IGNORED

RIP Justin Edinburgh

RED4LIFE

4 hours ago, RedM said:

This is such a shock. So sad that he had just got Promoted. RIP Justin, thoughts are with his family. 49 is no age. This really chokes me up.

Me too, was hoping he would recover sadly not to be, hope Leyton Orient do you proud Justin.

9 hours ago, pillred said:

Me too, was hoping he would recover sadly not to be, hope Leyton Orient do you proud Justin.

I didn’t even know he was in hospital, somehow missed that so the first I heard of it was the sad news. Family and friends of course come first but this is going to affect Leyton Orient FC players and staff and their fans greatly too for a long time to come. Still shocked. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I didn’t even know he was in hospital, somehow missed that so the first I heard of it was the sad news. Family and friends of course come first but this is going to affect Leyton Orient FC players and staff and their fans greatly too for a long time to come. Still shocked. 

Was wondering myself whether this came completely out of the blue or did he have any underlying medical issues, he certainly looked fit enough and was a former pro footballer so guess not, as you say very sad all round, can't think how his family must be feeling right now and as you say the Orient players, hope they do him proud next season.

He certainly would have more medical people seeing him on a daily basis than most of us for sure. I was just shocked at the timing of it, close season when you would have hoped he would be resting and relaxing a bit. Maybe that was it. I’ve certainly heard of many people who have had jobs when they have worked long hours, and haven’t taken care of themselves due to this only to die just weeks into retirement when they have relaxed. Very sad.

• Admin

Leyton Orient Football Club is delighted to announce that the West Stand at The Breyer Group Stadium will be officially renamed The Justin Edinburgh Stand, in tribute to our former title-winning Head Coach.

Justin tragically passed away in June 2019, weeks after leading the O’s to the National League title and promotion back to the EFL, as well as guiding the Club to the FA Trophy Final at Wembley.

The renaming of the Justin Edinburgh Stand will be officially marked by his wife Kerri and children Charlie and Cydnie in the build-up to kick-off tomorrow against Newport County, who Justin also managed to promotion in 2013.

Thanks to the support of Walsingham Motor Insurance Limited, new signage including the logo of the Justin Edinburgh 3 Foundation– which to-date has raised more than £50,000 – will feature prominently on the stand, allowing all inside the stadium to see.

Kerri Edinburgh commented, “It is with enormous pride and excitement that on Saturday we will be attending Leyton Orient v Newport County for the official unveiling of The Justin Edinburgh Stand.

“Over the past months we can’t thank Leyton Orient enough for their continued support to us all. We’ll be forever grateful for that and know why Justin loved this club and the people involved with it so much.

“One of Justin’s and our family’s most memorable moments of his managerial career was the promotion back to the Football League which was secured on the pitch in front of this stand which will now proudly be named after Justin.

“We’d like to thank Nigel, Kent, the Board of Directors and all the staff at Leyton Orient for making this possible and for always making us feel welcome and part of the Orient family; our family and friends for their continued support; and finally, football fans all over the UK, especially those Leyton Orient supporters and Newport County supporters with whom Justin had an incredible mutual bond and supported him and his teams so passionately.”

Garry Watson, CEO of Walsingham Motor Insurance Limited (WMIL) said, “WMIL are delighted to have the opportunity to support JE3 and Leyton Orient Football Club in helping them to provide a lasting memorial to Justin Edinburgh.  The joy that he brought to all O’s fans will stay with us forever and WMIL are proud to be associated with the club in helping to honour Justin’s memory”

Danny Macklin, Leyton Orient Chief Executive, adds, “We are proud to be revealing the new name for the West Stand which we hope will be a fitting tribute to Justin whilst also promoting the exceptional work of the Foundation.

“We are also pleased to be partnering with Walsingham Motor Insurance as they look to support us and also the Justin Edinburgh 3 Foundation for the remainder of the 2019/20 season and a further three seasons to come.”

Tomorrow’s match day against Newport County includes a number of fundraising initiatives for the Justin Edinburgh 3 Foundation. This includes a bucket collection taking place around the ground, a half-time penalty shoot-out in which fans from the O’s and Newport have pledged donations to the Foundation and also a raffle in the Leyton Orient Supporters Club, where tickets will be available pre-match for £5 each. Please give generously where you can. Alternatively, donations to JE3 can be made online here.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.leytonorient.com/2020/01/24/justin-edinburgh-stand-announcement/

Archived