IGNORED

I met Ray Cashley last night

The Saturday Boy

14 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

They only mid week afternoon game I can recall during the 3day week/power cuts, which City were involved in, was the Leeds away cup game?

13 hours ago, Angmering Red said:

I seem to remember us playing Millwall on a Tuesday afternoon, won 5-2 Keith Fear hat trick

I went to both matches, but, for some reason, I seem to recall also playing a midweek afternoon game against what was then Leyton Orient.

Does anybody else recall that, or is it just age playing tricks with my memory?

22 hours ago, Elruliri said:

Is there any footage of it, I  can't find anything on the internet??

I don't think there was. I do remember HTV following up the story the next day and Roger Malone tried to get Cash to do it again in broad daylight. Of course the wind had dropped by then and the whole stunt looked silly.

I was also on the East End that night and can only echo what has already been said. I think there was a split second where we saw the bounce of the ball leave the keeper stranded and we thought this could go in . . .  yessssss!

22 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I went to both matches, but, for some reason, I seem to recall also playing a midweek afternoon game against what was then Leyton Orient.

Does anybody else recall that, or is it just age playing tricks with my memory?

No midweek afternoon against what would then have been............Orient, they had a short time calling themselves that, but soon reverted to LO.

On 11/06/2019 at 22:13, East End Old Boy said:

They only mid week afternoon game I can recall during the 3day week/power cuts, which City were involved in, was the Leeds away cup game?

we played Millwall on a Tuesday afternoon during the power cuts.

Archived