IGNORED

for those who have BT Sport

That was Easter Saturday 1975.

The day before City won 1-0 at Soton, but Norwich had no game. On the Saturday Norwich looked fresher and the result showed it. They went up, City had to labour another year in Div 2.

Went to both games. I think Gillies scored at Southampton, my brother joked that it went in off his ear! 

The Norwich game was so frustrating - seen a few of those over the years. Saying that Norwich were very composed. I think it was Peter Morris who did not put a foot wrong. I hated him that day mind. 

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Good grief!........you guys have impressive memories........I can barely remember  the season before last............:facepalm:

I can remember games 10-20 years ago, but I’d struggle to remember the scores from a month or two ago.

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Did any one watch the BT repeat?

I recorded it but they did not show the goal I'm afraid. Interesting to look back at that era all the same. You forget that all the pitches were mudheaps and how many fouls players could get away with before maybe getting a booking. 

20 hours ago, 22A said:

That was Easter Saturday 1975.

The day before City won 1-0 at Soton, but Norwich had no game. On the Saturday Norwich looked fresher and the result showed it. They went up, City had to labour another year in Div 2.

I went to the Soton game and remember on the journey home we stopped at a pub and the City bus was there so the players could celebrate their win. Definitely below par the following day against promotion rivals Norwich!

Archived