ideas/drills to training.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

LJ can't be sacked but he can sack people for fun without reason

I really fail to see the logic in this comment

1. We don't know he was sacked.  He may well be leaving for a better job or for personal reasons 

2. If he was sacked do you really think it would be for no reason?

Keep the faith, at least until first ten games of new season

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

In that case ugly business

LJ can't be sacked but he can sack people for fun without reason

Yes, this things happen but the message is up your ass.

oh-for-fucks-sake-who-left-the-gate-open-atthe-14525377.png

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The official statement has pissed me off to be fair. Both been huge servants to the club over the last 7 seasons or so but just got a generic copy and paste job for their goodbye. 

Yeah not upset by the decision but the statement was pretty lame and obviously chucked together in two minutes.

Everyone saying sacked, it was probably the end of his contract (and Rhys) and we've just decided to bring someone else in. Everyone on here says jobs for boys when we bring back people like Johnson or McAllister, but kick up a fuss about someone leaving whose been here a while without knowing details.

51 minutes ago, hodge said:

Everyone saying sacked, it was probably the end of his contract (and Rhys) and we've just decided to bring someone else in. Everyone on here says jobs for boys when we bring back people like Johnson or McAllister, but kick up a fuss about someone leaving whose been here a while without knowing details.

Pretty sure all coaching staff (LJ aside) are on continuous 12 month rolling contracts, so would need to be terminated for them to leave 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

The official statement has pissed me off to be fair. Both been huge servants to the club over the last 7 seasons or so but just got a generic copy and paste job for their goodbye. 

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Yeah not upset by the decision but the statement was pretty lame and obviously chucked together in two minutes.

Let’s just hope it’s a quick comms, because people are on hols, and a fuller statement will come out, thanking them in a more gracious way.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

That’s what I thought too. Seems he is learning and also lecturing at conferences too. Clever bloke. 

Could be as simple as he wants to develop that side more, and either he’s decided he can’t fit in both, or club have decided.

These things happen.

So, I am aware that our chief scout and our goalkeeping coach had some differences of opinion on whom they wanted at the club. Scout likes a particular keeper, but coach (who’d have to work with him) doesn’t. 

If we sign this player then I’ll suspect the departure is more aligned to a differing of opinions than a coach simply moving on. 

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

So, I am aware that our chief scout and our goalkeeping coach had some differences of opinion on whom they wanted at the club. Scout likes a particular keeper, but coach (who’d have to work with him) doesn’t. 

If we sign this player then I’ll suspect the departure is more aligned to a differing of opinions than a coach simply moving on. 

Who exactly IS our chief scout......is it still Mervyn Day? Don't hear much about him lately....

14 hours ago, westred1 said:

David and Rhys were huge assets to the club. They’ve made a great contribution and yet Dave Barton/the club feel the cold statement on the website is sufficient? Absolute joke.

I noticed this to, here is is for those that haven’t seen. There was a photo of each of them too. I thought it was very short and terse. Especially as Carr I believe had been here six years, not sure about Coles but certainly deserving of such an abrupt statement. 

FRIDAY, JUNE 7TH 2019

Head of Sport Science Strength and Conditioning Rhys Carr and Goalkeeping Coach David Coles have left Bristol City by mutual agreement.

The club would like to thank both of them for their service and wish them well in the future.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Coles joined in 13/14 season under Cotts, replacing Kendall.

I thought it wasn’t recent, but didn’t realise it was that long either. Makes it even odder that the club didn’t write a little piece on each and give them a proper goodbye and good luck. Quite sad really.

56 minutes ago, RedM said:

I thought it wasn’t recent, but didn’t realise it was that long either. Makes it even odder that the club didn’t write a little piece on each and give them a proper goodbye and good luck. Quite sad really.

7 hours ago, RedM said:

I noticed this to, here is is for those that haven’t seen. There was a photo of each of them too. I thought it was very short and terse. Especially as Carr I believe had been here six years, not sure about Coles but certainly deserving of such an abrupt statement. 

FRIDAY, JUNE 7TH 2019

Head of Sport Science Strength and Conditioning Rhys Carr and Goalkeeping Coach David Coles have left Bristol City by mutual agreement.

The club would like to thank both of them for their service and wish them well in the future.

TAGS:

•  

You look at any staff leaving city (manager aside) in the last 15 years and that’s pretty much all they get, I don’t know why people get arsey with it,

it was the same for Walsh beanhead pembo 

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

You look at any staff leaving city (manager aside) in the last 15 years and that’s pretty much all they get, I don’t know why people get arsey with it,

Why are you accusing me of being arsey, bit rude isn’t it?

So it was the same for Beanhead and Co, doesn’t make it right does it? But yes, it’s only my opinion. Maybe I like things done right, fair and proper and,  again only my opinion, but I don’t think the club have. 

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

John Pemberton also got a follow-up article with a "tribute" from Steve Lansdown: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/lansdown-pays-tribute-to-pemberton/

Wade Elliott also got more of a goodbye when he departed his U21s role: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/elliott-departs-ashton-gate/

It’s a nice trait to have, feeling sorry for people who lose their jobs for whatever reason and we’ve all been in that position and I doubt many of us have received any recognition whatsoever.

A football club are in a privileged position and can put more in the public eye to show their gratitude.

Weigh  those two thoughts up and I think what the club did is perfectly fine.

Archived