IGNORED

Nigel Adkins has gone ... (Merged)

BS4 on Tour...

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Likely didn't get satisfactory reassurances on transfer, wages or even retention of some of his better players. Keeping at least 2 of their front 3 for example.

Maybe he wasn’t happy that the board accepted a cut price offer for Jared Bowen. From us...! ?

So has Adkins had a hint of a job elsewhere, not many would go and leave themselves jobless?

Wonder who Hull will get next. Bloody Windass I expect, they love him. That actually would be quite funny, shame Hull aren’t such a rival to us. 

1 minute ago, pride of the west said:

Job for cotts? We still doing that?

Is there a job in football we haven't put poor old Cotts forward for?!

1 minute ago, RedM said:

So has Adkins had a hint of a job elsewhere, not many would go and leave themselves jobless?

Wonder who Hull will get next. Bloody Windass I expect, they love him. That actually would be quite funny, shame Hull aren’t such a rival to us. 

The Fewers love him more....

I luckey meet with Nigel Adkin at a football conference a couple of years ago. 

He came across as a good guy and if it fell right (us wanting a manager and him being available) the type of manager that could do will here.

He likes to promote young player, plays a good style of football and want to progress the clubs he works at. 

I don't think Hull will be progressing forward this coming season so that could be why he jumped ship.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Likely didn't get satisfactory reassurances on transfer, wages or even retention of some of his better players. Keeping at least 2 of their front 3 for example.

thats hull summed up though, should've seen that coming

Will be good for any championship team without a manager though

6 hours ago, RedM said:

This was posted elsewhere by a Hull fan six weeks ago;

Yeah, but with Adkins maybe abandoning ship along with quite a few players, Bristol are in better shape out of the two of us. Rumour is that he might go to Middlesbrough this summer - can't say I blame him.

Speaking to Hull fans after the game the other week they were really fearful that this would happen and said they thought the only way for them is down if he went. Unfortunately they were right re the first part. Think they may be right about the second as well. 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Speaking to Hull fans after the game the other week they were really fearful that this would happen and said they thought the only way for them is down if he went. Unfortunately they were right re the first part. Think they may be right about the second as well. 

There certainly are a lot of despondent Tigers fans round these parts currently and still a sizeable number boycotting them.

That Hull fan I quoted earlier has posted again;

I really despair at these two clowns running my football club. Nigel Adkins is one of lifes gentlemen, a thoroughly decent man and a very astute football manager. I see dark days ahead for Hull City, but I wish Nigel Adkins and Middlesborough the best of luck, I hope the club treat him well, the fans there should be very happy with their acquisition.

Archived