IGNORED

England v. Scotland Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

7 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

I wanna know whos gonna do my tea...…..

MORONIC COMMENT COUNTER: 2

You’re right, someone else should do it for you as leaving lazy, unfunny and sexist comments on a thread about women’s football is such a valuable role that should not be uninterrupted at any cost

12 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

MORONIC COMMENT COUNTER: 2

You’re right, someone else should do it for you as leaving lazy, unfunny and sexist comments on a thread about women’s football is such a valuable role that should not be uninterrupted at any cost

kids need bathing now ive only got one pair of hands...….

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

I think England women could be mid to top end championship easy...…..

Technically I agree

But the physicality of the championship would mean they’d get bullied imo. However I’ve been very impressed with the football on show so far, the England 7 has been excellent and the finish for the 2nd goal was class

8 minutes ago, BcFcOneLove said:

Just talking to my dad about the standard equivalent of the England women's compared to men's football.

I said I think they are Lower league 2 at best.

He thinks they could give Bristol City a good game.

I beg to differ!

England women would not beat Yate Town. Much better skills for sure but physicality counts for alot.

Which is why the equality argument is a load of bull wanting same pay as the men. True equality stick them in the same league system and see how good they are.

There you go Newquay, theres your moronic comment number 3.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Can we please stop this tasteless and dated sexism

Especially as our own women's team is doing well, and enhancing the name of Bristol City.

Apologies - it made me chuckle, but I guess it's taken as read that I'm tasteless, given my team of choice! 

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

England women would not beat Yate Town. Much better skills for sure but physicality counts for alot.

Which is why the equality argument is a load of bull wanting same pay as the men. True equality stick them in the same league system and see how good they are.

There you go Newquay, theres your moronic comment number 3.

I would not call that moronic at all. Don’t necessarily agree with you but that’s not in the same league as moronic. I have no issue with discussion. What concerns me is when people just make tired old jokes on a subject that deserves to move past that phase.

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

No men on the pundit panel. Bit sexist... 

I don’t think it is. Women are pretty much non existent on men’s panels

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Brilliant this, far better standard than I thought 

England look outstanding 

Most people seem to not realise that the game has progressed massively in recent years 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I watched most it - they were toothless and very fortunate to win 2-1 against desperately weak opposition.

Why would you watch the Scottish national side when you're so scathing about the standard of Scottish football generally? Odd.

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

New rules, clear penalty.

You'll see a lot more like that

Unfortunately.........without VaR no one would have even appealed for the hand ball that was given. In situations like that it spoils the game.

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Why would you watch the Scottish national side when you're so scathing about the standard of Scottish football generally? Odd.

Not much else on the tv BR.......and I quite enjoy watching a poor international team struggle against an even poorer international team.

In fact I reckon The England’s women team could give them a run for their money..............:rofl2br:

52 minutes ago, BcFcOneLove said:

Just talking to my dad about the standard equivalent of the England women's compared to men's football.

I said I think they are Lower league 2 at best.

He thinks they could give Bristol City a good game.

I beg to differ!

1st half at Ashton Gate he's probably right.   :(

43 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I don’t think it is. Women are pretty much non existent on men’s panels

Most people seem to not realise that the game has progressed massively in recent years 

I don’t think that’s true @RedDave we are seeing more and more women pundits appear on our screens. We are almost force fed this wave of equality.

Archived