IGNORED

Season tickets!!!!!

Langford Red

One again

City push to get season tickets in cheaper (When bought early)

Promise everything for next season

Then after the season tickets are bought. They sell their best players

Looks like Brownhill will now go to the Prem

We continue to be a selling club, even though the board say they are ambitious not to sell and make the Premium themselves

Enough is enough

Promising L1 and L2 players are going to be very eager to sign for Bristol City and younger players for our Academy because over the last couple of years we have looked like a fast track to the Premiership and becoming a millionaire.  If you want to be driving a Lamborghini in three years' time then sign for Bristol City.

You have to take the longer view; if the club was seen to be holding players back from very lucrative moves then how many promising players, and how many promising players' agents, would be keen upon a transfer to here?

Plus it reduces the loss and keeps us within the FFP rules.

Maybe just fishing, but here goes

Think you are a bit premature aren't you, or just itching to bash the club?

Had the new season started next week then maybe fair comment, but as we have not even sold Brownhill or anyone else except Kelly which was great business, the new season is ages away and we may make some very good signings, then this is just nonsense

If we sell players and make good profit then we can reinvest and continue to build

I think you might be the most premature poster on the forum. 

Prematurely bemoaning defeats at half time before we went on to win and now prematurely bemoaning us selling our best players when we haven't sold them....

I kind of feel for your Mrs tbh

Simple question to the OP then... Would you rather let players run down expensive contracts as we used to and receive nothing or would you rather have the business sense to sell players at their peak value and then reinvest and do the same over again?

Talk about panicking when their’s no reason to.

34 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

We continue to be a selling club

Everyone bar the biggest clubs in the world is a selling club if the money is right, selling Kelly/Brownhill (if he goes) and O'Dowda combined with last summer should put us in a very strong position with regards to ffp.

1 hour ago, Bicester Red said:

One again

We continue to be a selling club, even though the board say they are ambitious not to sell and make the Premium themselves

Enough is enough

You must be the only season ticket holder at the club that is surprised by this. 

This policy has been widely known for many, many years.  The goal hasn't changed; we're still aiming for the Premier League.  The goalposts haven't moved either.  We buy small and sell big on our way there.

And anyway....We sold our best players last summer.....and finished higher than the season before.

How are you being so bloody negative?!?

3 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

One again

Enough is enough

Agreed, I long for the day when we start signing washed up journeymen who have no resale value again. 

2009-13 was great for this football club and I, for one, am amazed we’ve not looked to recreate this golden period. 

We know how we are trying to operate as a club. We now have to trust the scouting and management teams to keep producing. 

I've said it previously about the craving for an "established 20 goal a season striker". Whilst it would be nice to go out and buy one, these type of players are rare. However our last three 20 plus goal scorers have been a bloke from France no one had heard of, a loanee with no first team experience and a converted midfielder who most would of been happy to let go before the season had started. It's not about getting big names and spending big. It's about getting the right players- Something City have got right for the last couple of years. If brownhill goes (hopefully he doesn't) then hopefully it will be another flint/webster situation. 

5 hours ago, Robin Goch said:

Simple question to the OP then... Would you rather let players run down expensive contracts as we used to and receive nothing or would you rather have the business sense to sell players at their peak value and then reinvest and do the same over again?

Talk about panicking when their’s no reason to.

A bit like last season and Flint, Bryan & Reid being sold. I don't think the club did too bad reinvesting in players?

Plenty of time for new talent to be brought in and a nice war chest to use this summer

5 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

You must be the only season ticket holder at the club that is surprised by this. 

This policy has been widely known for many, many years.  The goal hasn't changed; we're still aiming for the Premier League.  The goalposts haven't moved either.  We buy small and sell big on our way there.

And anyway....We sold our best players last summer.....and finished higher than the season before.

Do you think he`s got a season ticket? I doubt it.

And Hazards just been sold so that's Chelsea as a selling club. Do yo think Chelsea lack ambition considering they have just won a European trophy?

Every club in the world is a selling club except Real Madrid. 

8 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

One again

Enough is enough

Bicester. If I asked you what sort of club is Benfica, you could say that they are regularly in the Champions League and in past have won it while providing countless players to International sides from Portugal and Brazil.

It's only when you dig deep, that you discover that they bring in youngsters from the old Portuguese colonies including Brazil, and any other country you care to mention, develop them, and then sell them on to Italian, Spanish, British and other's clubs.

By doing so, they win their league regularly, not that hard when there are only three clubs big enough to win it, play in Europe every year. And survive because of transfer profits.

That is what City have now embarked on. There are English clubs that have done this for years. Crewe, Peterborough, Brentford and even Southampton and West Ham.

Our problem is that we've only done it this way recently. We have had to buy in late teenagers to fill our u23 side and sell each gem we produce as soon as they show themselves to the world.

But as our Academy produces more, then we will be able to pick and choose those that we must sell and keep those, who might help us get to the promised land, a bit longer.

But get there we will. At 76, I hope to see it soon.

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

This is the best pattern of misc emojis  I’ve seen. A full house Is it a record? 

D801E2DF-BA06-454C-80C6-B518538FDCBF.png

Is it that time of the season already? Bloody hell....

Few draws , but striking first win for aubergine. Sadly Robin loses 3-1 at hime to Hedgehog and Poo hammers Snake 9-1 in the final game .......

I'll be glad when the season starts :yawn:

12 hours ago, Pezo said:

And Hazards just been sold so that's Chelsea as a selling club. Do yo think Chelsea lack ambition considering they have just won a European trophy?

Every club in the world is a selling club except Real Madrid. 

Chelsea haven’t signed anyone yet either.

?

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Chelsea haven’t signed anyone yet either

?

And apart from Hazard there are also strong rumours that they will be selling a left back and centre half this window!  All after many season tickets have been bought. I'd be well cheesed off if I had got one!

18 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

The policy is sound, providing flexibility is built in.

Sales, plus progress both on and off the pitch means it is now an opportune time to twist rather than stick.

To me that means:

1) No more big sales of key players this summer- Kelly hopefully the first and the last summer 2019.

2) Keep pushing hard on Kalas and Da Silva.

3) Two to three marquee signings- if available and willing- also with a positive attitude a must. Still without wrecking the wage structure and putting us at financial risk.

It's a balancing act but a time to push the boat out nonetheless.

Archived