IGNORED

be careful next time you watch dodgy feeds

This is a problem with their official app, as long as you don't sign up for anything the only way you can be tracked is by the government through your ISP.

But as @Port Said Red says, one simple solution to overcome any potential problems, use a VPN.

Your normal connection:  

image.png

Your connection using a VPN: image.thumb.png.187c3f55c1f63579eb2afa8c0af15a34.png

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Indeed, pay £2 a month for mine and so worth it. IPTV only costing me £30 for 12 months also...

Which one do you use ?

So many out there and a recommendation would be very helpful.

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Which one do you use ?

I use this one, they had an introductory offer of approximately £45 for two years and up to 5 devices at any one time as well. 

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com

They hold no activity records either so can never be subpoenaed to supply any of your details.  

I have been using HOLA, which is free, for several months and, until recently, have found it very efficient.

Unfortunately, it no longer seems able to bypass the BBC security, meaning I cannot watch BBC programmes.

Does anybody have a solution, or should I now consider one of the sites mentioned above?

3 hours ago, Unan said:

This is a problem with their official app, as long as you don't sign up for anything the only way you can be tracked is by the government through your ISP.

But as @Port Said Red says, one simple solution to overcome any potential problems, use a VPN.

Your normal connection:  

image.png

Your connection using a VPN: image.thumb.png.187c3f55c1f63579eb2afa8c0af15a34.png

Can me and Mrs Downend fit one of these VPN servers into our old fashioned internet connection?

phone.thumb.jpg.bfcb70ada3decce358c0a15a27322f4b.jpg

38 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have been using HOLA, which is free, for several months and, until recently, have found it very efficient.

Unfortunately, it no longer seems able to bypass the BBC security, meaning I cannot watch BBC programmes.

Does anybody have a solution, or should I now consider one of the sites mentioned above?

I used this for watching our away games on the official site, very good.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Be very wary using free VPN's. Just bear in mind the old adage; if you aren't paying for a product then you are the product! 

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Which one do you use ?

Take a look at https://thatoneprivacysite.net/ - it won't recommend what vpn to use, but it will give you a fantastic colour coded comparision table that makes it easy for you to decide for yourself. Avoid the shill 'comparision' sites  as these are 99% affiliate marketting.

I use mullvad. I have used pia, but won't anymore. I could be tempted to use NordVPN. I also have a firefox addon of tunnelbear who will give you 500 mb (not a lot I know) free monthly. Nothing is free in life so draw your own conclusions.

Nordvpn is great and you can add it to mobile devices

Mrs Downend need have no worries - VPN is just a piece of software that you download onto your current computor, nothing to plug in or rewire. Just google VPNs, pick a suitable one, sign up, pay your fee and follow the download (its great for more then just watching city).

15 hours ago, downendcity said:

Can me and Mrs Downend fit one of these VPN servers into our old fashioned internet connection?

19 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Indeed, pay £2 a month for mine and so worth it. IPTV only costing me £30 for 12 months also...

A "friend" has IPTV on a firestick but just uses it through his own ISP, I am guessing he should change that asap? I know he tried a VPN for a few of the City games and it literally kept kicking back to a UK location so was very poor - that was also with Nord I think. Do you just basically turn it on and off when on IPTV?

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

A "friend" has IPTV on a firestick but just uses it through his own ISP, I am guessing he should change that asap? I know he tried a VPN for a few of the City games and it literally kept kicking back to a UK location so was very poor - that was also with Nord I think. Do you just basically turn it on and off when on IPTV?

Yeah my VPN service and IPTV service appear as 'apps' on my firestick screen. I go into the VPN one first and then connect to a server of my choosing (usually a London or Manchester one, but have used the Netherlands also). After that I open up my IPTV app and crack on...

I think it's worth it, now that there is such a crackdown on IPTV services.

23 hours ago, wood_red said:

My IPTV service does not work when my VPN is turned on as they already encrypt through their own servers, if I forget to turn my VPN off then i get kicked out of my IPTV. I use Glitch IPTV and Express VPN. Works very well over here in Canada, certainly not the cheapest but does a great job for me.

Archived