IGNORED

Nadal

JBFC II

What a player, not going to get involved in the greatest of all time stuff but just wow.

Was outstanding against a very very good Federer and awesome today.

Really feel privileged to watch him Federer and Djokovic battle it out 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What’s best is that there’s three top top players, rather than the one supreme in th era. A joy indeed ??

I would say you could include Andy Murray, injuries aside he has mixed it with them.

5 times Australian Open runner up

French Runner Up

Us Open Winner 

Wimbledon Winner x 2

Davies Cup winner

Double Olympic Gold Medal singles 

I would say Federer as he has won more slams on different surfaces but what a player Rafa is also not forgetting Novak as well. I wonder how long Federer will go on for as he is still playing at a very high quality even at nearly 38 years old

9 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I would say you could include Andy Murray, injuries aside he has mixed it with them.

5 times Australian Open runner up

French Runner Up

Us Open Winner 

Wimbledon Winner x 2

Davies Cup winner

Double Olympic Gold Medal singles 

If Andy Murray gets included in the debate, surely you have to mention Stan Wawrinka too?

Australian Open Winner
French Open Winner
US Open Winner
Davies Cup Winner
Olympic Doubles Winner

12 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What’s best is that there’s three top top players, rather than the one supreme in th era. A joy indeed ??

I recall chucking out the stat on some previous thread. To update it, since Federer won his first grand slam at Wimbledon in 2003 there have been 64 finals up to Paris last weekend.

Of those 64, Federer (20), Nadal (18) and Djokovic (15) have won 53 between them. That is a prolonged period of dominance that is unreal.

For completeness, the unlucky souls who have had to live with this trio, and still managed to win something:  Murray (3), Wawrinka (3), Roddick, Gaudio, Safin, del Potro, and Čilić.

Archived